New cfw for the vita will be very bad

#41TheExiled280Posted 10/8/2012 12:39:55 PM
maxmansupa posted...
Once again, people proclaiming that cfw was a good thing...

Why am I not surprised...

i know right. this board is shameful
---
Currently Playing: New Little King Story(PSV), Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus(PSV), Sumioni: Demon Arts(PSV), Gods Eater Burst(PSP) & Ys SEVEN(PSP)
#42hotgamerPosted 10/8/2012 12:50:02 PM(edited)
There are two kind of games.

Some are good and would get an increased sale number without piracy.

However, most games fall in the second category. The ones that aren't good enough and that even with no piracy, people would not buy them.

Also, this CFW doesn't allow to play Vita games nor can it open doors to pirate vita games. You can play psp games and homebrew at best with that. No offense, but since you can only play games on PSN Store on vita, that cfw is the most awesome thing ever.

DarkPhoenix852 posted...
Crisis Core on my vita!! FINALLY!!! Along with Birth By Sleep, and Monster Hunter Portable 3rd. Ahh <3 As for ps1 games, i will continue to buy those of the store.

No you won't be able to buy PS1 classics from store. Sony will release a new firmware and it will disable that exploit. You either update and regain psn store and multiplayer access or you stay with this semi-cfw forever.

Semi-cfw, because the psp emulator is only ran when the vita need to emulate something psp related and only allow the ram necessary to run such thing. It doesn't allow the full amount of ram the psp had, so unlock a psp cfw, you're a little limited.
---
Trying to contain the chaos is futile.
#43MarioKartDavidPosted 10/8/2012 12:44:09 PM
So what if people with VITA can play psp games, majority of vita owners own a psp anyway so playing psp games on a vita wouldn't hurt Sony but help sales
#44YAMI_ANUBIS_XPosted 10/8/2012 12:57:29 PM
What makes it great is you can use the 2nd analog stick for PSP games, also playing Genesis games on Vita is awesome, I mean the AMOLED screen really makes games like Sonic 3 and Knuckles look alot better than what an HDTV shows, it really pops out, not only that but it looks like 3DS 3D, when the background moves around Sonic, you can notice the distance between sonic and the background. Vita improves games from the 90s considerably, makes em look like brand new games but thats due to Vita using AMOLED screen.
---
GT: Yami Anubis X I believe that is it
3DS FC:1891-1173-7323 Name YamiAnubiX
#45Bancario51Posted 10/8/2012 1:01:29 PM
you guys aren't genuinely concerned. you're just making topics as you always do on the board.
---
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
Awesome Fighting games: TTT2, P4A and Aquapazza...
#46TheExiled280Posted 10/8/2012 1:07:47 PM
Bancario51 posted...
you guys aren't genuinely concerned. you're just making topics as you always do on the board.

Im concerned. Piracy killed the PSP here in NA
---
PSN: TheExiled12894 // A Proud Owner of a PlayStation Vita
Assassins Creed 3 Liberation Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6W2A3LL14o
#47maximumbarmagePosted 10/8/2012 1:22:02 PM
I doubt there's going to be anything to worry about until they actually figure out how ti run actual Vita game code illegally on the machine, which does not look to be happening any time soon.

Sounds like this could be good for PSP games though... if not as good as the Vita native backwards compatability sadly.
---
"Graphics don't matter... so I'm buying the Wii U version of Assassin's Creed 3 so I get the best looking version." Actual Nintendolt quote.
#48DarkPhoenix852Posted 10/8/2012 1:33:35 PM
hotgamer posted...
There are two kind of games.

Some are good and would get an increased sale number without piracy.

However, most games fall in the second category. The ones that aren't good enough and that even with no piracy, people would not buy them.

Also, this CFW doesn't allow to play Vita games nor can it open doors to pirate vita games. You can play psp games and homebrew at best with that. No offense, but since you can only play games on PSN Store on vita, that cfw is the most awesome thing ever.

DarkPhoenix852 posted...
Crisis Core on my vita!! FINALLY!!! Along with Birth By Sleep, and Monster Hunter Portable 3rd. Ahh <3 As for ps1 games, i will continue to buy those of the store.

No you won't be able to buy PS1 classics from store. Sony will release a new firmware and it will disable that exploit. You either update and regain psn store and multiplayer access or you stay with this semi-cfw forever.

Semi-cfw, because the psp emulator is only ran when the vita need to emulate something psp related and only allow the ram necessary to run such thing. It doesn't allow the full amount of ram the psp had, so unlock a psp cfw, you're a little limited.

I know. But I have this nostalgia to play Birth By Sleep and Crisis Core on my vita. After that, I will most likely update. But then again, I already have most of the ps1 games I want on my vita. Just waiting for Crash and Spyro. ... Oh man! LBP will be completely useless without online!! *runs to download 100+ levels for offline play*
---
My Psn: Dark_Phoenix852
Want Vita Wallpapers? Here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/samusguns
#49DarkPhoenix852Posted 10/8/2012 1:36:06 PM
YAMI_ANUBIS_X posted...
What makes it great is you can use the 2nd analog stick for PSP games, also playing Genesis games on Vita is awesome, I mean the AMOLED screen really makes games like Sonic 3 and Knuckles look alot better than what an HDTV shows, it really pops out, not only that but it looks like 3DS 3D, when the background moves around Sonic, you can notice the distance between sonic and the background. Vita improves games from the 90s considerably, makes em look like brand new games but thats due to Vita using AMOLED screen.

DUDE... I'm thinking Zelda. I'm going to sooo play Zelda on the Vita!
---
My Psn: Dark_Phoenix852
Want Vita Wallpapers? Here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/samusguns
#50FKRW4LifePosted 10/8/2012 1:41:43 PM
I just want an update that lets me organize the home screen better. I have minis, vita, psp, and psone games, plus all the stupid apps all over the place, not to mention Im down to like 5 spots left :(