What was this board's discussions about the vita like before it came out?

#1rebelleader13Posted 10/6/2012 8:29:15 AM
Were people bashing it or anticipating it?
---
A leader is always a work in progress.
#2DiligentTreePosted 10/6/2012 8:31:00 AM
I do remember lots of people anticipating it to be the best thing in the world, they even started spamming the 3DS board and gloating about how it's doomed and so on.

They were quite the excited little chaps.
---
This user is not offered for sale under any circumstances. No exceptions.
#3FayeLadyPosted 10/6/2012 8:34:41 AM
Well many of us former PSP owners were not expecting a lot in terms of support from Sony, but what we've received has been even more disappointing.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#4rebelleader13(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 8:35:36 AM
DiligentTree posted...
I do remember lots of people anticipating it to be the best thing in the world, they even started spamming the 3DS board and gloating about how it's doomed and so on.

They were quite the excited little chaps.

So now the people from the 3DS board are getting revenge since the vita is stable yet. Also i think the vita is amazing one of the best consoles iv ever had, besides my psp, ps2 and gamecube
---
A leader is always a work in progress.
#5carsaucePosted 10/6/2012 8:44:03 AM
People were so hyped and no trolling existed, except Nintendo fanboys saying how it would not beat the DS.
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#6GloryChaosPosted 10/6/2012 8:45:53 AM
The 3ds board users aren't getting revenge. A lot of people own both handhelds (master race) and will simply respond if they see something they disagree with. Then there are people like Strike and Compass who have a Vita, but are dissapointed. There are also trolls who don't frequent the 3ds board at all.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#7GeminiX7Posted 10/6/2012 9:00:45 AM
GloryChaos posted...
The 3ds board users aren't getting revenge. A lot of people own both handhelds (master race) and will simply respond if they see something they disagree with. Then there are people like Strike and Compass who have a Vita, but are dissapointed. There are also trolls who don't frequent the 3ds board at all.

I don't think Compass has owned a Sony product since the PSP. He just pisses and moans like crazy. Although, to be fair, alot of his arguments are valid(in many cases I agree with him, even). It's just that he's so quick to whine in topics that it's almost meme-worthy. If anyone even hints to having a positive opinion about the PSV, he's sure to pounce on the chance to deride the system, like some Debbie Downer version of Batman.
---
"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
#8FKRW4LifePosted 10/6/2012 9:22:47 AM
It was actually a nice get away from the 3ds board where for every vita FLOPIC we have here, there was ten times as many "Entitlement" topics.

These would either be people complaining about not knowing the Ambassador games, not knowing the release date of the ambassador games, not liking the ambassador games, complaining about scambassadors getting the games, idiots bragging about being scambassadors, idiots trolling ambassadors by saying they werent entitled to random stuff they made up (that they didnt have since they werent 3ds owners)... i could go on and on with variations. Closest I came to just diving head first into my computer monitor and ending it all due to idiocy brain meltdown attacks.
#9Non_AdoPosted 10/6/2012 9:26:55 AM
You know, it would not take that much effort to go to the bottom screen, click on the lowest numbers possible then keep backing up until you hit topics in the months you were curious about.

From what I remember, there were plenty of topics that focused on power, screen resolution, RAM, superiority to the 3DS, mocking Nintendo, praising Sony, and declarations of supremacy that Sony would own the portable market looking at the price of the two.

It was all good then.
#10KogaSteelfangPosted 10/6/2012 9:31:11 AM
Less trolling, more arogance.
Now it's low confidence, and troll central(From both new handheld systems).
---
3ds FC: 0817-3909-5696. PSN Grindpantera.
If you add me, please send a PM with your code.