A few questions for those who have Unit 13

#1NJQuestCatPosted 8/29/2012 6:10:09 AM
i was originally going to get Crash Bandicoot and RE2 from PSN but since im in the states...they're not available so im really considering Unit 13.

a few questions:

1) is the game unbeatable if you dont get help thru co-op online??

2) is the online really fun?

3) are the different types of missions fun (e.g. stealth, etc.)

4) is the weapon variety good?

5) if it had a legit story mode, what would you rate the game out of 10?

thanks for answering questions in advance :)
#2MicroByterPosted 8/29/2012 6:54:51 AM
NJQuestCat posted...
i was originally going to get Crash Bandicoot and RE2 from PSN but since im in the states...they're not available so im really considering Unit 13.

a few questions:

1) is the game unbeatable if you dont get help thru co-op online??

5) if it had a legit story mode, what would you rate the game out of 10?

thanks for answering questions in advance :)

Truthfully, it's my most played game on the Vita. To answer your questions:

1) I wouldn't say unbeatable, but some of the missions are really difficult. TBH, even though I've played the game like crazy, I still haven't 5 starred all of the missions. However, there are so many missions and each of those has a dynamic mode that changes things up a bit as well.

2) I've never jumped online so cannot answer that, sorry.

3) Yes, there are straightforward missions, stealth, timed missions.

4) Pretty decent. Each character has their own "Specialty" armament ranging from heavy machine guns, shot guns, etc. Nothing like a RPG or anything like that though.

5) I would still give this game a 9. I think the game structure is good and actually benefits the genre since I can pick which ever mission I want depending on what I'm in the mood for. It's not like most FPS/TPS have good stories to begin with. At least with this, I can revisit missions to see if I can take it on differently or beat my score.
---
3DS FC 0903-2783-8206 | PSN jhaasl | GameCenter MicroByte
#3NJQuestCat(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2012 6:59:08 AM
yo thanks so much man. i really appreciate the info. i really want the game now!!!

i like the score/rating concept you highlighted. it sounds like it has good replayability especially since different characters play diffferently...

coooool..

thanks again!!!
#4youngskillzPosted 8/29/2012 6:59:32 AM
online is fun for a while....after some months it got old....

i still come back an play a few missions here an there online tho.
---
Melodic Death Bands of The Moment -- I Spit Ashes, Cipher System, Catch The Sun, Arise, Words Of Farewell, Dorgmooth, Sylosis, Disese Illusion.
#5Justice98405Posted 8/29/2012 7:05:51 AM
"1) is the game unbeatable if you dont get help thru co-op online??

5) if it had a legit story mode, what would you rate the game out of 10?"

1 - I haven't actually gone through all the missions, but I don't see why not. Co-op is certainly a big element to this game, but it looks like it's a full on single-player experience, from what I've played so far.

2 - Couldn't tell you. I had a HORRIBLE connection the one time I tried an online game. But I'm pretty sure I have a bad connection here at my place, so that could have had a lot to do with it.

3 - The variety is not big, but there's a few different types of missions, there's one where it's timed and you have to rush from checkpoint to checkpoint before the timer runs out. The HVT missions are big and tough ones where you take out something of a 'boss' type guy at the end. But mainly you are methodically going through the missions at your own pace with the character you pick.

4 - Not a ton of weapons, I think there's two weapons of each type and you unlock them by leveling up each character. That's where the real variety is, the 5 or so characters you pick from, one is stealth focused, one all about all out attack, etc. Each has different weapons to pick from I think (I haven't played my copy in a while) and the combination of mission types, doing them over and over to get the highest score possible AND different characters to use to try each mission, you've got a fair amount of options for a game of this type.

5 - It's a moot point, in my opinion, this game not having a story mode IS it's strength. You are elite military, you are taking out bad guys. That's IT. You don't need anymore than that. And as a game that's designed for smaller, bit-sized play sessions, it's PERFECT like this.

Overall, I'd give the game a 7 out of 10, but it's a really good 7. There's a few things here or there I think would have pushed the game to an 8 (melee kill animations, more weapons, more variety in missions and mission types, more maps/levels) but even with it's smaller issues, as I said, it's a VERY solid and fun game. I bought it day one and it was worth every penny. And it should be cheaper now I imagine.
---
To the mattresses.
PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#6MicroByterPosted 8/29/2012 7:06:13 AM
NJQuestCat posted...
yo thanks so much man. i really appreciate the info. i really want the game now!!!

i like the score/rating concept you highlighted. it sounds like it has good replayability especially since different characters play diffferently...

coooool..

thanks again!!!

No problem, I genuinely have been having fun with it ever since I played the demo. It get's frustrating on some missions, but there is a sense of accomplishment when you complete a tough mission with 5 stars.

One thing to note is that when you start a mission, it recommends which operative to use. You are free to choose any character you want to play with.
---
#7NJQuestCat(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2012 7:16:00 AM
microbyter..

btw, what other games do you have for the vita??
#8MicroByterPosted 8/29/2012 7:38:58 AM
NJQuestCat posted...
microbyter..

btw, what other games do you have for the vita??

Lol, pretty much all of the retail games except for the following:

Ninja Gaiden (I swear I'll get it one of these days!)
F1 2011
Ben 10 Galactic Racing
BlazBlue
Michael Jackson
Madden 13 - Probably get this one soon

Yeah, I've spent way too much on my Vita...
---
#9NJQuestCat(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2012 7:40:56 AM
lol...okay cool. just checkin to see if you only had the michael jackson experience, ben10,and unit 13 because then i wouldnt be as excited to get the game...hahaha
#10NJQuestCat(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2012 7:48:23 AM
another quick question for anyone who knows....

is it possible to voice chat while you play this game or any other game for that matter online???

if so...how???

thanks!