Two new releases and Vita is still flopping?

#41nariusseldon(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 1:10:36 PM
Suichimo posted...
ManjiMidou posted...
DaMonsterZer0 posted...
The Vita is an inept console, there is no reason to assume it'll sell well. Meanwhile, the 3ds got a 20k increase in sales and it's major release was a puzzle game. Sony should take notes, and bow out gracefully.

If the MS didn't bow out gracefully in Japan with the 360 , l see no reason as to why Sony should do so with the vita.

The difference being that where Microsoft has crappy/non-existent sales in Japan but strong sales in US/Europe, Sony has crappy sales everywhere. They're currently only doing around 40-50k a month in Japan and another 40-50k a month in US, not sure what they're doing in Europe.

raymanfan1 posted...
Isn't NGP just the codename for Vita?

That would be the Neo Geo Portable actually.

If you believe VGCHARTZ. Europe is roughly the same as North America. So another 40-50k a month?
#42SuichimoPosted 10/3/2012 1:33:55 PM
I place absolutely no faith in VGCHARTZ' numbers. They're guesses that are adjusted later once the real figures come out.
---
Aries- The look on your face will be priceless when you find that forty pound watermelon in you colon. -Weird Al
#43Starwars4JPosted 10/3/2012 1:41:10 PM
gray_fox_00 posted...
It's not selling well, but it's consistently at that rate and spikes a little when new games come out. To me that just screams that the Vita can be saved, but it's a matter of getting dev's on board to keep those spikes consistent.

Right now it just lacks dedicated software support and I think we'll see soon enough if that's because it's new or because devs don't want to touch it. We'll just have to wait and see what Sony does.

I am going to say that humans do the same thing in the hospital...when they are going to die. They tend to have small spikes of activity, better vital signs...the families will try to find hope in this and think their loved one will get better and come home...but then things crash right back down. This can happen for weeks before the personal finally dies. I've seen this myself several times at my job, the correlation didn't spring to mind until you talked about spikes of activity meaning it could be saved.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#44Megaman OmegaPosted 10/3/2012 1:41:25 PM
VGChartz is fair enough if there are no better numbers. They're just estimates, but most of the time, they're good enough. It's not like their numbers are off by a factor 10 or something. Sure, if there are NPD or MC numbers i'll take these over VGChartz, but for a lot of stuff, there's just VGChartz and nothing else.
---
The Japanese don't celebrate Christmas. - Sailor Goon
6 + 4 = 11 - Sailor Goon
#45nariusseldon(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 1:57:17 PM
Megaman Omega posted...
VGChartz is fair enough if there are no better numbers. They're just estimates, but most of the time, they're good enough. It's not like their numbers are off by a factor 10 or something. Sure, if there are NPD or MC numbers i'll take these over VGChartz, but for a lot of stuff, there's just VGChartz and nothing else.

Even if they are off by 100%, vita would be selling only 100k in Europe a month, and that makes 200k world wide .. still pretty horrible.
#46Sho_Minamimoto_Posted 10/3/2012 2:08:40 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#47FayeLadyPosted 10/3/2012 2:11:33 PM
nariusseldon posted...
Megaman Omega posted...

Even if they are off by 100%, vita would be selling only 100k in Europe a month, and that makes 200k world wide .. still pretty horrible.

At least at that point we would be entering 3DS circa pre price drop.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#48nariusseldon(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 2:30:04 PM
FayeLady posted...
nariusseldon posted...
Megaman Omega posted...

Which succinctly shows why a price drop is important for the vita.
#49confettistormPosted 10/3/2012 2:50:55 PM
No!
#50FayeLadyPosted 10/3/2012 2:51:53 PM
nariusseldon posted...
FayeLady posted...
nariusseldon posted...
Megaman Omega posted...

Which succinctly shows why a price drop is important for the vita.

You're preaching to the choir.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.