Holy hell Mortal Kombat looks bad

#61JP_SartrePosted 7/12/2012 5:08:15 PM
Ok, I see why $10. Joke's on me,. LOL.

Looks like a 3DS game.
---
"The Virtual Boy didn't fail. We failed the Virtual Boy"
-fallenKlNG
#62JP_SartrePosted 7/13/2012 8:08:25 AM
Is there no way to shut off those damn X-ray closeups? Otherwise, not a bad game at all.

If not, can this be updated to turn them off?

My eyes are bleeding from watching these already.
---
-fallenKlNG
#63KaoticEnigmaPosted 7/13/2012 8:46:20 AM
Nope. It's like their version of "super moves" and were purposely designed like that, just how you can't skip supers in SF. It can get annoying, but as you get better, you learn to telegraph them better and block them more often so they appear less.

And you can choose not to use them as the player, which I recommend anyway as the meter has better uses (combo break, enhanced moves).
#64JP_SartrePosted 7/13/2012 10:03:42 AM
KaoticEnigma posted...
Nope. It's like their version of "super moves" and were purposely designed like that, just how you can't skip supers in SF. It can get annoying, but as you get better, you learn to telegraph them better and block them more often so they appear less.

And you can choose not to use them as the player, which I recommend anyway as the meter has better uses (combo break, enhanced moves).

Ugh. That's what I was agraid of. Still, it does play well otherwise. Not sure why this had to be tacked on, pointless really. For ten bucks, Guess I can't complain.
---
-fallenKlNG
#65TeremeiPosted 7/13/2012 10:17:13 AM
I own it and I enjoy it, it's funny you show pictures of just the extreme closeups. And not pictures of what you'll be looking at the majority of the game, zoomed out 2D view. The Vita is just not as powerful as people thought it would be. Nowhere near PS3 power. Even in UMvC3 where it looks pretty much the same, they had to scale back the super moves because it couldn't handle all of the pixels I guess.

But overall I find it exceptable being able to play it on the go.
---
last $$: Gravity Rush, Pokemon Conquest, SSX, Atelier Meruru LE, Tales of Graces F
Playing: Legend of Dragoon PSN/PSPgo +
#66PerfectHeadshotPosted 7/13/2012 4:28:26 PM
Where can I purchase Mortal Kombat for $10 or even $20? I'm interested in the game, but the graphics are a factor in my purchase, which is why I refused to pay $40 - $30 for the port.
---
What's with the pirate hate any way? They go argh and steal booty from people's ships and don't forget about their parrots!
-Zalker