If the xperia play 2 get's released the vita is as good as dead.

#21TLR_Posted 10/8/2012 3:54:03 PM
TacticalSniper7 posted...
A quad core 4.8" xperia play 2 could instantly kill the vita.

agree or disagree?

It definitely would not kill the Vita.

I agree with the logic leading up to it though... owning the Xperia Play has been nothing but wonderful since day one and has only drastically improved with hundreds of quality titles, OnLive bringing full console quality games to Xperia Play, GameKeyboard making it such that nearly any Android game can take advantage of Xperia Play's controller, updates resolving every last initial complaint about the Xperia Play, and Sony's official support through PlayStation Mobile... but the two markets that a gaming handheld and a gaming phone reach to are so drastically different that no matter how much better than the Vita a hypothetical Xperia Play 2 is, it would not kill the Vita off.

If Vita's gonna die, it'll be because of the same poor decision making that started it off at a total disadvantage.
---
The Most Complete Database for Games Playable on the Xperia PLAY: Xperia PLAY Gamer
http://xperiaplaygamer.net
#22TacticalSniper7(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 5:19:19 PM
TLR_ posted...
TacticalSniper7 posted...
A quad core 4.8" xperia play 2 could instantly kill the vita.

agree or disagree?

It definitely would not kill the Vita.

I agree with the logic leading up to it though... owning the Xperia Play has been nothing but wonderful since day one and has only drastically improved with hundreds of quality titles, OnLive bringing full console quality games to Xperia Play, GameKeyboard making it such that nearly any Android game can take advantage of Xperia Play's controller, updates resolving every last initial complaint about the Xperia Play, and Sony's official support through PlayStation Mobile... but the two markets that a gaming handheld and a gaming phone reach to are so drastically different that no matter how much better than the Vita a hypothetical Xperia Play 2 is, it would not kill the Vita off.

If Vita's gonna die, it'll be because of the same poor decision making that started it off at a total disadvantage.

It's not that different now a days! i love some usual casual games and i prefer my hardcore games, but when i am on the go i usually feel like playing a quick game of zombie killing (dead trigger) or just some other fun quick game (like angry birds).

I do most of my hardcore gaming at home, but i get a taste of hardcore gaming on the xperia! and since it's a phone i can carry it everywhere i go, i usually have my pockets full so it's difficult to travel with the vita, and i always have a car charger if the battery drains (the xperia usually takes a lot of gaming to die out)

What i am saying is, if an xperia play 2 is to be released i am sure a lot of gaming companies like gameloft, ea, ubisoft will release even more "hardcore" games on the xperia play 2, hell maybe even activision will release more call of duty games on the phone market.

By bringing high quality games to the xperia play 2 and android market a lot of developers from the vita will move on to the android/xperia play 2 market, and that's the problem sony is currently having with the vita, i can't imagine how much worse it would be if an quad core xperia play 2 device get's released, the competition on the phone market would kill the vita games.
---
Vita psn: EPB_Melegor (uncharted, resistance,mortal kombat, gravity rush)
GT: EPB Melegor (mw3, Minecraft, GRAFS)
#23nimerjm37Posted 10/8/2012 5:35:20 PM
Billdough002 posted...
nimerjm37 posted...
As a Xperia Play owner, there is one thing I can say for certain: it is the single worst phone/device I have ever owned.

I've owned every gaming handheld released in the US ever, and I've had about a dozen different cell phones going all the way back to 1995. The Xperia Play is the absolute worst of the bunch.

How come? :(

Oof... Where to begin? The battery life sucks, the analog pads don't work even close to how they should, the device is poorly supported by any developers, Sony or otherwise. Seriously, the support for the Play makes the Vita's support look like that of the original DS. The call quality sucks, the touchscreen and keyboard barely work, and when they do there is a second or two delay.

I could go on and on...
---
Never, EVER order ANYTHING from ConsoleSource.com. EVER. You have been warned.
#24TacticalSniper7(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 6:43:17 PM
nimerjm37 posted...
Billdough002 posted...
nimerjm37 posted...
As a Xperia Play owner, there is one thing I can say for certain: it is the single worst phone/device I have ever owned.

I've owned every gaming handheld released in the US ever, and I've had about a dozen different cell phones going all the way back to 1995. The Xperia Play is the absolute worst of the bunch.

How come? :(

Oof... Where to begin? The battery life sucks, the analog pads don't work even close to how they should, the device is poorly supported by any developers, Sony or otherwise. Seriously, the support for the Play makes the Vita's support look like that of the original DS. The call quality sucks, the touchscreen and keyboard barely work, and when they do there is a second or two delay.

I could go on and on...

looks like you got an extremely faulty xperia play you should return it.

Mine works flawlessly, developer support is amazing and battery life is way better than my last HTC phone even while gaming.
---
#25zandm7Posted 10/8/2012 6:50:22 PM
Disagree. The old Xperia Play was a flop; why would a new one be any more successful? The point is that people still aren't comfortable with combining a phone with gaming controls in a single package.
---
Currently playing -- Vita: Uncharted, MotorStorm RC, Unit 13 demo, Ragnarok demo, WipEout demo. PS3: CoD, BF3, InFamous, WipEout. Various PC games.
PSN: zandm7
#26UniversquallPosted 10/8/2012 6:51:20 PM
Sony has been collecting final nails since 2005. So sure count this as one too.
---
After the Fallout
#27GuitaristMattPosted 10/8/2012 7:35:36 PM
13_Tanks posted...
I have a Xperia as well. It is fun at first but after awhile, gaming on it wrecks your overall battery life. Short battery life isn't so bad for a dedicated handheld, but for a phone that is a problem.

All of sony's new phones have like a month of battery life, so I don't think we'd worry too much with the se:xplay 2
---
"Fools set the rules in this world. Just take a look around. It's Undeniable."
Self Proclaimed Matt of your board
#28blackman232Posted 10/8/2012 8:02:36 PM
NOkia n-gage failed then moves into NOKIA phones and that software failed and was a waste, much like the xbox to windows 7 phones, just a f****** waste, its all because apple does things too good for other companies to make a dent just as nintendo does the same wit handhelds
---
R.I.P. Dreamcast, Saturn, 32x, Genesis
#29KingThingPosted 10/8/2012 9:58:41 PM
Because the original xperia took the world by storm...
---
Calling someone a kid on a message board = Lack of wit
http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/2605/oilup.jpg
#30TacticalSniper7(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2012 12:56:44 PM
blackman232 posted...
NOkia n-gage failed then moves into NOKIA phones and that software failed and was a waste, much like the xbox to windows 7 phones, just a f****** waste, its all because apple does things too good for other companies to make a dent just as nintendo does the same wit handhelds

touch control gaming for hardcore games suck, i think if they release a new 5 inch android cellphone with dual analog sticks and a quad core processor it would destroy a lot of phones.

The xperia play quickly died out because it was a single core phone, people want more power on their phone, a greatly designed 5" quad core xperia play 2 android phone would be a success.
---