Where is the 3rd party support?

#1leonboutasPosted 9/6/2012 1:43:09 AM
First of all this is not a troll topic.Lets keep this thread up with a good conversation.
So we all know that one month ago in Germany(Gamescom)Sony announced some cool Vita games like Killzone and Tearaway.Sony has also released on Vita some good games like Uncharted and Hot Shots.

But i find the lack of 3rd party games disturbing.Vita had a good launch lineup with some 3rd party support but after that.....nothing.I cant recall the last time that a 3rd party developer announced something for Vita.

And it is not only in EU or USA but even on Japan.Famitsu every week has a new scoop about 3DS games that are coming but when it comes to Vita there isn't even a single announcment.

Lets not forget that since May,Sony was promising a new Vita Game Heaven but we are already in September.The event was clearly canceled because there arent new games to announce.If we combine this with the recent rumours that many developers are canceling their Vita games in favour of 3DS then Sony is in a very bad situation.
#2SolnotPosted 9/6/2012 1:47:20 AM
Sony should just go back to working with Nintendo on their handheld systems. Together, they can both dominate the market.
#3ImGanondorfLolPosted 9/6/2012 2:13:29 AM
Solnot posted...
Sony should just go back to working with Nintendo on their handheld systems. Together, they can both dominate the market.

As long as there's competition to give us consumers what we want.
#4MidgardDragon99Posted 9/6/2012 2:33:40 AM
Zen Studios just released their sequel to their well beloved series. Persona 4 Golden (Atlus) is coming out in November. Assassin's Creed Liberation (Ubisoft) is coming out in October. Jet Set Radio (Sega) should be out in October for Vita as well.

Sony did most of their major Vita announcing at Gamescom, so no real need for a Game Heaven any time soon.
---
3DS FC: 4639-9048-2382, Wii FC: 4558-6862-5396-5206, PSN: MidgardDragon
DD Pawn: http://game.capcom.co.jp/DD/en/pawn_detail/?pf=PS3&gid=MidgardDragon
#5Sami1000Posted 9/6/2012 2:36:50 AM
I think that many publishers/devs are holding back to see how vita is turning out. If Persona 4 golden. assassins creed 3 liberation, little kings story, warriors lair/ruin, tearaway and others coming next 6 months will show how profitable Vita will be.
#6monkeyspoonPosted 9/6/2012 3:11:37 AM
Assassins creed, need for speed and call of duty are all massive 3rd party franchises that arrive in the next couple of months. None of these franchises will appear on 3DS. 3rd party support looks good.
---
Vita>3DS. Gamefaqs have confirmed they don't ban trolls anymore. PSN & XBL ID: monkeyspoon,3DS friend code: 2621-2595-4009. 3DS fanboys are the worst.
#7leonboutas(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2012 3:42:49 AM
Guys guys all the games you are refering are ports and spin offs from the main console games.

I can already play Need for Speed on my PC,PS3 and X360.
Call Of Duty Vita?The game is already burned to death but i will see the final product to decide.
Assassins Creed 3 Liberation.Seems cool but coming on the same day as Assassins Creed 3 i think i will pass....
Persona 4 is a PS2 game with extra content.....I've beaten the game like 4 times already on my PS2.
Little King Story is a nice game but sadly it will sell poorly.

Tearaway is a good example the developers should take.It is exclusive to Vita,using the system capibilities,developed by a good publisher and seems promising.This kind of games will sell Vita's.But the should be marketed properly.We all know that Sony is having HUGE problems with marketing games,consoles......everything.
#8hajile12Posted 9/6/2012 5:01:18 AM
AC3:L
Ragnarok Odyssey
Ogarhythmn
NFS MW
New Little Kings Story
Call Of Duty
Bioshock

Orc Attack
JetSet Radio
Dokuro
Guacamelee

Dragons Crown
Street Fighter x Tekken
SUper Monkey Ball
Y's
KickBeat
Phantatsy Star online 2
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
---
Somtimes i go to dog parks even though i dont have a dog. I bring a leash though and i wear a very shifty look. =I
#9hajile12Posted 9/6/2012 5:05:23 AM
leonboutas posted...
Guys guys all the games you are refering are ports and spin offs from the main console games.

Call Of Duty Vita?The game is already burned to death but i will see the final product to decide.
Assassins Creed 3 Liberation.Seems cool but coming on the same day as Assassins Creed 3 i think i will pass....
Persona 4 is a PS2 game with extra content.....I've beaten the game like 4 times already on my PS2.

Tearaway is a good example the developers should take.It is exclusive to Vita,using the system capibilities,developed by a good publisher and seems promising.This kind of games will sell Vita's.But the should be marketed properly.We all know that Sony is having HUGE problems with marketing games,consoles......everything.

Not everyone has a console. And some people have consoles but would prefer to get the game cheaper and in a portable fashion.

Furthermore , just bc the game is a port or spinoff, does not mean that it has no appeal. All those games are welcome to the vitas library.
---
Somtimes i go to dog parks even though i dont have a dog. I bring a leash though and i wear a very shifty look. =I
#10leonboutas(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2012 5:57:24 AM
hajile12 posted...
leonboutas posted...

Not everyone has a console. And some people have consoles but would prefer to get the game cheaper and in a portable fashion.

Furthermore , just bc the game is a port or spinoff, does not mean that it has no appeal. All those games are welcome to the vitas library.

Of course and those games are welcome to the vita library.But those games will not sell Vitas.We all know that.Vita need some exclsives games from franchises like Final Fantasy,Gran Turismo,Resident Evil,Kingdom Hearts,Monster Hunter,Dragon Ques.

The games you posted before could have a chance to sell good if Sony was makreting them properly.But Sony cant even market the Vita properly let alone the games....