rare games for Vita?

#1catgrizinsiderPosted 4/4/2012 9:25:43 AM
Hey

I am just starting on a Vita collection to go along with my 3DS collection. I was wondering if there are any rare titles for the Vita yet or which ones may become rare? A guy I talked to at Gamestop doesn't think Supremacy MMA will be out for very long. Any others?
#2noutBrPosted 4/4/2012 9:30:27 AM
Rare is owned by Microsoft, so no Rare games for Vita.
---
m e g a m a n f o r e v e r
#319darkdenizen92Posted 4/4/2012 9:30:53 AM
Maybe Rayman Origins? I heard it didn't sell well, but it's an awesome game.
---
i5 2500K | Twin Frozr II GTX 560 Ti | 8GB DDR3 RAM | 550W PSU | RAIDMAX SMILODON Extreme Black | Intel H67CL MOBO
#4DarkRavenMercPosted 4/4/2012 9:33:04 AM
If you see anything developed or localized by Atlus, get it.
---
My blade is wielded for the benefit of me and me alone!
Dark Mercenary of Gamefaqs
#5DOAsaturnPosted 4/4/2012 9:33:51 AM
DarkRavenMerc posted...
If you see anything developed or localized by Atlus, get it.

This, heck, get two
---
I'm an every system fanboy!
Tracking every 3DS release - www.3DSvault.com
#6noutBrPosted 4/4/2012 9:37:30 AM
To answer more seriously, no Vita game will really become rare since there is digital versions on PSN. Though I could see how it is a problem if you like the boxes (but there are no manuals!), I personally don't care for Vita game boxes even though I have a pretty huge collection of games from NES and GB up to now.
---
#7DOAsaturnPosted 4/4/2012 9:48:54 AM
noutBr posted...
To answer more seriously, no Vita game will really become rare since there is digital versions on PSN. Though I could see how it is a problem if you like the boxes (but there are no manuals!), I personally don't care for Vita game boxes even though I have a pretty huge collection of games from NES and GB up to now.

That's a good point. I actually like the vita boxes and they look good in my collection but I'm not sure I'd go too crazy about collecting vita games. That said, collectors will be collectors and I'm sure they'd find value in having physical copies, even if it is only the card and box.
---
I'm an every system fanboy!
Tracking every 3DS release - www.3DSvault.com
#8noutBrPosted 4/4/2012 9:54:09 AM
DOAsaturn posted...
That's a good point. I actually like the vita boxes and they look good in my collection but I'm not sure I'd go too crazy about collecting vita games. That said, collectors will be collectors and I'm sure they'd find value in having physical copies, even if it is only the card and box.

Yeah and if Capcom ever decides to release a Mega Man game for Vita I'll probably buy the Physical game because I own almost every MM game, that's the collector in me. But for convenience I might even buy a second copy from PSN, depends on my financial situation I guess but I will do anything to help get more Mega Man games released!

Mega Man games also tend to go out of print extremely fast...
---
#9stargazer64Posted 4/4/2012 9:57:55 AM
It's rare to see any games released for the Vita. Ho ho ho!
---
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.
#10deathsaber79Posted 4/4/2012 10:02:08 AM
The biggest things this gen are to look out for games released by Atlus, NISA, or Aksys.

Especially see if they are preordering any special editions that are ONLY sold on that companies website, those can be BIG.

For example, I just flipped a premium edition Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 which was only sold on the NISA website and eventually ran out of stock a week before release for $150 (which I paid $65 for). I actually didn't buy it to flip it at all, but when I saw what people were actually paying for this thing on ebay the day I received mine, I figured $150 is worth more to me than an admittedly 6/10 jrpg at best with a cheesy little artbook and a soundtrack cd I"ll never listen to, when Tales of Graces, and Xenoblade Chronicles, both MUCH better Jrpgs, were right around the corner (plus I can just pick up a "standard" Neptunia anytime for $50 to actually play it)