Nihilistic explains why no zombie mode in Call of Duty Declassified

#21GardianBouPosted 10/5/2012 11:57:44 AM
Megaman Omega posted...
Let me be the one to say it.

*ahem*

Zombie Mode doesn't matter!

For me Zombie mode would have been the only reason i would have bought the game. I would have bought it day 1 if it had zombie mode. 4v4 mp has 0 appeal to me when Im used to 32v32 on the pc and the campaign I might play through twice which isnt worth my $50.

Zombie mode would keep me coming back for more. Istill play CODWAW a lot bc of zombie mode.

Most peopleare complaining because complaining about he vita is the cool thing to do. But for me this is really a genuine dealbreaker.
---
Laptop: Alienware M17x | i7 920xm @ 3.6ghz | 12gb DDR3 1333mhz | CrossfireX 6990m 2gb @ 845mhz | 17" 1920 by 1200 | 2x 500GB HDD + OCZ Agility 3 120gb |
#22mike_411Posted 10/5/2012 12:02:40 PM
Renovyn posted...
Well Sony does need to do a better job marketing their system and assuring developers. But eventually, some more big name developer is going to have to bite the bullet, take a risk, and put some more heavy hitting games out or the system will stay a self-fulfilling prophecy of No games > No system sales > No dev support > No games.

Looks like Activision isn't willing to risk being one of those early risk takers.

I agree wholeheartedly. There needs to be some big companies that go balls out with this device, take the risks and drum up interest for the device. If one dev pulls a Monster Hunter, you can bet other devs will quickly follow suit.

Unfortunately, times have changed and most companies just can't afford to make the big gambles anymore.

It's a sad state of affairs and gamers are the ones who really wind up losing. :(
---
"Peace is trolling!" Mentality of Gamefaqs mods
-Blazblue Chrono Phantasma! :D
#23rjthebarbarianPosted 10/5/2012 12:40:05 PM
Megaman Omega posted...

*ahem*

agreed, for me a zombie "mode" doesn't matter. i dont play COD games so i guess my opinion is moot, but i do enjoy RE/DeadSpace/survival horror games and i would play those before any mode
#24vectorman5Posted 10/5/2012 12:49:56 PM
I wonder how many people are going to skip on it now that its zombie free.

DS black ops had a zombie mode, unpolished as it was.

Activision put the manpower into making two iOS zombies that they don't mind selling for a dollar on sales.

What makes the idea of a zombies mode on Vita so unappealing to them?
---
If the Sega Master System was a speed bump to the NES, the Atari 7800 was a tire-staining squirrel.
#25jjg737Posted 10/5/2012 1:05:28 PM
Megaman Omega posted...

*ahem*

Zombie mode is my favorite part of the COD: BO games, that being said you are correct. It's a military based game, zombie mode is nothing but an extra.
#26CaliaztecPosted 10/5/2012 1:07:06 PM
mike_411 posted...
Renovyn posted...
Well Sony does need to do a better job marketing their system and assuring developers. But eventually, some more big name developer is going to have to bite the bullet, take a risk, and put some more heavy hitting games out or the system will stay a self-fulfilling prophecy of No games > No system sales > No dev support > No games.

Looks like Activision isn't willing to risk being one of those early risk takers.

I agree wholeheartedly. There needs to be some big companies that go balls out with this device, take the risks and drum up interest for the device. If one dev pulls a Monster Hunter, you can bet other devs will quickly follow suit.

Unfortunately, times have changed and most companies just can't afford to make the big gambles anymore.

It's a sad state of affairs and gamers are the ones who really wind up losing. :(

Be sure to support Criterion who is developing the Vita version of Need for Speed in home right alongside the console versions to make it as genuine to the console version as can be. The head
producer even commented on devs and publishers outsourcing games saying they saw the Vita as worth putting effort into.
---
"Yah, I was right again like I always did, but that's not the point." -XFactor on Sony "Removing" memory card from bundle.
PSN: Caliaztec
#27StrikeNinja24Posted 10/5/2012 1:50:09 PM
mike_411 posted...
Renovyn posted...
mike_411 posted...
StrikeNinja24 posted...
So is anyone kepping a list of Sony's boneheaded moves? It feels like it gets bigger everyday.

I blame activision more than I do Sony. It's clear they wanted no part in making a Vita version at all. Thanks Activision.

They don't owe the Vita or Sony any favors. They didn't want to put the resources into a vita COD because they believe they would get a better return deploying it elsewhere.

Well then why the hate for Sony? Without them taking it into their own hands we wouldn't have had ANY CoD on Vita.

I still blame Activision bro.

Because there's no reason for Sony to be in that tweet regardless. This is Sony's payroll, and chances are that there's a fee attached to everything related to this IP.

First, it was in early production in August. http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/10/03/qa-new-details-for-call-of-duty-black-ops-declassified/

It smells like a rush job.

Let's not forget that Activision basically said they are just the publishers themselves.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/367091/treyarch-not-consulting-on-black-ops-declassified-gameplay/

Sony is the one who gave the title to be developed by Nihilistic in the first place.

Is Activision to blame also? Sure, but I'm sure they are half assing this because they weren't interested in the first place. Sony got them into this, and then kind of just gave up on actually making this a quality title.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#28drakor180Posted 10/5/2012 2:30:23 PM
That was the only reason I was halfway considering getting this game was for zombies, as soon as I heard they weren't in the game I cancelled my preorder.
---
IX>IV>VII>VI>III>I>X>V>VIII>XII>XIII>II
FFXI and FFXIV can die in a fire.
#29enkeixpress_Posted 10/5/2012 2:44:52 PM
They've suggested the idea to their superiors.. so we'll just have to wait.. maybe the mode will be added in a future DLC.
---
*holds arms out* I have spoken.
#30joeman6Posted 10/5/2012 5:15:50 PM
This CoD will never be as bad as the DS ones. They seriously are horrible.
---
PSN: pluto-3_ XBL Gamertag: NinjaOtacon
http://backloggery.com/joeman6