The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

What's it going to take to get vita to start selling like the 3ds?(honestly)

#1birdfartomatoPosted 9/30/2012 3:48:17 AM
The impossible at this point, a Monster Hunter? Nope as you seen when they took dragon quest from the ps2 it stuck with the DS the whole run. So now I can see them putting all their time into the wii U and 3DS.

This is what I think, but I know it want happen: MGS Exclusive, COD game made by activision, a God of War within 1 year 1/2 from now(no one will care after that point), Resident Evil Console like game not a arcade spin-off. WWE Smackdown 13, has lots of replayability!! but nope
---
"life on the edge, i'm dangling my feet I tried to pay attention but attention paid me, haters cant see me" Vita needs Gran tursimo SOON!!!
#2Spetsnaz420Posted 9/30/2012 3:53:29 AM
Why does it have to sell as well as the 3DS?
Does Ferrari sell as much as Honda?

Vita isn't going to be abandoned by Sony any time soon, even a rudimentary understanding of business would tell most people that. Sony will stand behind their product even at a loss for a very long time before giving up on it, which really is the only side of the Vitas sales that we should care about.
---
If you igla when you should have RPG'ed, you're gonna have a bad time
PSN: Spetsnaz420
#3moogle69Posted 9/30/2012 3:53:30 AM
an MGS exclusive won't save the vita, look at the psp for example, infact none of those games you mentioned will save the vita at all.

RPG RPGS RPGS RPGS RPGS DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if that happens, japan will atleast save it.
---
3DS FC 5370 - 0690 - 8871
PSN coming soon
#4kyncaniPosted 9/30/2012 4:09:09 AM
Lower prices, that's with the console _and_ the memory card.
And games targeting a younger audience.
#5LemonMeowPosted 9/30/2012 4:12:22 AM
I doubt the Vita will ever match up the 3DS in sales, but...

The Vita could do with a price drop in time for Christmas. It'd help a lot with sales.

Though, I'm not sure if that'll actually do more damage to Sony themselves, considering they're losing money on the Vita as it is, and are in a ton of debt.

The Vita just needs its own identity with exclusives that you won't be able to find anywhere else. I've seen a lot of Vita games also available on PS3, and honestly, that just hurts the system more than anything else as it seems like the device for inferior console ports.

I feel like handheld gaming is so popular because of how niche and experimental the games can be, take a look at Ghost Trick or Ace Attorney for example. Those games work so well with the DS, and its just one of the many, many reasons to get the system.
---
Signature Lemon! I'm a small evergreen tree~
P.S. No being a fish!
#6PlomiconPosted 9/30/2012 4:50:58 AM
Nintendo likes power and they have it force of way. Vita needs to get FF X launched and maybe a Lumines or Gravity rush sequel. They can't actually expect to match Nintendo in any case. If they snuff and bore like nintedont blast processing they'll get the charls in there heads and wind up drown in a ditch after the same bottle of booze like sega. One on the run cant spire flight like a hey its crap give us all it and then *goes away*
---
nemosqish psn
nemosqish xbox live
#7cheapchipPosted 9/30/2012 5:45:51 AM
LemonMeow posted...
The Vita just needs its own identity with exclusives that you won't be able to find anywhere else.

^This

LemonMeow posted...
I feel like handheld gaming is so popular because of how niche and experimental the games can be...

^And this too
---
FC in profile
MM shiny: Stunky, Shelmet
#8Dking50Posted 9/30/2012 5:55:38 AM
let see where to start

1.price drop

2.huge price drop on memory cards

3.games

4.better games

5.3rd party support

6.1st party support

7.for Sony to stop acting like they dont know what a vita is

8.not haveing to re buy your psp games.

i dont think it will be selling like the 3ds anytime soon. mostly because Sony is not trying. i
---
KAMMY KOOPA for Super Smash Bros 4!
#9Tzuba12Posted 9/30/2012 6:04:10 AM
Plomicon posted...
Nintendo likes power and they have it force of way. Vita needs to get FF X launched and maybe a Lumines or Gravity rush sequel. They can't actually expect to match Nintendo in any case. If they snuff and bore like nintedont blast processing they'll get the charls in there heads and wind up drown in a ditch after the same bottle of booze like sega. One on the run cant spire flight like a hey its crap give us all it and then *goes away*

I... I'm sorry, you lost me at "snuff". I don't understand anything you're saying after that.
---
Go here and pay me for stuff! http://fiverr.com/tzuba
an atheist scowling at a cheat code. he growls. "....GOD MODE?!"
#10FayeLadyPosted 9/30/2012 6:16:41 AM
Dking50 pretty much nailed it.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.