How long until we start to worry?

#21GreenSF49Posted 7/11/2012 3:30:16 PM
Commodus76 posted...
squatch22 posted...
I see its yet another 3DS bashing topic on the Vita board...

I have a 3DS. don't love the hardware but Nintendo does know how to make a good game. Zelda OoT is fantastic.

Nevermind.
#22TheMisfitPosted 7/11/2012 3:50:59 PM(edited)
Commodus76 posted...
GreenSF49 posted...
brycemorr posted...
If I remember correctly the Dreamcast sales numbers started to pick up considerably then it was canned. I could be wrong but sales didnt have anything to do with the killing of saga as a console maker.It was the NA president of Saga at the time. He just didnt like consoles.

He got fired and ps2 came out with the dvd built in player and yeah games came out for ps2 than nobody was interested in the dreamcast. I had both(had 2 dreamcast btw) sad day in gaming.

When PS2 came out everyone hated it. It's saving point was that it was a cheap DVD player. They used to cost a lot at the time. People used to say that a PS2 was a system that played PS1 games and also had a DVD.

What the hell are you talking about? Were you even old enough to remember? The PS2 launch was very successful and sold close to 2 million in 3 months at $299.99 just in the US. Everyone loved it, hence the sales. People say sales don't mean much...how is that logic? Sales shows consumer interest.

The PS2 had weak launch games but it was released coming off the success of the first Playstation. It was near impossible to find one in stores for the first 6 months. Plus full backwards compatibility with all PSone games helped. Definitely Sony in their prime. Lately they are destroying their reputation, and scaring off a lot of their fan base.
---
GameFAQs user & enthusiast for over 10 years.
#23Commodus76(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2012 3:53:41 PM
TheMisfit posted...
Commodus76 posted...
GreenSF49 posted...
brycemorr posted...
If I remember correctly the Dreamcast sales numbers started to pick up considerably then it was canned. I could be wrong but sales didnt have anything to do with the killing of saga as a console maker.It was the NA president of Saga at the time. He just didnt like consoles.

He got fired and ps2 came out with the dvd built in player and yeah games came out for ps2 than nobody was interested in the dreamcast. I had both(had 2 dreamcast btw) sad day in gaming.

When PS2 came out everyone hated it. It's saving point was that it was a cheap DVD player. They used to cost a lot at the time. People used to say that a PS2 was a system that played PS1 games and also had a DVD.

What the hell are you talking about? Were you even old enough to remember? The PS2 launch was very successful and sold close to 2 million in 3 months at $299.99. Everyone loved it, hence the sales. People say sales don't mean much...how is that logic? Sales shows consumer interest.

The PS2 had weak launch games but it was released coming off the success of the first Playstation. It was near impossible to find one in stores for the first 6 months. Plus full backwards compatibility with all PSone games helped. Definitely Sony in their prime. Lately they are destroying their reputation, and scaring off a lot of their fan base.

People did buy the PS2, but they bought it cause it was a cheap DVD player, and much less cause of the success of PS1, and for sure not because of PS2's early titles. This was still the VCR era, remember? Also, while it sold well, it was very easy to find in stores unless you lived in Casper, Wyoming.
#24djmaster1994Posted 7/11/2012 3:59:45 PM
blade113355 posted...
after a year for it to pick up steam like the 3DS did, I mean the 3DS did bad at first as well. Why do people freak out when a new console does bad?

there you go again another vita owner trying to make Vita like 3DS when Vita suffered harder than 3DS with better launch games, online store up and features available and it still flop.

3DS sold over 4 million from Feb-June Worldwide. Vita sold over 2million from Dec to now.
---
"Nah potna it will b da moxt intrsting E3 Nintendo Press Conference since E3 2010". ~djmaster1994 (me)
#25TheExiled280Posted 7/11/2012 4:08:11 PM
djmaster1994 posted...
blade113355 posted...
after a year for it to pick up steam like the 3DS did, I mean the 3DS did bad at first as well. Why do people freak out when a new console does bad?

there you go again another vita owner trying to make Vita like 3DS when Vita suffered harder than 3DS with better launch games, online store up and features available and it still flop.

3DS sold over 4 million from Feb-June Worldwide. Vita sold over 2million from Dec to now.

Most of what you say is true BUT the Vita released in Japan 2 months earlier than NA & EU
---
PSN: TheExiled12894 // A Proud Owner of a PlayStation Vita, PSPgo & PSP1000
Gravity Rush Launch Trailer: http://youtu.be/5Q-p-41_V4Y
#26djmaster1994Posted 7/11/2012 4:15:04 PM
TheExiled280 posted...
djmaster1994 posted...
blade113355 posted...

Most of what you say is true BUT the Vita released in Japan 2 months earlier than NA & EU

and 3DS release in Japan 1 month before US and Europe.
---
"Nah potna it will b da moxt intrsting E3 Nintendo Press Conference since E3 2010". ~djmaster1994 (me)
#27TheExiled280Posted 7/11/2012 4:19:16 PM
djmaster1994 posted...
TheExiled280 posted...
djmaster1994 posted...
blade113355 posted...

and 3DS release in Japan 1 month before US and Europe.

Kay
---
PSN: TheExiled12894 // A Proud Owner of a PlayStation Vita, PSPgo & PSP1000
Gravity Rush Launch Trailer: http://youtu.be/5Q-p-41_V4Y
#28TheMisfitPosted 7/11/2012 4:26:20 PM
Commodus76 posted...
TheMisfit posted...
Commodus76 posted...
GreenSF49 posted...
brycemorr posted...

What the hell are you talking about? Were you even old enough to remember? The PS2 launch was very successful and sold close to 2 million in 3 months at $299.99. Everyone loved it, hence the sales. People say sales don't mean much...how is that logic? Sales shows consumer interest.

People did buy the PS2, but they bought it cause it was a cheap DVD player, and much less cause of the success of PS1, and for sure not because of PS2's early titles. This was still the VCR era, remember? Also, while it sold well, it was very easy to find in stores unless you lived in Casper, Wyoming.

My first DVD player was purchased in 2000. It was $80 bucks and it was a Sony. How is $299.99 a cheap DVD player? In reality it's $299.99 for a cheap quality DVD player. I'm just saying the PS2 was a big deal right from the start, the DVD player was just a bonus.
---
GameFAQs user & enthusiast for over 10 years.
#29squatch22Posted 7/11/2012 4:33:32 PM
3DS sold 3.6 million in its first month.
---
3DS bashing is not considered trolling, but being on the Vita board IS considered trolling.
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/4797/rehash2.jpg
#30Commodus76(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2012 4:35:44 PM
TheMisfit you are full of ****. DVD players back then in stores cost between 300 and 400 dollars. Stop lying and saying you got a DVD for 80 bucks (unless it was stolen).