How is Treasure of Montezuma Blitz?

#1TheExiled280Posted 7/10/2012 7:54:46 PM
Topic

I see a lot of people playing it on my friends list. I played the demo but it only last for like 30 seconds. How much does it cost to completely buy the game?
---
PSN: TheExiled12894 // A Proud Owner of a PlayStation Vita, PSPgo & PSP1000
Gravity Rush Launch Trailer: http://youtu.be/5Q-p-41_V4Y
#2vidalmorazaPosted 7/10/2012 7:56:44 PM
How is it? Well, is free, thatīs all I have to say....
---
XBL/PSN/Steam: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC00631.jpg
#3hajile12Posted 7/10/2012 7:58:01 PM
TheExiled280 posted...
Topic

I see a lot of people playing it on my friends list. I played the demo but it only last for like 30 seconds. How much does it cost to completely buy the game?

its free. You get 5 lives and you will have the option to buy more lives (with real money), or wait until they refill. Every week you are entered into a local tournament and are competing with your friends. if you come in first place you get like 1000 crystals and 10 lives. Its an amazing free game.
---
Somtimes i go to dog parks even though i dont have a dog. I bring a leash though and i wear a very shifty look. =I
#4TheExiled280(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2012 7:58:35 PM
Seems like the demos locks you out certain features till you pay. Is there a one time purchase or are there small mirco transactions?
---
PSN: TheExiled12894 // A Proud Owner of a PlayStation Vita, PSPgo & PSP1000
Gravity Rush Launch Trailer: http://youtu.be/5Q-p-41_V4Y
#5ALIEN-gunnerPosted 7/10/2012 8:26:35 PM
TheExiled280 posted...
Seems like the demos locks you out certain features till you pay. Is there a one time purchase or are there small mirco transactions?

There is no demo, the game is 100% free to download and play. There are micro-transactions where you can buy extra gems, lives or scratcher tickets but none of that is needed at all.

The was a very recent patch that got released that made the game 100 times better. Every time you play you use up a life, you usually have 5 lives to start. when a life is gone it now takes about 2 and a half minutes to replenish, no matter if the game is running or not, time is persistent.

Before the patch it took longer to regenerate lives, earn exp and there were no clear explanations of how the game worked. That's all fixed now. Download it and patch it.
---
Now playing: Ridge Racer, WipEout 2048, Lumines: Electronic Symphony, Treasures of Montezuma Blitz, Plants Vs. Zombies
#6hajile12Posted 7/10/2012 8:32:21 PM
TheExiled280 posted...

you can buy the locked portions with the crystals you earn in game.
---
Somtimes i go to dog parks even though i dont have a dog. I bring a leash though and i wear a very shifty look. =I
#7ALIEN-gunnerPosted 7/10/2012 9:59:00 PM
In other words, nothing is locked out. you don't have to pay a dime to see all that the game has to offer. It's a true F2P game that gets everything right.
---
Now playing: Ridge Racer, WipEout 2048, Lumines: Electronic Symphony, Treasures of Montezuma Blitz, Plants Vs. Zombies
#8gillz107Posted 7/10/2012 10:13:19 PM
ALIEN-gunner posted...
In other words, nothing is locked out. you don't have to pay a dime to see all that the game has to offer. It's a true F2P game that gets everything right.

Exactly. I've played this game since a little after it came out and I already have over 100,000 crystals without spending a single dime. Don't forget about the daily scratch card. You have the chance to win 100,000 crystals. Most I've won was the 40,000 one.
Also, remember that if you don't use any bonuses or totems, you won't spend any crystals, and the only limit you have is the hearts used. (but there's also a trick to bypass that by going into the Vita settings and manually changing the time on the Vita by 1 hour ahead each time you run out of hearts and when you go back to the game, your hearts will be refilled again)
---
I like 2 teams: The Red Sox, and whoever beats the Yankees.
#9MidgardDragon99Posted 7/11/2012 10:27:50 PM
ALIEN-gunner posted...
TheExiled280 posted...

There is no demo, the game is 100% free to download and play. There are micro-transactions where you can buy extra gems, lives or scratcher tickets but none of that is needed at all.

The was a very recent patch that got released that made the game 100 times better. Every time you play you use up a life, you usually have 5 lives to start. when a life is gone it now takes about 2 and a half minutes to replenish, no matter if the game is running or not, time is persistent.

Before the patch it took longer to regenerate lives, earn exp and there were no clear explanations of how the game worked. That's all fixed now. Download it and patch it.

Well after reading this I can't comment on its quality anymore. I was going to come in here and say that it's basically a Facebook game on Vita, forcing you to either pay money for lives or only play in short bursts every so often if you don't want to pay money. But if lives replenish more quickly it may be a better game than before.

It's still only worthwhile because it's free, though, IMO.
---
3DS FC: 4639-9048-2382, Wii FC: 4558-6862-5396-5206, PSN: MidgardDragon
DD Pawn: http://game.capcom.co.jp/DD/en/pawn_detail/?pf=PS3&gid=MidgardDragon