I live in Dubai, can I buy games from the US PSN store?

#1Superman80Posted 8/28/2012 9:37:30 PM
Does anyone know how I can buy games from the US store, the UAE one is rubbish compared to the US store, especially the PS One Classics. We don't have Xenogears or Castlevania. I know that my credit card won't work, is it possible to use a PSN card which I purchase in a shop here? The currency on it is in dollars.

If not, is there any way possible?
#2BearpowersPosted 8/28/2012 9:40:16 PM
Many people outside of the US use the USA accoutns because stuff is much cheaper/larger selection

Just import US PSN cards and it's all good.
#3Superman80(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2012 9:41:08 PM
Just one more question, I have a Pal Vita system, will US PS One classics work on it or is there a region lock?
#4TheBuddsPosted 8/28/2012 9:47:41 PM
Superman80 posted...
Does anyone know how I can buy games from the US store, the UAE one is rubbish compared to the US store, especially the PS One Classics. We don't have Xenogears or Castlevania. I know that my credit card won't work, is it possible to use a PSN card which I purchase in a shop here? The currency on it is in dollars.

If not, is there any way possible?

Sadly, with the 1.80 update. You need to dedicate a memory card per account. So while you can, your going to need a seperate memory card.
---
TBC on the security matter regarding the PS3 " I see what you mean now. I have zilch experience in programming. "
#5Superman80(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2012 9:48:39 PM
Can I buy the code online? do you know of any store which is honest / reliable?

Thanks.
#6Superman80(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2012 9:50:12 PM
Hi Budd,

Yeah I read that yesterday, I don't have a problem buying a card specifically for the US store. My main concern is how to make purchases off the PSN store, and of course, will the US PS One games work on my Pal Vita?
#7Superman80(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2012 9:56:04 PM
I found this site, has anyone used it before?

http://www.pcgamesupply.com/buygames/sony-playstation-network-cards/

please let me know if it's reliable.
#8LuciferTerrorPosted 8/28/2012 10:03:23 PM
You do not need a second memory card if you intend to switch accounts; it's just more convenient if you have more than one, yes, but it is not necessary. All you have to do is to deactivate your current account, backup everything that is saved on your memory, and then format it along with your system to use another account.

To answer your question, TC, games from every region will work on your Vita regardless of the country you purchased them from. You can, however, access those games with the network account that was used to buy them only.

You should either use ebay or amazon to buy your PSN cards.
---
~Thank you for having the good sense to be frightened.
#9KentZManPosted 8/28/2012 10:34:12 PM
If you live in Dubai, you can probably pay for a person in America to download all the games on a new vita, fly to Dubai to drop it off, then fly back in less than 24 hours.
#10Ari86Posted 8/29/2012 4:13:06 AM
Superman80 posted...
I found this site, has anyone used it before?

http://www.pcgamesupply.com/buygames/sony-playstation-network-cards/

please let me know if it's reliable.

Yes I have used that site before, they are reliable & good, I used it to buy UK PSN card to buy some add-ons for a PS3 game.
---
http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/asop89.png