Thinking about getting a Vita, but could use some suggestions on some games.

#1DeGamer81Posted 10/8/2012 5:19:10 AM
I'm mainly an rpg player, but I play platformers and fighters too. What good games are out atm that are good quality games and have a lot of replayablity. Also I'm kind of a fanatic about starting a story based game from the beginning, so no games that throw me in the middle of the series without knowing what's going on(Assassins Creed for example). Thanks.
#2Cross_slash101Posted 10/8/2012 5:22:27 AM
LBP and gravity rush for platformers
P4 the golden, Ragnarok Odyssey and NKLS for RPGs
---
PSN: Fzero_5
Gamefaqs: I should have just stuck to Faqs.
#3Safros93Posted 10/8/2012 5:26:56 AM
BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend is an excellent fighting game (it's multiplatform, but it's equally as beautiful as its console counterparts) with a very deep and complex story (If you bother getting into it) and it has plenty of replay value. I've probably played the game some 400 hours and I'm still nowhere near tired of it, on the contrary, whenever I'm playing something else I always find myself wanting to go back to it. You can't go wrong with it.
#4GamefaqraiderPosted 10/8/2012 5:32:52 AM
Gravity rush and metal gear hd are both excellent.

An exclusive assassins creed is out in a few weeks too.
#5gray_fox_00Posted 10/8/2012 5:41:44 AM
Gravity Rush, LBP if you're the creative type, Ragnarok Odyssey is coming out soon (not sure if and when it got pushed back to), Persona 4 (no real attachment to previous games), and in all honesty AC III: Liberation sounds like it'll be standalone with a new character considering she's a she and not Desmond.
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice
#6DragonyeuwPosted 10/8/2012 5:41:44 AM
DeGamer81 posted...
I'm mainly an rpg player, but I play platformers and fighters too. What good games are out atm that are good quality games and have a lot of replayablity. Also I'm kind of a fanatic about starting a story based game from the beginning, so no games that throw me in the middle of the series without knowing what's going on(Assassins Creed for example). Thanks.

RPGs:

Persona 4
Ragnorak Odyssey
Disgaea 3
All the Ps1 classic RPGs

Platformers:

Little Big Planet( re-playability is practically limitless due to user created levels and creating your own)
Rayman( outstanding port)
Uncharted Golden Abyss

Fighters:

Mortal Kombat
Ultimate MvC 3
BlazBlue Continuum Shift

Also, as far as Assassin's Creed goes I haven't played them all but I believe the stories are self-contained, so you should be able to play ACIII Liberation without prior knowledge and experience. Your best bet is to wait till Oct 30th and pick up the ACIII bundle with white Vita, ACIII Liberation, and a 4gb card. It make no sense to fork out $249 for the base wifi Vita at this stage, with the ACIII bundle right around the order selling at the same price.
---
Current systems owned: PS3 slim,xbox 360 Gears model, Wii, PS2, Gamecube,Dreamcast, SNES, PS Vita, Red 3Ds, PSP3000, PSPGo,
#7DragonyeuwPosted 10/8/2012 5:42:21 AM
Damn, GrayFox and I posted same time exactly : )
---
Current systems owned: PS3 slim,xbox 360 Gears model, Wii, PS2, Gamecube,Dreamcast, SNES, PS Vita, Red 3Ds, PSP3000, PSPGo,
#8JerichoDarkstarPosted 10/8/2012 5:48:48 AM
For future incentive, you'll have:

Assassin's Creed Liberation
Playstation All Stars Battle Royale
Sly Cooper Thieves in Time

The first two will be out this year, and the last will come out early next year.
---
I'll make a big enough ruckus for everyone.
#9NiMHPosted 10/8/2012 6:09:42 AM
I'm not the best person to ask about RPGs. I do however, dig platformers.

If you haven't played it already, I would suggest Rayman Origins.

Little Big Planet PS Vita is awesome. It just meshes with the Vita so well, it's redonk-ka-donk. It was made for this system. All the little bells and whistles don't feel forced either. They are fun and fit well with the game as a whole.

Gravity Rush is OK. I haven't played it very much. I will say the gravity stuff can be fun, mainly the combat. However, I was extremely turned off by the game's horrible attempt at stealth. To be fair, it has only happened once in the time I've played it, but like I said, that hasn't been very much.

Mortal Kombat is awesome on the Vita! You can perform fatalities with the touchscreen! You don't have to worry about timing your button combinations with the d-pad anymore because the touchscreen mode doesn't use them! The d-pad is a dream to play with, and on top of all of that, the gameplay is completely in tact. There are also some fun touchscreen time wasters in the new tower challenges. Great fighting game.
---
PSN: ShamefulDust
#10GlobalCoolingPosted 10/8/2012 6:16:44 AM
The best RPG out in the US and Europe is definitely Disgaea 3. It has hundreds of hours of replayability. It can literally last forever, as each character can be leveled to 9999. There are randomly generated maps to fight on, multiple endings, and the combat is very fun.

GET DISGAEA 3.