I thought the Vita would do so much better (not trolling).

#11carsaucePosted 10/6/2012 8:52:52 AM
FayeLady posted...
carsauce posted...
FayeLady posted...
If new and orignal game are what you are looking for, the Vita probably isnt the place to find them. The barrier of entry is way to high on the consumer and developer side at the moment. If you have a new idea and very little support its a lot easier to push something out on itunes or steam than it is to buy a Vita devkit and churn out royalties to Sony.

Gravity Rush
original game

Gravity Rush is a pretty original game. Although its not my cup of tea, I wouldn't look down on them for trying. Unfortunately, that is certainly the exception to the rule. Being a Sony first party game probably means a lot of hurdles were cleared for them that can stand in the way of third party games from indie or major publishers.

Then what is your cup of tea? or type of game are you actually wanting to play? since I'm assuming you don't like what Vita is providing at the moment.
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#12FayeLadyPosted 10/6/2012 8:57:27 AM
carsauce posted...
FayeLady posted...
carsauce posted...
FayeLady posted...
If new and orignal game are what you are looking for, the Vita probably isnt the place to find them. The barrier of entry is way to high on the consumer and developer side at the moment. If you have a new idea and very little support its a lot easier to push something out on itunes or steam than it is to buy a Vita devkit and churn out royalties to Sony.

Gravity Rush
original game

Gravity Rush is a pretty original game. Although its not my cup of tea, I wouldn't look down on them for trying. Unfortunately, that is certainly the exception to the rule. Being a Sony first party game probably means a lot of hurdles were cleared for them that can stand in the way of third party games from indie or major publishers.

Then what is your cup of tea? or type of game are you actually wanting to play? since I'm assuming you don't like what Vita is providing at the moment.

RPGs and Fighting games are my meat and potatoes. Right now i'm playing a lot of Kingdom Hearts 3D and Persona 4 Arena. Will probably get Persona 4 on Vita, but not really looking forward to much else(not thats to be released anytime soon anyway).
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#13GloryChaosPosted 10/6/2012 9:02:06 AM
In addition to the lack of limitations and industry blockades, it's easy to attract an audience on the android/iOS. Imagine if Angry birds debuted as a multi platform game (like it is now selling at $30 bucks per copy. It would have been labeled as forgettable shovelware.

But on the iOS/android. Major success. All because it looked kind of interesting to people but didn't cost that much.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#14lucascg(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 9:11:15 AM
GloryChaos posted...
In addition to the lack of limitations and industry blockades, it's easy to attract an audience on the android/iOS. Imagine if Angry birds debuted as a multi platform game (like it is now selling at $30 bucks per copy. It would have been labeled as forgettable shovelware.

But on the iOS/android. Major success. All because it looked kind of interesting to people but didn't cost that much.

Yeah, I guess that's why they implemented Playstation Mobile. But it feels like they're playing catching up, instead of coming up with new things.
---
F this sig! F... for FABULOUS!
Steam - Luke CG | PSN - LucasCostantini
#15carsaucePosted 10/6/2012 9:42:58 AM
FayeLady posted...
carsauce posted...
FayeLady posted...
carsauce posted...
FayeLady posted...

Gravity Rush
original game

RPGs and Fighting games are my meat and potatoes. Right now i'm playing a lot of Kingdom Hearts 3D and Persona 4 Arena. Will probably get Persona 4 on Vita, but not really looking forward to much else(not thats to be released anytime soon anyway).

That's what I'm into as well, so I'm patience
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#16hustlin_pimpstePosted 10/6/2012 9:46:40 AM
carsauce posted...
Here we go again...

Pathetic, unnecessary carsauce post .. what a surprise. You going to do that in every thread that isn't "VITA IS AWESOME SAUCE!"?
---
"Distance is it's own reward." - Tommy
http://tinyurl.com/2b5vuay
#17xfactorPosted 10/6/2012 10:07:00 AM
lucascg posted...
One of the main problems with gaming today, in my opinion, is how little risks developers take due to high development costs. Mostly every game has to be a sure bet to be made and published, which leads to a lot of derivative experiences. So, when the Vita was announced, I thought it would be a device where developers would take a lot of risks and create a lot of new IPs for, given the handheld tech specs. It's sad to see the lack of third party support. I know it's been getting better lately, but it's still not everything it could be.

You can't blame 'em. Making a PS3/360 scope of games is still pretty costly, and even Sony themselves has closed down 3 studios after they have all made a Vita title. The devs are struggling to earn money with their games on 2 HD consoles, much less on the Vita with a much lower install base. That's why the Vita is choked full of ports. It cost less. At the end of the day, they still have to earn their keep and feed their family.

A game should still place gameplay before graphics, which is why smartphone gaming and 3DS are succeeding. The experiences from them are different from the home consoles. They don't use graphics as the selling point. They uses pure great gameplay, be it regardless for casual or hardcore audiences.
---
www.capcom.co.jp/bio6
#18KogaSteelfangPosted 10/6/2012 10:10:26 AM
I think almost everyone expected it to do better, that's why it's so easy to troll this board.
All they have to do is mention factual information about it's sales, and it rubs salt in the wounded pride of anyone who was boasting before.
With so many people finding it easy, lots of them jump on board for kicks, and end up making everyone sore over it.
---
3ds FC: 0817-3909-5696. PSN Grindpantera.
If you add me, please send a PM with your code.
#19Megaman OmegaPosted 10/6/2012 10:32:12 AM
carsauce posted...
Here we go again...

Pathetic, unnecessary carsauce post .. what a surprise. You going to do that in every thread that isn't "VITA IS AWESOME SAUCE!"?

Yeah, he needs a new gimmick to distract from his meltdowns.

One of the main problems with gaming today, in my opinion, is how little risks developers take due to high development costs. Mostly every game has to be a sure bet to be made and published, which leads to a lot of derivative experiences. So, when the Vita was announced, I thought it would be a device where developers would take a lot of risks and create a lot of new IPs for, given the handheld tech specs. It's sad to see the lack of third party support. I know it's been getting better lately, but it's still not everything it could be.

You start your post saying that high devlopment costs cause devs to take little risk, and then later you say that they would risk a lot because it's so powerful. The thing is, the system being powerful is what causes the high development costs, which cause the devs to not take risk.
---
~~Official Red Mage of the KDF~~~
Sales is trolling! Numbers are trolling! Haters are running around? Better get a thicker skin!
#20lucascg(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 11:00:12 AM
Megaman Omega posted...
carsauce posted...
Here we go again...

Yeah, he needs a new gimmick to distract from his meltdowns.

You start your post saying that high devlopment costs cause devs to take little risk, and then later you say that they would risk a lot because it's so powerful. The thing is, the system being powerful is what causes the high development costs, which cause the devs to not take risk.

What I meant is that they should take more risks on the Vita because it's cheaper to develop to and still powerful enough. Get it now?
---
F this sig! F... for FABULOUS!
Steam - Luke CG | PSN - LucasCostantini