The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Call of Duty will save the Vita

#1darealest47Posted 7/29/2012 7:41:20 AM
It's no doubt that call of duty will do to the ita what super Mario 3d land did to the 3ds. The mass market consumer knows super Mario well and will get 3ds to play the mario/Pokemon. Call of. Duty is one of then biggest games today and with the vita's right analog stick it's possible to play a console quality call of duty. They don't need any gimmicky controls just stick to the normal controls because it works and why fix something that ain't broken. Haters of call of duty will buy it too because they always buy cod each year and who wouldn't want to play on the go. My point is that this game is going to treated like a big exclusive because cod is so big and Sony needs something that will SELL.
---
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec
#2garaa682Posted 7/29/2012 7:43:41 AM
Super Mario 3D land didn't do it alone though. It had OOT, MK7, Kid Icarus, and is getting Kindom Hearts and Animal Crossing.

One game doesn't make a system.
---
Hooch is crazy.
#3JP_SartrePosted 7/29/2012 7:46:27 AM
garaa682 posted...
Super Mario 3D land didn't do it alone though. It had OOT, MK7, Kid Icarus, and is getting Kindom Hearts and Animal Crossing.

That's great for the >10 year old crowd, which mostly own Nintendo hardware.

Sony's fan base is older and more jaded than Nintendo's.
---
"The Virtual Boy didn't fail. We failed the Virtual Boy"
-fallenKlNG
#4Maximum OverdrivePosted 7/29/2012 7:48:33 AM
I doubt it. Something tells me that CoD Vita will fail pretty badly, that it just won't feel like console CoDs. I'm hoping not because I'm looking forward to it. Maybe I'm just trying to keep myself from being disappointed.

A lot of CoD players are also casual. They couldn't give a rat's ass about the Vita whether CoD was on it or not.
---
Resistance: Fall of Man username: [AM>]Shadow_Angel
MGO username: [PED] SHADOW ANGEL
#5garaa682Posted 7/29/2012 7:49:02 AM
JP_Sartre posted...
garaa682 posted...

I don't see how this really matters. My point was that the Vita needs lots of good quality games to be "saved"
---
Hooch is crazy.
#6JP_SartrePosted 7/29/2012 7:50:57 AM
garaa682 posted...
JP_Sartre posted...
garaa682 posted...

I don't see how this really matters. My point was that the Vita needs lots of good quality games to be "saved"

I think a new COD and a new GTA will sell units.

I don't actually believe that Vita needs "saving".
---
-fallenKlNG
#7Maximum OverdrivePosted 7/29/2012 7:51:17 AM
JP_Sartre posted...
garaa682 posted...

Did you mean <10 year old crowd?
---
Resistance: Fall of Man username: [AM>]Shadow_Angel
MGO username: [PED] SHADOW ANGEL
#8garaa682Posted 7/29/2012 7:52:52 AM
Maximum Overdrive posted...
I doubt it. Something tells me that CoD Vita will fail pretty badly, that it just won't feel like console CoDs. I'm hoping not because I'm looking forward to it. Maybe I'm just trying to keep myself from being disappointed.

A lot of CoD players are also casual. They couldn't give a rat's ass about the Vita whether CoD was on it or not.

I also agree with this a little. None of the hardcore CoD players I talk to even follow E3 or really gaming news at all. I think the biggest way to suck them in is zombies. If it has zombies, put them in EVERY CoD commercial. This will show them that it isn't a typical crappy CoD portable game.
---
Hooch is crazy.
#9chickenlardPosted 7/29/2012 7:53:21 AM
A new Dragon quest game followed by a new Yugioh game would help, but I don't think you will like playing call of duty without the L2 and R2 buttons. So a call of duty game without grenades, or equipment? Sounds different but workable.
#10JP_SartrePosted 7/29/2012 7:55:13 AM
chickenlard posted...
A new Dragon quest game followed by a new Yugioh game would help, but I don't think you will like playing call of duty without the L2 and R2 buttons. So a call of duty game without grenades, or equipment? Sounds different but workable.

You got me on a new DQ. I'd hit that.

Also, the touch screen could be used for grenades/ equipment, no?
---
-fallenKlNG