will the vita surpass the 3ds like the ps3 surpassed the wii

#1ps2snesgodPosted 10/7/2012 7:52:54 AM
in quality games. it took the ps3 a while and the wii dominated in 2007. mario galaxy,fire emblem,resident evil 4,warioware,ect
that was the year where the ps3 got modern warfare,heavenly sword,uncharted 1 and ratchet and clank futureis
Does the vita just need time or will it be demolished in quality games thanks to nintendo actually knowing what they are doing in the handheld market.
#2GigaVoltsPosted 10/7/2012 7:54:51 AM
Well, the PS3 had better 3rd party support than the Wii by that time. The Vita on the other hand, is selling less and is losing 3rd party support to the 3DS, which is getting more and more support. So I doubt it. Still the Vita will have great games hopefully
---
The Official GigaVolts Seal of Approval
http://i.imgur.com/WgB8X.png
#3OdinfanPosted 10/7/2012 7:58:26 AM
There is nothing the Vita can do that the 3DS can't, graphically speaking. So why should developers work harder to sell the same amount, or in this case, much less? The gaming capabilities of each are equal, so cheaper is the way to go. Less time in development means more games.
---
"I'm not Ayu Ayu!" - Tsukimiya Ayu, Kanon
Because "Uguu!" is overused....
#4DiligentTreePosted 10/7/2012 7:59:33 AM
The Vita doesn't need time. I'll quote my older posts...

"Most big name developers have shifted far more attention towards the 3DS. Look at Monster Hunter 3, 4, Resident Evil Revelations, Bravely Default, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Code of Princess and Shin Megami Tensei IV.

You also have franchises that were strong on DS available on 3DS: Gyakuten Saiban 5, Professor Layton, Rune Factory/Harvest Moon and Etrian Odyssey IV.

THEN you have Nintendo's own franchises: Pokemon, Super/New/Paper Mario, Zelda, Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing and Kid Icarus.

The 3DS and PSP seem to be sharing some games, too. Honestly, the 3DS seems like the PSP's successor, as you pretty much have the best from both worlds.

And although I do agree with you that the 3DS's launch was worse than the Vita in terms of a library, that really doesn't hold anything anymore as the 3DS has fixed that, and the Vita has really yet to get anywhere with it."

And...

"No amount of time will be fixing that unless the Vita explodes in sales, and considering how popular franchises make the most sales, and that they've already migrated to the 3DS, the Vita isn't going to be getting them any time soon."

Lots of optimists believe that the Vita is following through the 3DS's template, yet they're starting to ignore that in this same time frame, the 3DS already sky-rocketed in sales and started to get far more announcements of popular franchises. It's already left the Vita in the dust, and took what made the PSP so famous away with it and then some.

The Vita can still survive, but it NEEDS multiple systems sellers and to STOP being nearly outsold around ~10:1 to the 3DS. Developers won't take mind to a system that has been deemed as "failing".
---
This user is not offered for sale under any circumstances. No exceptions.
#5FayeLadyPosted 10/7/2012 8:05:29 AM
It should be pointed out that the PS3 never sold this poorly. People comparing the Vita and the PS3 never seems to consider that.

Furthermore, the PS3 got a lot of support on the back of the 360 since the user base of the ps3 and the 360 combined always tended to be higher than that of the Wii. There really is no similar system for the Vita to leech off of.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#6SenordunwichPosted 10/7/2012 8:09:10 AM
The Wii was just a series of complicated events which eventually leads to 3rd party developers developing games for both 360 and Ps3, which combined has a larger install base than the Wii.This results in Ps360 having more 3rd party games than the Wii.Unfortunately the Wii didn't get those games because it simply "wasn't powerful enough" as stated by devs, however it will probably change with the Wii u.

Nothing of that sort will happen to the Vita.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asnDP0Zj7mQ
It's hard to be taken seriously with a username like this.
#7UniversquallPosted 10/7/2012 8:11:46 AM
There was nothing complicated about it. They wanted to move on from the PS2 gen.
---
After the Fallout
#8AkagehisaPosted 10/7/2012 8:17:33 AM
Odinfan posted...
There is nothing the Vita can do that the 3DS can't, graphically speaking. So why should developers work harder to sell the same amount, or in this case, much less? The gaming capabilities of each are equal, so cheaper is the way to go. Less time in development means more games.

Well,, there is not that great difference in graphics as Ds and PSP had,,, but when you see ports like Rayman origins in both consoles,,, or SSF4 and the SFvsTekken. even Vita users destroyed Resustance vita with critics about its graphics,, and it still has better graphics than RE:R (3Ds) I have both. so you get the idea,,, and no, they are not equal as you say.

But,, the 3Ds has enough graphic power to let the devs. do whathever ideas they have,,, the only disadvantage this time is the 1 analog stick,,, 3Ds is like a continuation of PSP.

And I also think 3Ds has not that great 3rd party suppout everyone talks about,,, the only nice 3rd party game in its 2 years is RE:R,,,
#9NnamzPosted 10/7/2012 8:24:31 AM
GigaVolts posted...
Well, the PS3 had better 3rd party support than the Wii by that time.

No it didn't. Wii had the most 3rd party support until about 2008.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 3780 - 9095 - 9402 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#10GigaVoltsPosted 10/7/2012 8:26:21 AM
Nnamz posted...
GigaVolts posted...
Well, the PS3 had better 3rd party support than the Wii by that time.

No it didn't. Wii had the most 3rd party support until about 2008.

That is why I said by that time. The library of PS3 only started getting good by then.

Personally, I found the Wii to have more games i enjoyed
---
The Official GigaVolts Seal of Approval
http://i.imgur.com/WgB8X.png