will the vita surpass the 3ds like the ps3 surpassed the wii

#41ZendaikPosted 10/8/2012 8:53:17 AM
angmodurian posted...
Vita has a good chance to be lucrative in the Western market if FPS games are done well for it. Looking at the most hyped COD, i am speechless to what i have i comment on this half-***ed game.

Nintendo is probably great and has a dedicated fanbase. Nevertheless, this is after all a different region with different cultures to Japan, there are still potential in the market that Sony can capitalize on.

Another big problem is always happening to big companies like Sony where they have many other departments. Since they have so many sides to cover, sometimes they are just lost on which to focus. Nintendo on the other hand, has the advantage of solely focusing their organization goals on video games. That probably helped the company to stay focused and reminded of what outcome they want.

I think the most important thing is the image of Ps Vita. Lets face it, the population of hardcore gamer is just a minuscule fraction of the casual gamer. If they had understood this concept, they would not position their product as hardcore gamers only. Even within its hardcore gamers base, the system has not positioned itself well whether it is just a system that plays port or justdumbed down version of ps3 (very negative as hardcore gamers most likely would have own a home console like ps3)

There are countless reasons that lead to this outcome. However, one of the main culprit will be the wrong business model for the Ps Vita. If Sony can rectify this problem and make amendments (which i believe they will), there is still hope. I predict that 204 shall be the year for Vita :)

By 2014 it'll be far, FAR too late. Sony needs to rectify their problem NOW, not at least a year and a half later when the 3DS increases its lead, developers ignore the Vita, and the Vita is ultimately forgotten.
---
Monster Hunter Tri, Kid Icarus: Uprising IDs: Kirolos
#42Natureboy99Posted 10/8/2012 9:50:34 AM
Yes, it passed 3DS day 1 with the launch titles. Too bad gamesdon't matter to most consumers. They just want to watch Mario jump over, and over, and over, and...
---
Voted class of 2079 most likely to abuse time travel
#43ZendaikPosted 10/8/2012 10:17:06 AM
Natureboy99 posted...
Yes, it passed 3DS day 1 with the launch titles. Too bad gamesdon't matter to most consumers. They just want to watch Mario jump over, and over, and over, and...

Yeah, I mean it's not like people play games other than Mario on the 3DS or anything. Lol. This is the lamest retort ever.

I know I didn't get a 3DS for Mario (outside of Paper Mario).
---
Monster Hunter Tri, Kid Icarus: Uprising IDs: Kirolos
#44Megaman OmegaPosted 10/8/2012 10:19:43 AM
Natureboy99 posted...

Yeah, I mean it's not like people play games other than Mario on the 3DS or anything. Lol. This is the lamest retort ever.

Naturefanboy99 is really desperate for self-reassurance nowadays, so it's no surprise seeing him flop yet again.
---
COD:BOD is definitely the highest budget Vita title - GeassMaster
I come to GameFAQs to be an a-hole and create strife/hate on the message boards. -GeassMaster
#45Natureboy99Posted 10/8/2012 11:08:19 AM
Zendaik posted...
Natureboy99 posted...

There are always exceptions to the generalization. Do you really think 3DS would be doing so well without SM3DL, NSMB2, and MK7?

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=&publisher=&platform=3DS&genre=&minSales=0&results=200

3 of the top 4 games have Mario in the title. What I said is true, generally speaking.
---
#46SagadegoPosted 10/8/2012 11:10:34 AM
Natureboy99 posted...
Zendaik posted...
Natureboy99 posted...

There are always exceptions to the generalization. Do you really think 3DS would be doing so well without SM3DL, NSMB2, and MK7?

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=&publisher=&platform=3DS&genre=&minSales=0&results=200

3 of the top 4 games have Mario in the title. What I said is true, generally speaking.

lol @ you using Vgchartz that site uses false numbers.
#47Natureboy99Posted 10/8/2012 11:24:03 AM
Sagadego posted...
Natureboy99 posted...
Zendaik posted...
Natureboy99 posted...

Weak. Prove to me with YOUR better sources that those top 4 games are wrong. You won't be able to, because those numbers are close to accurate. VGChartz uses predictions for weekly numbers, but they do post the real numbers afterwards. I'm not talking about weekly numbers. These are lifetime numbers and are much more accurate. I will gladly consider a better source if you have one.
---
#48OMG_A_PONYPosted 10/8/2012 11:24:48 AM
Megaman Omega posted...
Natureboy99 posted...

Naturefanboy99 is really desperate for self-reassurance nowadays, so it's no surprise seeing him flop yet again.

its funny watching his arguments get worse. every board needs a class clown i guess
---
if you disagree with my opinion, it is because you have brain damage.
#49SagadegoPosted 10/8/2012 11:26:13 AM
Natureboy99 posted...
Sagadego posted...
Natureboy99 posted...
Zendaik posted...
Natureboy99 posted...

Weak. Prove to me with YOUR better sources that those top 4 games are wrong. You won't be able to, because those numbers are close to accurate. VGChartz uses predictions for weekly numbers, but they do post the real numbers afterwards. I'm not talking about weekly numbers. These are lifetime numbers and are much more accurate. I will gladly consider a better source if you have one.

again if going to use chartz. then lol. every month is the NPD. also chartz is not reliable. it's a fact.
#50Natureboy99Posted 10/8/2012 11:30:11 AM
Sagadego posted...

again if going to use chartz. then lol. every month is the NPD. also chartz is not reliable. it's a fact.

OK, so what are the real numbers then??? If you can't back up what you are saying with facts, you have no argument. VGChartz is recognized as a credible source:

http://www.vgchartz.com/about.php

They use weekly estimates, which can be wrong. But lifetime numbers are correct. AGAIN, you got a better source? cite it.
---