If I may take a diplomatic approach.

#1SuperrpgmanPosted 10/5/2012 5:09:37 PM
I tried this kind of thing on the RE6 PS3 and XBOX360 board, and I've gotten some really good feedback from the boards, and am able to see it from a fans point of view now, and can kind of appreciate the game a bit because of it.

If you're willing to be open minded like I'm trying be here, I'd like to merely understand something about this game. Specifically, its appeal.

I'd like to hear the thoughts of someone who loves this system.

Again, I'm trying to take this from a diplomatic approach. Here's what I want to attempt here.

I'd like to to ask anyone who truly enjoys the Vita to please, respond to this topic answering some real basic questions. I ask that you please focus on your own personal answers, and not attack others.

Keep in mind, this topic is about learning why people enjoy the Vita. If you have a Vita and hate it, your answers will be a bit irrelevant to this topic.

1. Barring remakes or ports, what are three system exclusive games that you just plain love on this system, and what do you love about them? Be as detailed as you desire.

2. What upcoming games that have an official release date of before December 2013 are you looking forward to, and what makes them seem so interesting? Again, name as many as you wish, and be as detailed as you desire.

3. Would you consider the overall quality of the the system as a whole to be good, great, or excellent?

Thank you for your time. Again please, be civil, and please, don't personally attack anyone who responds here.
---
Project Beat a Game a Day, along with my Daily NES Archive:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/563947-a-view-to-a-kill
#2Superrpgman(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 5:36:42 PM
bump
---
Project Beat a Game a Day, along with my Daily NES Archive:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/563947-a-view-to-a-kill
#3EmptyTomePosted 10/5/2012 5:40:51 PM
1. Only gravity rush. It's way better than I thought it would be.

2. Persona 4 golden, eventhough it's a port. The game is good, regardless Of the system you play it.

3. So far I like it, but I don't love it. Maybe that will change as more games are available.
---
"Are you sad?" "yeah" "Wanna scream?"
-Best RPG line ever.
#4TheExiled280Posted 10/5/2012 5:46:28 PM
1. Gravity Rush & Uncharted GA

2. Assassins Creed Liberation

3. Fairly good
---
PSN: TheExiled12894 // A Proud Owner of a PlayStation Vita
Assassins Creed 3 Liberation Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6W2A3LL14o
#5TinyTim123Posted 10/5/2012 7:02:37 PM
1. I only have Mortal Kombat and Dynasty Warriors Next, both could well be considered ports of some sort. I did not own an XBox360 when I bought them , and did own a Vita, though. I haven't had the time to play the demos of Gravity Rush or Uncharted, but I did buy a Vita to play some of the better franchises I missed out on for not owning a PS3. Neither seems like the kind of game I would play for abundantly long hours or come back to once I have beaten it, but one never knows. Plus I can give the games to my brother when I think I am done with them.
Honestly though, as of right now, there isn't a whole lot I think I must own that I will enjoy over and over and over, which is why I bought Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max, Legend of Mana, and Resident Evil 2 yet again on PSN. I know that I like all of those games quite a lot and come back to them often. Same for Dynasty Warriors Next, though it was my launch game, I can go back and just play a few random levels slaughtering hundreds. It's fun for me, and I like it.

2. Ragnarok Odyssey and Street Fighter X Tekken (yes, I know, another port). RO just seems like it would be something I would love to play and grind away at so that I can play solo. SFxTekken, even though I own a 360 again, and my brother owns the game on his 360, I still don't own a TV (I have my 360 hooked up at my brother's house, we play Borderlands 2 together on different TVs).
Ragnarok will get my ARPG craving covered for awhile (hopefully MUCH longer than Heroes of Ruin on the 3DS) and SFxTekken is because I really really want for there to be a Tekken game on the Vita (Tekken Tag 2 PLEASE!). I like tTreet Fighter quite a lot, and bought Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max from the PSP again in digital format just to have the ability to play on the Vita. Also, as my brother got a Vita recently, we share PSN accounts, and can play together on Ad Hoc party (but not online at the same time).

3. Fairly good
I know some people have said it feels cheap, but the only thing that really bothers me is the freakin' touch screen is impossible to keep clean. Touch is mandatory, and so fingerprints are ALWAYS on the screen, and I hate it so much. I know the 1.80 update made it so that touch is option on MANY of the main system screens, but one still has to swipe away the stupid whatever screen to wake it up or even start it. Finger prints! I have a screen protector, so my screen is pristine, but gosh darn FINGER PRINTS and SMEARS!

I don't have those on my 3DS, it has a stylus, and touch is almost never mandatory. I have a stylus for my Vita as well as capacitive gloves, but it is freakin' the end of summer here in this weird place i live, so gloves suck, and the stylus is constantly being misplaced or just plain lost since it is not built into the Vita.

Also, I have never had a touch smart phone (have had a Blackberry in the past, though) so none of the touch controls seem intuitive to me. I am clearly not alone in this, becuase i have let others play and they have asked how to even get it to work, before the 1.80 update.

The screen on the other hand, oh man... if you can get past the fingery prints and smears, it is ever so nice! The controls respond well in games like Mortal Kombat (slightly less so in SF Alpha 3 Max, but I think that's more of how the game was programmed on PSP than a failing on the part of the Vita).

TC, I hope you wanted an essay, 'cause here you go. These are the things I like and dislike about MY Vita experience.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#6MickleohbPosted 10/5/2012 7:13:09 PM
TinyTim123 posted...
3. Fairly good
I know some people have said it feels cheap, but the only thing that really bothers me is the freakin' touch screen is impossible to keep clean.

Out of curiosity, do you have a screen protector? I put one on my Vita and I rarely notice any smudges and I just finished playing LBP Vita which was had quite a bit of touching.
---
"I've got half a mind to kill you...and the other half agrees" Church from RvB
PSN:Mickleohb GT:MickleohbLite
#7TinyTim123Posted 10/5/2012 7:20:41 PM(edited)
Mickleohb posted...
TinyTim123 posted...
3. Fairly good
I know some people have said it feels cheap, but the only thing that really bothers me is the freakin' touch screen is impossible to keep clean.

Out of curiosity, do you have a screen protector? I put one on my Vita and I rarely notice any smudges and I just finished playing LBP Vita which was had quite a bit of touching.

I do, but it's the standard Sony one sold at Walmart. I probably should have bought one on Amazon and got the Hori one. =\
I did mention the Screen protector, but in the wall of text it is quite easy to miss.
It's just that the smudges and finger prints REALLY REALLY bother me when trying to play. On the 3DS, the top screen is where most of the action takes place, so even if I manage to get finger prints, my attention is elsewhere.
I go so far as, when playing Resident Evil 2, or any non touch requiring game, to use LCD wipes or Windex for Electronics once the game is launched. I just hate it so!
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#8demoneyeslaharlPosted 10/5/2012 7:29:13 PM
1. Gravity Rush is my favorite game. Others are Unit 13, Uncharted, and Shinobido 2. Currently playing New Little King's Story.

2. Assasin's Creed, as I've been an AC fan, and it'd be interesting playing a female main character. I'm also looking forward to Persona 4 Golden (loved the first one, and now I can bring it around!), Rangarok Odyssey (finally, a game my friend and I can team up!), and Virtue's Last Reward (a visual novel! Novelty game for me).

3. Great. Library is limited, but that changes in time (hopefully. With all the bad news going around, it seems we're supposed to expect no games are coming out anymore). The PSP and PSone downloads make it a good system already, but with the upcoming games, solid hardware that made me love it more than the PSP, I'm giving it a 9/10.
#9somebody336Posted 10/5/2012 7:35:54 PM
1 Mortal Kombat, Little Big Planet and those are all the Vita games that I own that I actually like lol

2 Tekken Vs Street Fighter and CoD maybe

3 Good enough for me lol
#10WooTz_samaPosted 10/6/2012 12:42:45 AM(edited)
1. Barring remakes or ports, what are three system exclusive games that you just plain love on this system, and what do you love about them? Be as detailed as you desire.

I'll give you four games since I'm feeling generous:

1. Gravity Rush

- Never played anything like it before, I really enjoyed jumping off tall buildings and randomly exploring the world by shifting gravity, it just never gets old.

2.Ragnarok Odyssey

- As a big fan of Ragnarok Online, this game is alot like MH or Phantasy Star Portable 2 mixed with Ragnarok Online references. The multiplayer is fantastic with veterans helping other newbies to complete tough quests together and farming rare cards and weapons.

3.Hatsune Miku Project Diva f

- A huge leap from the PSP Project Diva games, the graphics are comparable with what we see on the PS3 today, showcasing what the Vita can really do. User made edit songs can easily be downloaded from PSN provided you can find the matching MP3 for it, giving more playtime and variety over the built in 32 songs, which are all fantastic.

4. LBP Vita

- Easily the best LBP yet, with the touch screen and rear touch pad serves as an additional control option for levels and creator mode, levels can be created better and quicker enabling creators to start working on ambitious and time consuming projects such as an RPG or a visual novel.

Levels are constantly getting published in the community, giving players infinite replayability. All at no extra charge, except with future costumes and DLC packs of course.

2. What upcoming games that have an official release date of before December 2013 are you looking forward to, and what makes them seem so interesting? Again, name as many as you wish, and be as detailed as you desire.

Killzone Mercenary

- Being developed by Guerilla Games, enough said. I loved Killzone 3 so this is a no brainer.

Soul Sacrifice

- The art style is seriously awesome, and the concept of sacrificing others is very interesting. Definitely worth a try.

Tearaway

- Being developed by Media Molecule, the ones who created LittleBigPlanet. Looking forward to more gameplay details.

3. Would you consider the overall quality of the the system as a whole to be good, great, or excellent?

- Other than the start and select buttons, it's a fantastic system.
---
SG PSN: WooTzZ_sama | US PSN: FUS-RO-DAAH | JP PSN: WooTzZ-vita | MY PSN: WooTzZ-san