do the gta 'stories' use the right stick?

#1bigroc10304Posted 8/23/2012 12:06:55 PM
I want to buy both Liberty City and Vice stories for the psp for my Vita... But I can't imagine playing a 3rd person gta with only the left stick. anyone who bought them can you tell me if the right stick is used in these titles? I know this isn't the board for either game, but I figured this is the only place I could get an answer for the Vita versions.

Thanks in advance.
#2SnoopydancePosted 8/23/2012 12:11:32 PM
All PSP games on the Vita have the same options. There is no PSP game that gains new functionality of the right stick. What it is is the ability to rap the right stick to the d-pad, the right stick, or the face buttons.
---

#3bigroc10304(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2012 12:19:12 PM
Snoopydance posted...
All PSP games on the Vita have the same options. There is no PSP game that gains new functionality of the right stick. What it is is the ability to rap the right stick to the d-pad, the right stick, or the face buttons.

I don't know what that means.
#4GhetsisPosted 8/23/2012 12:22:58 PM
They don't use the d-pad for camera, if that's what you're asking.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#5alamazing1234Posted 8/23/2012 12:24:06 PM
You use L+analog to control the camera in the PSP GTA games. There's no way to map it to the right stick. You're stuck with the same controls as the PSP versions.
#6atomicxPosted 8/23/2012 12:24:36 PM
bigroc10304 posted...
Snoopydance posted...

I don't know what that means.

Snoopydance had a typo. Should have been "map" instead or "rap". His reply should hopefully make more sense to you now.
#7SnoopydancePosted 8/23/2012 12:46:08 PM
You can change the right stick to control the d-pad, right stick, or face buttons. So it's just using the right stick instead of one of those things.
---

#8bigroc10304(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2012 6:45:12 PM
It throws me some, and I guess that's what happens when you try to upscale an older game that used more buttons than its portable counterpart.

The R + L sticks work with shooting

I just don't want to have a 20 buck meh game,

I've dll'ed Chinatown Wars, and the R stick is pretty vital in things/ops/missions...
Even though it's an overhead POV, it retains the feel of a GTA game.... With the exception of the whole "lose the cops" crap,

I figured since they put them on the ps2 that the game allowed the game to use the R stick IIRC... So I thought that maybe some of that translated into the Vita version of the game.

I was bummed out when I realized I couldn't use Kratos with the R stick in the GoW games.