L2 and R2 for psone games?

#11NiMHPosted 8/29/2012 6:10:42 PM
Yeah the functionality of the L2, R2 Touch pad is very spotty. At one point I thought I had "cracked it" and thought using the length of your finger was the trick; only to find it was still glitchy.

Then I thought dragging your finger in the direction of the button (ie: drag from right to left activates L2 and vice-versa.) but again it was glitchy. So I'm not sure.

So basically the conclusion I've come to is SCEA is filled with lazy idiots.

I don't know. After a while now, I'm just beginning to think Sony might deserve it if the Vita fails. If this is what it is going to give it's patient, deserving fans, then why shouldn't they fail?

Maybe they think Obama will bail them out if things get to hairy.... I'm serious too. I wouldn't put it past this president OR this company.
---
PSN: ShamefulDust
#12CTU_007Posted 8/29/2012 7:41:13 PM
NiMH posted...
Yeah the functionality of the L2, R2 Touch pad is very spotty. At one point I thought I had "cracked it" and thought using the length of your finger was the trick; only to find it was still glitchy.

Then I thought dragging your finger in the direction of the button (ie: drag from right to left activates L2 and vice-versa.) but again it was glitchy. So I'm not sure.

So basically the conclusion I've come to is SCEA is filled with lazy idiots.

I don't know. After a while now, I'm just beginning to think Sony might deserve it if the Vita fails. If this is what it is going to give it's patient, deserving fans, then why shouldn't they fail?

Maybe they think Obama will bail them out if things get to hairy.... I'm serious too. I wouldn't put it past this president OR this company.

You need to press the top portion of the rear touch pad for L2/R2 to work.
#13NiMHPosted 8/29/2012 8:10:17 PM
Well they seem to be working decently enough if you do that. They are still glitchy though.

Thank you for the tip.
---
#14MidgardDragon99Posted 8/29/2012 8:16:13 PM
Top = L2/R2

Bottom = L3/R3

Middle = nothing

So you have to be sure to touch the top or bottom.
---
3DS FC: 4639-9048-2382, Wii FC: 4558-6862-5396-5206, PSN: MidgardDragon
DD Pawn: http://game.capcom.co.jp/DD/en/pawn_detail/?pf=PS3&gid=MidgardDragon
#15MidgardDragon99Posted 8/29/2012 8:17:16 PM
mrhappyguy12345 posted...
Nevermind, I guess there's a sweet spot for em. Not a fan a huge fan of this so far. These are trigger buttons designed to give tactile feedback, the touch pad doesn't do the job very well. Blah, guess I'm just hatin.

The PS1 dualshock was not trigger buttons. They were just normal button depresses. PlayStation consoles didn't get trigger for L2/R2 until the PS3.
---
3DS FC: 4639-9048-2382, Wii FC: 4558-6862-5396-5206, PSN: MidgardDragon
DD Pawn: http://game.capcom.co.jp/DD/en/pawn_detail/?pf=PS3&gid=MidgardDragon
#16NiMHPosted 8/29/2012 8:23:41 PM
Yeah I just realized you have to touch the top part very close to the center as well. To say the least I'm relieved to have this settled.

It's actually very consistent if you do it that way. I feel kind of silly, making such a big deal about it, but it would have been nice to have been shown this somewhere or something.
---
#17mrhappyguy12345(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2012 4:57:29 PM
MidgardDragon99 posted...
mrhappyguy12345 posted...
Nevermind, I guess there's a sweet spot for em. Not a fan a huge fan of this so far. These are trigger buttons designed to give tactile feedback, the touch pad doesn't do the job very well. Blah, guess I'm just hatin.

The PS1 dualshock was not trigger buttons. They were just normal button depresses. PlayStation consoles didn't get trigger for L2/R2 until the PS3.

Good sir I'm very much aware of this as I was born with an nes controler in hand. I've had literally every console since then(more sad than brag worthy i suppose). I guess my point was if I'm shooting a rocket or a machine gun, I need to feel the click of a button. I need that tactile feedback.
---
Playing:Sound Shapes(you should be playing it too)
Waiting: Little big planet vita
#18FKRW4LifePosted 8/30/2012 5:04:09 PM
Don't know if this works well for twisted metal but its great for medal of honor. Change r2 & l2 to l and r, and change l and r to d-pad down and dpad right. Pick analog mode on an you should be able to use the analog stick to move.
#19mrhappyguy12345(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2012 6:47:21 AM
FKRW4Life posted...
Don't know if this works well for twisted metal but its great for medal of honor. Change r2 & l2 to l and r, and change l and r to d-pad down and dpad right. Pick analog mode on an you should be able to use the analog stick to move.

Sadly, analog mode doesn't work with tm.
---
Playing:Sound Shapes(you should be playing it too)
Waiting: Little big planet vita
#20triple_leiPosted 8/31/2012 6:51:51 AM
Mighty annoying trying to play Mega Man 4 on the Vita. I try to hold the Vita at least semi-comfortably and now I'm using Rush.