PS1 support "how long could it possibly be oh my god" countdown.

#1SnoopydancePosted 8/2/2012 2:02:25 PM
There are currently 50 possible days for PS1 support to come to the Vita before "this summer" is explicitly a lie. Yay!
---

#2Prince ShondronaiPosted 8/2/2012 2:04:23 PM
It's always summer, somewhere.
---
One of us. One of us. One of us.
#3Snoopydance(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2012 2:21:43 PM(edited)
Prince Shondronai posted...
It's always summer, somewhere.

Well, that's not true. 50% of the year it's summer somewhere. But "this summer" means the summer of this year, and there's just no way they meant the summer of a different hemisphere.

edit: Just looking it up again, some places like China have a slightly longer or different definition of summer, but like when we're in spring, nowhere is summer, I don't think...
---
#4lunchEATSyouPosted 8/2/2012 2:32:46 PM
I know what you mean. I have almost $40 on my PSN account waiting to be spent on PS1 classics. It might end up being less, should I experience any lapses of discipline while waiting for PS1 support.
---
"I thought gameplay was the primary selling point of video games"........................."You thought wrong."
#5Snoopydance(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2012 2:39:37 PM
^ I already bought almost all the ones I wanted to play via Mediago or PS3. There was a sale in like March on FF games and they were all half price. I caved and played through FF8 but the rest are just waiting for Vita support... sad how long it's taking.
---

#6MidgardDragon99Posted 8/2/2012 10:15:55 PM
And already we have a pretty reliable rumor that it will happen at Gamescom, so of those 50 days we'll likely have a more precise timeframe within about 15.
---
3DS FC: 4639-9048-2382, Wii FC: 4558-6862-5396-5206, PSN: MidgardDragon
DD Pawn: http://game.capcom.co.jp/DD/en/pawn_detail/?pf=PS3&gid=MidgardDragon
#7Snoopydance(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2012 9:21:10 AM
MidgardDragon99 posted...
And already we have a pretty reliable rumor that it will happen at Gamescom, so of those 50 days we'll likely have a more precise timeframe within about 15.

Is there any reason to think it's reliable?

49 days.
---

#8lunchEATSyouPosted 8/3/2012 9:26:59 AM
Snoopydance posted...
^ I already bought almost all the ones I wanted to play via Mediago or PS3. There was a sale in like March on FF games and they were all half price. I caved and played through FF8 but the rest are just waiting for Vita support... sad how long it's taking.

Lucky you. I don't have a PS3 or PSP so my only choice is to keep waiting. Also, How much $ is each Final Fantasy? I am interested in downloading FF VI though FF IX. Anyways, 49 more days it is!
---
"I thought gameplay was the primary selling point of video games"........................."You thought wrong."
#9Snoopydance(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2012 9:56:13 AM
lunchEATSyou posted...
Snoopydance posted...

Lucky you. I don't have a PS3 or PSP so my only choice is to keep waiting. Also, How much $ is each Final Fantasy? I am interested in downloading FF VI though FF IX. Anyways, 49 more days it is!

FF 7-9 are 9.99 each. They were like five bucks with PS+ in the sale a long time ago (I got a free PS+ code and used it just for that sale).
---

#10VervePosted 8/3/2012 10:17:34 AM
Sony Computer Entertainment has a Press conference at Gamescom on Aug. 14th. Much like past Press conferences I am willing to bet, during it they will say " PS1 Classics are NOW available on the PSN store so go get them... blah, blah, blah,..." So the countdown is most likely 11 days.
---
3DS FC: Verve - 4854 7572 6040 PM me if you add me
Games: MK7, TC:GRSW, SMT:DSO, LOZ:OOT, SM3DL, TOTA and a boatload of DS games.. PSN:Verve GT: data d0g