The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Isn't the addition of Cross-Play to LBP2 this late kind of silly?

#1backguard222Posted 8/21/2012 3:20:33 PM
It is a cool idea and everything but with LBP coming out for the Vita who is actually going to use it? Won't everyone just be playing LBP Vita instead of LBP2?
#2RotuhiiriPosted 8/21/2012 3:23:56 PM
I think it's partially an experiment to see how interesting the concept is to Vita owners and also to show that the Vita+PS3 combination is as capable as the Wii U.
---
Motorola 68000 @ 7.67 MHz | Zilog Z80 @ 3.58 MHz | 64K RAM | 64K vRAM | 64 simultaneous colours on screen | 16-bit Arcade Graphics | Blast Processing
#3mrekliPosted 8/21/2012 3:35:11 PM
LBP2 doesn't have Cross-Play. It's Cross-Controller. It's different.
---
Every service with a username: mrEkli. Google me if you must.
#4vidalmorazaPosted 8/21/2012 3:56:57 PM
Rotuhiiri posted...
I think it's partially an experiment to see how interesting the concept is to Vita owners and also to show that the Vita+PS3 combination is as capable as the Wii U.

Is more than capable, since both have CPU and GPU and RAM, etc, Wii U tablet is empty, it just displays what the Wii U is processing, the thing is, and has been told by many in this board, no game is gonna use it, maybe 5 games in the whole gen, since you need both Vita and PS3, and right now Vita sales are not that good, so less developers are gonna use it...

And is true, is Cross Controller, you need to buy the DLC for the PS3 version, there is no Vita game in the equation...
---
XBL/PSN/Steam: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC00631.jpg
#5backguard222(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2012 4:01:56 PM
Wait ... you need to buy Cross-Controller support? Lame.... (Is it cross controller or cross play?)
#6Metalsonic66Posted 8/21/2012 4:02:24 PM
LBP2 still has tons of players and content is still regularly released. That along with all the new players who got it free with PS+ make it a prime candidate for experiments like this. I just wonder how controlling the arms will work.
---
PSN/Steam ID: Metalsonic_69---Killzone clan: Slap and Tickle Division [STD]
Xfire ID: sp00nmonkey
#7stargazer64Posted 8/21/2012 4:08:25 PM
Rotuhiiri posted...

Plus it's advertising the Vita and its games to PS3 owners.

"By the way, if you like LBP2 we have this here Vita thingie that also plays a NEW Little Big Planet."
---
What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.
#8selfdeztructionPosted 8/21/2012 5:08:11 PM
backguard222 posted...
Wait ... you need to buy Cross-Controller support? Lame.... (Is it cross controller or cross play?)

It is cross controller,cross play references a ps3 and vita games like All-stars and hustle kings that have a ps3 and vita version and allow the users to play against each other or continue their progress regardless of system.

The "cross-play pack" will be free dlc (just like the "move-pack dlc" was free) and it is a really smart move that they are adding it because most dlc and user created stuff in LBP 2 will be playable on LBP vita.

The pack will also come out before september and it will be a great way to show vita owners (that have LBP 2 on the PS3) what to expect in LBP vita.

I was in the beta for LBP vita and I can't wait for september or this dlc.I have all three copies of LBP and both the dlc and LBP vita will rock.
---
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG / PSN (PS3 & vita) / Skype - selfdeztruction
Wii FC (Revolution) - 6605 3315 8599 4345 3DS FC (HaVoK) 3780-9281-5652
#9Metalsonic66Posted 8/24/2012 5:37:51 PM
The Move pack wasn't free, actually. The patch that allowed you to use the Move controller for normal gameplay was free. The DLC levels and creation tools cost money but like with all LBP level kits you can still play the community levels that use the DLC even if you don't own it.
---
PSN/Steam ID: Metalsonic_69---Killzone clan: Slap and Tickle Division [STD]
Xfire ID: sp00nmonkey