Are you confident that the Vita will peform better than the PSP did?

#11carsaucePosted 10/6/2012 7:19:17 AM
I'm already confident to know Vita is just an awesome system, 3DS ain't close to it, unless Nintendo makes another portable thus as like the Vita, then so be it, but that would be a low blow by Nintendo to make another console, they can just keep perfecting their new baby the Wii U and concentrate on selling that with such games designed for it.
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#12FayeLadyPosted 10/6/2012 7:21:25 AM
I don't think it has a shot at besting the PSP, in sales or in games. Not unless Sony turns it around quickly.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#13carsaucePosted 10/6/2012 7:22:45 AM
FayeLady posted...
I don't think it has a shot at besting the PSP, in sales or in games. Not unless Sony turns it around quickly.

Why is that?
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#14MetalZoicPosted 10/6/2012 7:35:06 AM
carsauce posted...
FayeLady posted...

Why is that?

Probably because it isn't selling well and is already far behind the PSP in sales at this point in its life. It also... ugh... I just realized who I was responding to.
#15jjg737Posted 10/6/2012 7:43:05 AM
I think it will, or at least it should. PSP was sony's 1st attempt at a handheld console, which I think was succesful, especially for it being the 1st of its kind. They should know by now what games sell and don't sell.
#16MetalZoicPosted 10/6/2012 7:53:05 AM
jjg737 posted...
I think it will, or at least it should. PSP was sony's 1st attempt at a handheld console, which I think was succesful, especially for it being the 1st of its kind. They should know by now what games sell and don't sell.

Then it better get a move on considering that the Vita:
1. Is already way, way behind in sales at this point.

and

2. Is still being outsold by the PSP.

If it's sales started tripling today, then in 5 years it may catch up.
#17ultronPosted 10/6/2012 8:01:11 AM
Without price drops? No.
With price drops and better bundles with larger memory cards included? Maybe.

The psp didn't do well until it had several revisions and price drops, vita won't do well unless it starts with those things as well. The rear touch screen is useless.

I don't own a vita, and having tried the demo units...I really don't want it.
Does it really take forever to start up a game? Is the system really touch only for the main interface? The thing feels like a cheap piece of plastic in my hands, and it wasn't a very good experience.
#18carsaucePosted 10/6/2012 8:05:26 AM
MetalZoic posted...
carsauce posted...
FayeLady posted...

Why is that?

Probably because it isn't selling well and is already far behind the PSP in sales at this point in its life. It also... ugh... I just realized who I was responding to.

Oh, right the sales the sales, sales, sales,
Why is that?
=)
---
#19Safros93Posted 10/6/2012 8:09:42 AM
ultron posted...
Without price drops? No.
With price drops and better bundles with larger memory cards included? Maybe.

The psp didn't do well until it had several revisions and price drops, vita won't do well unless it starts with those things as well. The rear touch screen is useless.

I don't own a vita, and having tried the demo units...I really don't want it.
Does it really take forever to start up a game? Is the system really touch only for the main interface? The thing feels like a cheap piece of plastic in my hands, and it wasn't a very good experience.

It doesn't take any longer for a game to start up than it does any other system. People just like to exaggerate on here. Gravity Rush does have one long loading screen though. Nope, you can use the buttons for menu interface. Hah, I was quite the opposite, I wasn't too convinced on the Vita and was slightly leaning more towards the 3DS until I held a Vita in my hand in Best Buy. It felt great, knew I had to have it. The dpad also felt really good, so I bought it.
#20DiligentTreePosted 10/6/2012 8:15:25 AM
carsauce posted...
MetalZoic posted...
carsauce posted...
FayeLady posted...

Why is that?

Oh, right the sales the sales, sales, sales,
Why is that?
=)

Yeah, you're right! I mean...who cares about how many units the Vita sells? It shouldn't mind Sony that it's nearly being outsold 10:1 by its competition. Developers will flock to this system because they LOVE losing so much money and taking a risk that could jeopardize them! Sony also loves losing money, and they're brilliant at it too: billions in debt!

You rock, Sony! You did well this generation!
---
This user is not offered for sale under any circumstances. No exceptions.