questions on buying a second vita

#13x7Posted 10/8/2012 1:42:58 AM
Well lesson learned, never let younger cousins borrow any expensive electronic devices though I would assume a high school senior to be more responsible. I am buying a second vita cuz said cousin dropped it and left a big scratch mark on my screen. Question is, can I transfer the savedata for my games from old vita to new vita? I'm guessing it will have to be done using CMA or PS3, which I can't use PS3 b/c my friend is borrowing it to beat some game I forget. I have all physical games except Super Stardust Delta. I only have the old vita and a ps3 linked to my psn account. I thought the limit was 2 for portable devices, so since cousin wants to keep playing Super Stardust Delta, I do not want to format old one and use same psn on both (but he won't be allowed to connect to psn using my account). Probably will wait til assassin's creed bundle since it comes with free game.

tl;dr version, buying new vita, can I transfer saves from old vita to new vita while leaving old vita as is?
#2SuperlasermanPosted 10/8/2012 1:47:51 AM
Just use the old memory card on new vita?
---
Psn Reysol981
Currently playing; Blazblue CS Extend, Darksiders 2, Dark Souls
#3SSJ4CHRISPosted 10/8/2012 1:53:16 AM
Like the above post said, just use the same memory card. Go to "download history" on your VIta and re-download all your apps, PSN stuff for free, and you have all of your stuff right back. From your Vita. It's that simple.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225
PSN: phayro_rip
#43x7(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 2:05:58 AM
well no, I can't use old memory card, because while screen is scratched, the vita still works, and cousin wants to keep it (I'm making him keep it and give me money for new actually). I know I can redownload apps/games but I only own physical copies other than Super Stardust Delta. What I need to know is if I can transfer my saves from old vita to new vita.
#5TinyTim123Posted 10/8/2012 2:13:31 AM
Use CMA on a computer to back up all the data on your memory card, then when you have your new Vita and memory card, copy everything to that.
My brother and I have a Vita each and share a PSN. All of our games save to the card do far, though, so while it should work just fine, you may run into some unforeseen snags. Also, you can't be online playing at the same time (at least not the same game). You can, however, play using ad hoc local.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#6FullMetalPanicPosted 10/8/2012 5:59:08 AM
Since your cousin's buying you a new Vita, I'm assuming he's buying you the new memory card? If so, swap the memory cards with your old Vita?
---
[_Current Systems_]
| PS2 slim | PS3 | PSP-3000 | PSVita | N64 | Wii | GBC | GBA SP | DSi XL | 3DS XL |
#7BahamutBBobPosted 10/8/2012 7:33:19 AM
3x7 posted...
well no, I can't use old memory card, because while screen is scratched, the vita still works, and cousin wants to keep it (I'm making him keep it and give me money for new actually).

Make him buy his own memory card as well?

You can just put your old memory card into your new Vita and everything will be fine. Deactivate your old system, and activate your new system. Speaking from personal experience here. (got it replaced by Sony, not bought a second Vita)
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
#83x7(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 9:43:36 AM
thanks for the input. I'm letting cousin keep old memory card because it has Super Stardust Delta on it, and he wants to keep playing it.