The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

The systems you backed and the wars you won

#1VerbalcodyPosted 10/8/2012 11:48:45 PM(edited)
Me -
Pre internet whining days
NES * no contest*
Genesis *loss*
Game Gear *loss*
PSone *win*

Post internet whining
Dreamcast *loss*
360 *win*
PSP *loss*
Vita *losing*
#2HaRRy_TiPPeR_Posted 10/8/2012 11:48:52 PM
props to a fellow sega fan!
---
Timesplitters FTW People that agree: 18
Support Timesplitters 4: http://www.facebook.com/Timesplitters4PLZ
#3Verbalcody(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 11:49:31 PM
Shenmue 3 come on!
#4flame030191Posted 10/8/2012 11:52:48 PM
I hardly consider PSP or Vita "losing" as they both have been very successful in a market nobody else could compete with Nintendo in. Definitely not as bad as Sega was at least.
---
PSN ID: armyflame X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
"I used to make the same joke as everyone else, but then I took an arrow to the meme."-Kevin Butler
#5Verbalcody(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 12:05:15 AM
genesis competed too, so did saturn for a long while... so does PS3 but theres only 1 winner.
#6Tough_BalloonsPosted 10/9/2012 12:15:51 AM
NES
PS1 (won )
XBox (loss)
Ps3 (tie)
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#7flame030191Posted 10/9/2012 12:21:42 AM
Verbalcody posted...
genesis competed too, so did saturn for a long while... so does PS3 but theres only 1 winner.

How did genesis, Saturn, and PS3 compete in the handheld market?

Also, you realise if you count the Wii as a competitor, 360 is a loss sales wise, right?

But yeah, Sega has lost since the Genesis. That was their last system to gain a foot hold. Dreamcast could have worked if the Saturn didn't make everyone lose their trust. Game Gear came out to compete with Gameboy, but very shortly later, it died out. Same with the N Gage, as well as other handhelds. More could break even 2 million sales (if I remember), yet Vita has broken that and PSP has sold over 30 million between all the models. In a market ruled by Nintendo, those are impressive numbers, and hardly a loss.
---
PSN ID: armyflame X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
"I used to make the same joke as everyone else, but then I took an arrow to the meme."-Kevin Butler
#8MegaMettaurPosted 10/9/2012 12:44:43 AM
What the hell? I haven't won or lost any wars. But I have played games. I owned both a Genesis and an SNES, N64 and PS1, Gamecube and PS2, a Wii ( got rid of it and was the last home console I've ever bought). I've had a GBA, PSP 2000, 1DS Phat, 3DS Lites, 1DSi, 2 3DS ( will be buying a 3DS XL soon. BW2 looks too amazing) and a Vita. You can use that data for what ever you want, but I don't consider any of that winning or losing, because I've enjoyed each console.
---
Playing (vita): Disgaea 1&2, UMvC3, MGSHD, BBCS2 EX. PSN: Roksor.
See that? I'm actually playing my Vita. Scrubs.
#9TinyTim123Posted 10/9/2012 1:01:35 AM
According to generations of gaming here on Gamefaqs (though I count Gameboy as being with NES< not so much SNES...)
Atari2600 <- My parents won that one
NES <- that one too
Gameboy, TurboGrafX16, Super NES, GameGear, Genesis, <- had the best of many gaming worlds there
PlayStation <- Winner? I guess?
In the order in which I got them: PS2, Dreamcast, Gamecube, XBox, GameBoy Advanced SP <- I covered my bases there as well
Xbox360 (until it got jacked) DS, PSP <- covered my bases, portably at least
I have a replacement 360 (came with my new laptop), a 3DS and a Vita

So for me, it is rarely about winners and losers, it is about what is fun for me to play. Right now, I own Borderlands 2 on mt 360, don't even own a TV on which to play it, though it's hooked up at my brother's house and we play together most nights, two TVs, two 360, and Borderlands 2.

Also, my brother has a Vita and we share PSNs.

Anyway, I just get what system has the games that interest me. I got my GameCube to play multiplayer PSO locally, and pretty much that was it, until Resident Evil Zero, and REmake. I got my XBox solely for Morrowind. I got my 360 because all the franchises that used to only be on PS2 were coming out on the 360 (Tekken, Armored Core, Dynasty Warriors and so on). If a system loses, whatever, as long as it has games I like and want to play. 3DS has a future Animal Crossing game, and Vita has a future Phantasy Star Online. Quite frankly, that is good enough for me.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#10shampoowarriorPosted 10/9/2012 2:59:27 AM
N64 (loss)
GCN (loss, but not in my heart)
---
Official Alice of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
http://backloggery.com/shampoowarrior