I don't see what we're worried about... The system is still in its first year.

#101felipin24Posted 10/3/2012 12:34:32 PM(edited)
You see? We can all get along if we try :)

On a side note, there is not objective defense to the objective fact that the VITA is objectively faliling right now.

EDIT

Failing*
---
3ds FC 3823-8642-5293
#102DemonDog666Posted 10/3/2012 12:38:26 PM
felipin24 posted...

On a side note, there is not objective defense to the objective fact that the VITA is objectively faliling right now.

EDIT

Failing*

Yeah there is, it's making an operation profit. How can something making a profit be failing?
#103nariusseldonPosted 10/3/2012 12:42:19 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
felipin24 posted...

EDIT

Failing*

Yeah there is, it's making an operation profit. How can something making a profit be failing?

Hmm .. sony lost money on its gaming decision in the last quarterly report. Do you have evidence that the loss is not related to the vita?

Secondly, something that makes a profit can fail because of low ROI. If vita only makes $1 for Sony, don't you think it is a HUGE waste of investment? And they can do better by putting money in the bank?
#104DemonDog666Posted 10/3/2012 1:18:11 PM
nariusseldon posted...
Hmm .. sony lost money on its gaming decision in the last quarterly report. Do you have evidence that the loss is not related to the vita?

Secondly, something that makes a profit can fail because of low ROI. If vita only makes $1 for Sony, don't you think it is a HUGE waste of investment? And they can do better by putting money in the bank?

"Sales decreased 14.5% year-on-year (a 10% decrease on a constant currency basis) to 118.0 billion yen (1,493
million U.S. dollars). This decrease was primarily due to lower sales of hardware and software of the PSP® (PlayStation Portable) and PlayStation®3, partially offset by the contribution of the PlayStation®Vita introduced
from December 2011."

http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/financial/fr/12q1_sony.pdf

In their fiscal report they state the vita partially offset the loss.

Considering Sony's shape, nothing that makes a profit is a failure, not when they are losing as much as they are in other divisions.
#105Ambassador_KongPosted 10/3/2012 2:04:57 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
nariusseldon posted...

"Sales decreased 14.5% year-on-year (a 10% decrease on a constant currency basis) to 118.0 billion yen (1,493
million U.S. dollars). This decrease was primarily due to lower sales of hardware and software of the PSP® (PlayStation Portable) and PlayStation®3, partially offset by the contribution of the PlayStation®Vita introduced
from December 2011."

Considering Sony's shape, nothing that makes a profit is a failure, not when they are losing as much as they are in other divisions.

I don't think they're saying what you think they're saying.
---
First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. by Mahatma Gandhi.
#106nariusseldonPosted 10/3/2012 2:07:18 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
nariusseldon posted...

from December 2011."

Hmm ... you need to read carefully.

They state the vita partially offset the "sale decrease", not the loss.
#107KirbyIsAwesomePosted 10/3/2012 2:17:12 PM
We're worried that our $350+ system is going to become nothing more than an expensive paperweight. Sony is in a terrible financial position and the Vita is selling at a slower rate than the Dreamcast.

We're worried because we want the system to succeed, and at this rate, I don't think it will.
---
DemonDog posts in a topic after I post. Response? "QUIT STALKING ME"
The Official GameFAQs Wii U Board President/Supreme Overlord
#108DemonDog666Posted 10/3/2012 2:24:44 PM
nariusseldon posted...
Hmm ... you need to read carefully.

They state the vita partially offset the "sale decrease", not the loss.

And they blame the sales decrease for the loss.
#109DemonDog666Posted 10/3/2012 2:28:58 PM
KirbyIsAwesome posted...
We're worried that our $350+ system is going to become nothing more than an expensive paperweight. Sony is in a terrible financial position and the Vita is selling at a slower rate than the Dreamcast.

We're worried because we want the system to succeed, and at this rate, I don't think it will.

You're that worried about wiiU?

Also wrong board.
#110KirbyIsAwesomePosted 10/3/2012 3:00:27 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
KirbyIsAwesome posted...

You're that worried about wiiU?

Also wrong board.

Lmao. Dat deflection. Can't read or desperate fanboy? You pick. Why so insecure?
---
DemonDog posts in a topic after I post. Response? "QUIT STALKING ME"
The Official GameFAQs Wii U Board President/Supreme Overlord