Are you confident that the Vita will peform better than the PSP did?

#1birdfartomatoPosted 10/6/2012 5:03:17 AM
Ok no more competing with the DS line since we all know it ain't happening in this mix crowd of gamers.

So do you think the vita will deliver BETTER games than the psp had? Kind of a bold statement when the psp had the MGS, Grand Turismos, GTA, all sports games, Racers, fighters, EVERY big name studio at one point developed a game for the PSP(even Naughty Dog). I know it's kind of early in the vita life but judging by all the press Vita gets I'm not looking to see any Konami/Naughty Dog games on the vita within the next 3 years.

So will it easily overshadow the psp game library or this is like the PS3 trying to beat the PS2's library of games?
---
"life on the edge, i'm dangling my feet I tried to pay attention but attention paid me, haters cant see me" Vita needs Gran tursimo SOON!!!
#2angmodurianPosted 10/6/2012 5:13:38 AM
I am pretty confident that it will overtake the PSP.

My Forecasted cycle:

The aftermath of Sony Vita's price cut in 2013 (i predict June) will lead to increase in sales after a few months. The rising sales result in more developers jumping ship. The holiday season in 2013 will see the Vita picks up steam and closing the sales gap with PSP. By the year 2014 more games developed in 2013 will be ready to roll out and Vita will start overtaking the PSP in all aspect. Hence i regard the year 2014 shall be the definitive year.

On the other hand, you should watch out for Soul Sacrifice. That game might turn out to be big in March and could be a potential massive system sellers for Vita.
#3DragonyeuwPosted 10/6/2012 5:22:17 AM
I seriously doubt Soul Sacrifice would be a system seller. Its not the kind of game thats going to have enough mass appeal.
---
Current systems owned: PS3 slim,xbox 360 Gears model, Wii, PS2, Gamecube,Dreamcast, SNES, PS Vita, Red 3Ds, PSP3000, PSPGo,
#4angmodurianPosted 10/6/2012 5:26:20 AM
Dragonyeuw posted...
I seriously doubt Soul Sacrifice would be a system seller. Its not the kind of game thats going to have enough mass appeal.

Have you watched the trailer? I believe it has a massive potential to be something alternative to Monster Hunter.

If not, you may watch this trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9i_mIh24Ug
#5DiligentTreePosted 10/6/2012 5:30:28 AM
If the Vita ever manages to survive, I can't really imagine it overtaking the PSP library wise, and sales wise is also a huge no.

But then again, not even the PSP had such a library of the godly PS2 or even PS1. : P
---
This user is not offered for sale under any circumstances. No exceptions.
#6StrikeNinja24Posted 10/6/2012 5:33:14 AM
angmodurian posted...
Dragonyeuw posted...

Have you watched the trailer? I believe it has a massive potential to be something alternative to Monster Hunter.

God Eater didnt do it, neither will this game.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#7DragonyeuwPosted 10/6/2012 5:37:50 AM
angmodurian posted...
Dragonyeuw posted...

Yes I have. I'm not disputing that the game 'looks' great, nor am I predicting whether the game will actualy be great overall when it comes out. I just don't see it as a game thats going to sell Vitas in large numbers. Its more the kind of game that will sell well to people who ALREADY own one.
---
Current systems owned: PS3 slim,xbox 360 Gears model, Wii, PS2, Gamecube,Dreamcast, SNES, PS Vita, Red 3Ds, PSP3000, PSPGo,
#8pedrami91Posted 10/6/2012 6:02:13 AM
In terms of games ?

Maybe.

In terms of HW sales ?

No.
---
"Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance." - Will Durant
#9kjellboyPosted 10/6/2012 6:17:14 AM
It may perform better, IF Sony advertise more and get more developers for it.
---
(Steam: lordkjellboy)(PSN: KingKjellboy)(Xfire: kjellboy)(Gamertag: Lord Kjellboy)
#10AkagehisaPosted 10/6/2012 7:13:00 AM
Serously,,, I understand your negativity toward the Vita,,, but Soul Sacrifice looks more polished and with better production than God Eater. SS is Sony's game,, not a 3rd party game.

And you seem to forget that when the guy says that it has great chances to be a system seller,, he's refering to Japan,,, where ppl goes crazy over this kind of hunting games.

If the game turns to be good, it will sell consoles, plus, it will be out at the same time of God's Eater 2 and Phantasy star Online 2.