Okay I'm going to ask Whats so disappointing about third party support?

#31DaMonsterZer0Posted 10/6/2012 5:25:19 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
FayeLady posted...
The lack of it. The most interesting games are Sony first party ones like Uncharted and Gravity Rush. The best the third parties can muster are ports of games that are already made like FFX or Persona, at worse we get half hearted works like COD.

The most disappointing thing, is that we can hardly blame the developers. Pouring resources into something that can't get you paid would be foolish. Sony needs to start upholding their end and supporting the product in ways that will make customers want it. Then their third party partners will follow suit. They have already shown the system is capable of stellar games, now they just need to get it into enough hands to make stellar games profitable to make.

So Assassin's Creed III: Liberation, Dynasty Warriors Next, Escape plan, Ragnarok Odyssey, Little King sequel, Silent Hill: Book of Memories, Sound shapes, Dragons crown, Tales from space, Dokuro and retro city rampage don't exist then?

I see 2 games on that list that have the potential to be big sellers. Thet need some familiar faces to bring some unique titles. An unique entry into a series just like ACL is. Imagine if Vita would have gotten KHDDD and Tales of the Abyss, they need games from the big game devs. The hardware is there.
---
The Monster Is Zero - S1nharvest
My calculations are of course, precise, and the result exactly as I predicted.
#32FayeLadyPosted 10/6/2012 5:31:57 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
FayeLady posted...
LemonKweenstaaa posted...
Demon, why are you so obsessed with the 3DS' past? You're "same time frame" crap doesn't mean anything when that time has passed.

This is very true. Vita is not competing with 3DS of last year, its competing with the current product, at least in the eyes of any reasonable consumer.

Any reasonable consumer would realize vita is getting more good games faster, so in the long run vita is the better choice. But most consumers aren't reasonable.

Thats where I disagree. Most customers will already assume Nintendo has the first party advantage due to its strong performance in that area. The DS getting more third party support than the PSP is still fresh in many customers minds. Lastly more of the customers had DS than PSP, and the 3DS will play their games without any question about format, transfer or compatibility, it will just work.

So no, I'd say the smart money would not ignore all of those factors.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#33DemonDog666(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 5:32:00 PM
So I really am the only one who cares more about a game being good then selling alot... wow. I can understand Sony being disappointed because of the lack of big name they are a company but consumers, players, you should care about the games not the sales.
#34FayeLadyPosted 10/6/2012 5:39:24 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
So I really am the only one who cares more about a game being good then selling alot... wow. I can understand Sony being disappointed because of the lack of big name they are a company but consumers, players, you should care about the games not the sales.

Most of us do care about the quality of games, but that was hardly the question you asked.
A product needs more than quality to survive on the market, it needs to be desirable. No one cares how good something is, if they don't want it. Week after week customers have said they simply aren't interested. Maybe its the games, maybe its the price, maybe its something else entirely. Its Sony's job to make the platform more attractive so customers will buy it.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#35DaMonsterZer0Posted 10/6/2012 5:39:46 PM
DemonDog666 posted...

Don't be inept, If a company see's "Wow, did see how much that bandai game sold on Vita, lets make something for it" instead of "Wow, did you see how much that bandai game sold on Vita, better stay away."

Good games are fine, my favorite game is Okami, so no sales preaching there, but games need to sell well, it's the only indication of a healthy console. Nintendo has over 38 100k sold titles, with 23 of them being 3rd party. A system has to show it can sell games period.
---
#36DemonDog666(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 5:39:53 PM
FayeLady posted...
Thats where I disagree. Most customers will already assume Nintendo has the first party advantage due to its strong performance in that area. The DS getting more third party support than the PSP is still fresh in many customers minds. Lastly more of the customers had DS than PSP, and the 3DS will play their games without any question about format, transfer or compatibility, it will just work.

So no, I'd say the smart money would not ignore all of those factors.

DS had more third party games but psp had the best third party games, and assuming Nintendo has the best first party is just ignorance, Nintendo's first party has been going downhill all gen Sony's has been going uphill. DS And psp sales don't matter in the least, hell sales shouldn't matter at all to a consumer it doesn't matter what ohter people buy it matters what you'll enjoy more. 3DS is the one region locked not vita so I don't get your point there. Oh you mean bc, 3DS actually has major issues with digital games but DS digital games selection was so poor nobody cares and that's only a factor to people who have psp UMDS.
#37DaMonsterZer0Posted 10/6/2012 5:43:14 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
FayeLady posted...

3DS is the one region locked not vita so I don't get your point there. Oh you mean bc, .

I deleted all the opinions from your post and was left with this.
---
#38DemonDog666(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 5:50:03 PM
FayeLady posted...
Most of us do care about the quality of games, but that was hardly the question you asked.
A product needs more than quality to survive on the market, it needs to be desirable. No one cares how good something is, if they don't want it. Week after week customers have said they simply aren't interested. Maybe its the games, maybe its the price, maybe its something else entirely. Its Sony's job to make the platform more attractive so customers will buy it.

If you cared about quality more then sales you wouldn't be disappointed by the third party support.
#39FayeLadyPosted 10/6/2012 5:52:26 PM
DemonDog666 posted...

DS had more third party games but psp had the best third party games

That isn't true by any measurable metric. DS games are more popular with customers, from both a sales and a quality standpoint DS games were better received.

, and assuming Nintendo has the best first party is just ignorance, Nintendo's first party has been going downhill all gen Sony's has been going uphill.

That too would be incorrect. Nintendo first party titles continue to be among the most well received games in the industry.

DS And psp sales don't matter in the least, hell sales shouldn't matter at all to a consumer it doesn't matter what ohter people buy it matters what you'll enjoy more.

DS and PSP sales are important to consider because it shows where the customers were upon entering this generation. BC and third party support are nice, but inertia is probably the most significant factor the 3DS has.

3DS is the one region locked not vita so I don't get your point there. Oh you mean bc, 3DS actually has major issues with digital games but DS digital games selection was so poor nobody cares and that's only a factor to people who have psp UMDS.

Who said anything about region locking? That might be a problem for some people, but I have no interest in buying a game that its publishers are trying to actively lock me out of playing. I'll just spend my money elsewhere. Digital games are something else I stay away from because I have no guarantee the company and its DRM will still be around in the future. Last of all UMD owners would be most PSP owners since thats how games were made available for majority of the PSPs life and its the only way to play some of the better ones. Screwing over UMD owners is another reason that people tend to overlook when measuring why the Vita is doing to poorly.
---
#40FayeLadyPosted 10/6/2012 5:55:40 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
FayeLady posted...

If you cared about quality more then sales you wouldn't be disappointed by the third party support.

Why would you say that? What I care about more or less has no effect on the quality of third party support. It doesn't get better all of a sudden if I stop caring about it
---