Are you confident that the Vita will peform better than the PSP did?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Are you confident that the Vita will peform better than the PSP did?
3 years ago#21
carsauce posted...
FayeLady posted...
I don't think it has a shot at besting the PSP, in sales or in games. Not unless Sony turns it around quickly.

Why is that?

Because while not having enough quality games is a bad thing alone, not selling enough product to convince developers to make more complicates things into and even worse problem.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
3 years ago#22
nope in terms of sales.
3 years ago#23
Akagehisa posted...
Serously,,, I understand your negativity toward the Vita,,, but Soul Sacrifice looks more polished and with better production than God Eater. SS is Sony's game,, not a 3rd party game.

And you seem to forget that when the guy says that it has great chances to be a system seller,, he's refering to Japan,,, where ppl goes crazy over this kind of hunting games.

If the game turns to be good, it will sell consoles, plus, it will be out at the same time of God's Eater 2 and Phantasy star Online 2.

The problem isn't that SS doesn't look like a good game. No one is sayng that. In fact, the other poster is saying it looks amazing. It's just that it seems more "niche" in the sense that its the kind of game current Vita owners and forum goers may anticipate, but the world at large is oblivious too. Using MH as an example, the series has always been popular with PS2/PSP players, but was largely unknown by gamers at large until Tri and Unite, the first entries in the series that really got any sort of advertisements.

Now, in Japan, SS might be a real big system seller, as these types of games tend to do very well over there, but without major ad support it wont do well in the US/EU.
---
"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
3 years ago#24
The PSP is still superior to the Vita, hardware does not mean anything
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835
3 years ago#25
StrikeNinja24 posted...
angmodurian posted...
Dragonyeuw posted...
I seriously doubt Soul Sacrifice would be a system seller. Its not the kind of game thats going to have enough mass appeal.

Have you watched the trailer? I believe it has a massive potential to be something alternative to Monster Hunter.

If not, you may watch this trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9i_mIh24Ug

God Eater didnt do it, neither will this game.

l'm low on cash mate, can you look in your crystal ball and give tomorrow's lotto numbers?
3 years ago#26
Lifetime I don't see it having a problem having more good games, better games or more sales then psp, people are just caught up in all the negative hype in a few years this will be forgotten and the trolls will troll the ps4 or something.
3 years ago#27
ManjiMidou posted...
StrikeNinja24 posted...
angmodurian posted...
Dragonyeuw posted...
I seriously doubt Soul Sacrifice would be a system seller. Its not the kind of game thats going to have enough mass appeal.

Have you watched the trailer? I believe it has a massive potential to be something alternative to Monster Hunter.

If not, you may watch this trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9i_mIh24Ug

God Eater didnt do it, neither will this game.

l'm low on cash mate, can you look in your crystal ball and give tomorrow's lotto numbers?

You dont need to see the future for common sense. Im willing to give the game a try, but it is a new IP that is going to be around when the actual MH comes out. It is not going to rock the charts, much like when the multiple times people on here, Im sure you were included, decided to crown a game the "savior" or "system seller" of the Vita, and we have seen all of those projections fall flat.

It will be an established franchise that pushes the Vita before any new IP.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
3 years ago#28
o_o
3 years ago#29
SS is too much of a niche game to be a system seller.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Are you confident that the Vita will peform better than the PSP did?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived