Hero difficulty? (Ninja Gaiden board is dead)

#1poopfeasts420Posted 4/25/2012 8:41:30 AM
I read that this mode makes the game easier for casual gamers and I was just wondering if it really makes a difference? I heard this game was hard and I don't want to start crying (kidding...or am I)
---
I AM DAVE EXCLAMATION MARK YOGNAUGHT
#2A_Nonny_MoosePosted 4/25/2012 8:44:07 AM
It gives yo unlimited magic and auto-dodging when you're low on health. But anyone should be able to beat the game on normal really.
---
http://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png
#3plo617Posted 4/25/2012 8:49:46 AM
A_Nonny_Moose posted...
It gives yo unlimited magic and auto-dodging when you're low on health. But anyone should be able to beat the game on normal really.

I disagree with that statement. This game is challenging even for hardcore gamers. I beat it, but could totally see some people not being able to.
#4extremegamer1Posted 4/25/2012 9:22:19 AM
Currently running through it on hard and idk how most beat it..
---
GT - Michael Tong
PSN - Mdtong1
#5trenkenPosted 4/25/2012 9:27:46 AM
A_Nonny_Moose posted...

This is a silly statement. I know a lot of people that just play games casually and could never get through that game even on hero mode. Dont act like every gamer is some hardcore serious gamer playing lots of games and going on message boards. Many of them dont and wouldnt even be able to get past the first chapter.
---
3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3/Vita | CygnusZero
#6snoopfaqerPosted 4/25/2012 9:41:45 AM
I am a frequent gamer and I kinda want to buy this game but I am kinda scared, to be honest haha. The things I have heard...I feel I would give up in frustration after like 2 hours, which is unfortunate because this game looks quite fun.
---
PSN: snooptasm
#7prmtymePosted 4/25/2012 10:13:39 AM
i beat it on hero mode beat it on hard mode yearrrrs ago on xbox my gaming must have gotten bad because i keep getting pwned so i switched to hero and breezed through the game
---
FC: 2921-9335-1250
PSN Vita: prmtyme
#8OmegaZero633Posted 4/25/2012 11:11:06 AM
I should probably clarify something for all those confused people out there.

Ninja Gaiden is a skill-based fighting game. How well you do in it directly relates to two important things:
-How skilled you are as a gamer.
-How quickly you can learn gameplay aspects.

Yes, it is a difficult game, but the difficulty is directly proportional to your skill. I'm currently playing through normal with no problems, even though at first I struggled in the opening stage.

Now, keep in mind several things that may hinder your gameplay experience:
-The camera is horrible. Get used to using R to recenter it.
-The archaic save system can kill your progress. Always save (even if you have to backtrack to save points) as much as you can, because if you die without saving in a new chapter, you WILL be taken back to the last save you made in the PREVIOUS chapter.

It's a fun game and I don't regret buying it in the least. If you don't have access to a PS3 or Xbox, then I recommend getting this if you're hankering for a good action game. Even at 30 fps, it plays well.
---
My 3DS FC is 4854-6508-4956. My PSN is OmegaZero336. PM me if you want to add me. :D
Former Official Bear-Wrestler of the NDF, Now Retired.
#9drags_Posted 4/25/2012 2:31:04 PM
It is fairly easy because you can just spam your nimpo when you are low on health, it also automatically blocks a lot of enemy attacks. Just play on hero and enjoy the game, next time play on hard to challenge yourself.
#10A_Nonny_MoosePosted 4/25/2012 3:31:28 PM
Fine. Most people who are familiar with 3D action/adventure games should be able to beat it on normal. I beat the game on very hard and I'm not that good at games. I couldn't finish CoD:WaW on the easiest setting.
---
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png