sony are no longer leaders in the industry

#31nariusseldonPosted 10/9/2012 11:58:51 AM
Auron_Masamune posted...
Hell no, bluray is significantly more important than gaming. Thats going to put money in their pockets for literally decades. They knew damn well the PS3 wouldnt sell all that well at $600, and it didnt, but what it did do was start to put bluray players in homes, this way when they dropped the price the ball was rolling, and it worked. It completely sunk HD DVD and that was solely due to the PS3. Without it HD DVD could have won the war.

Theres no doubt that was far more important to Sony than gaming, or they would have never attempted to try and sell a $600 gaming machine.

The system cost more than $800 to produce and they sold it at a loss. Yes PS3 helped in the fight against HD DVD but it also helped that HD DVD players were hard to find and almost all of the major film companies backed Blu-ray and not HD DVD. To say games are not important to Sony is foolish. How many new IPs are Nintendo and Microsoft currently working on?Any? Sony also owns more gaming studios then Nintendo and Microsoft combined and they picked up several of them this generation.

Didn't they just close some too?
#32StrikeNinja24Posted 10/9/2012 12:02:05 PM
nariusseldon posted...
Auron_Masamune posted...
Hell no, bluray is significantly more important than gaming. Thats going to put money in their pockets for literally decades. They knew damn well the PS3 wouldnt sell all that well at $600, and it didnt, but what it did do was start to put bluray players in homes, this way when they dropped the price the ball was rolling, and it worked. It completely sunk HD DVD and that was solely due to the PS3. Without it HD DVD could have won the war.

Theres no doubt that was far more important to Sony than gaming, or they would have never attempted to try and sell a $600 gaming machine.

The system cost more than $800 to produce and they sold it at a loss. Yes PS3 helped in the fight against HD DVD but it also helped that HD DVD players were hard to find and almost all of the major film companies backed Blu-ray and not HD DVD. To say games are not important to Sony is foolish. How many new IPs are Nintendo and Microsoft currently working on?Any? Sony also owns more gaming studios then Nintendo and Microsoft combined and they picked up several of them this generation.

Didn't they just close some too?

Closed three in the past few months.

Ironicaly right after releasing a Vita game that did horrible.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#33squatch22Posted 10/9/2012 12:03:19 PM
Auron_Masamune posted...
Sony also owns more gaming studios then Nintendo and Microsoft combined

Nope.
---
''Engine isn't code...'' : Sony fan troll logic.
http://www.jc-news.com/gfx/gaf/lol/nintendo_cycle.png
#34OMG_A_PONY(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 12:13:37 PM
MetalKirbyPlush posted...
Sailor Goon posted...
You obviously havent done your research

This. They haven't been the leaders for this entire console generation.

sorry im so late to the game. thanks for correcting me. sony has been dead last this gen for a long time. no real signs of changing that.
---
if you disagree with my opinion, it is because you have brain damage.
#35AceAndJunpeiPosted 10/9/2012 12:50:46 PM
ninigoucn posted...
Without Sony, you are still playing handhold games with GBA level graphic

Uhhhh...the DS arrived before the PSP and upgraded from GBA graphics. You fail.
---
"I wouldn't be surprised if you were transgendered."-CorruptedRPG attempting to "insult"(?) me with hate speech
#36blunderminePosted 10/9/2012 12:54:30 PM
Pasha777 posted...

BTW I heard there will be some kind of Cross-Play in some Nintendo games. Sony copied that from Nintendo as well?

Nintendo's been doing this since the Gamecube / GBA
---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?
#37nariusseldonPosted 10/9/2012 12:54:32 PM
OMG_A_PONY posted...
MetalKirbyPlush posted...
Sailor Goon posted...
You obviously havent done your research

This. They haven't been the leaders for this entire console generation.

sorry im so late to the game. thanks for correcting me. sony has been dead last this gen for a long time. no real signs of changing that.

PS3 .. not the leader.
TV .. be doing quite badly.
laptop .. they are never the leader anyway.
vita ... do you really need to say anything?

.. wait .. Sony pictures .. are they are leader? The Amazing Spiderman movie wasn't bad right .. although it is not The Avenger.
#38Pasha777Posted 10/9/2012 1:35:48 PM
blundermine posted...
Pasha777 posted...

BTW I heard there will be some kind of Cross-Play in some Nintendo games. Sony copied that from Nintendo as well?

Nintendo's been doing this since the Gamecube / GBA

So you're saying I was able to play Gamecube games on the go on my GBA using the same savegame? Or play Gamecube game with my friends on my GBA while they were playing the same game on Gamecube? Didn't think so...

You're talking about Cross-Controller function of the Vita. Yeah, that's old... and worthless IMO. Who needs a separate screen for a mini-map (or other c*** like that). Seriously, one huge HDTV screen is good enough for me.
#39Starwars4JPosted 10/9/2012 1:53:18 PM
Pasha777 posted...
Who needs a separate screen for a mini-map (or other c*** like that). Seriously, one huge HDTV screen is good enough for me.

Yeah man, the DS showed that was a failed concept...
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#40Pasha777Posted 10/9/2012 2:34:38 PM
Starwars4J posted...
Pasha777 posted...
Who needs a separate screen for a mini-map (or other c*** like that). Seriously, one huge HDTV screen is good enough for me.

Yeah man, the DS showed that was a failed concept...

I was talking about cross-controller thingy (two devices: TV + handheld/controller), so no idea why you mentioned DS (one device with two screens).

However DS had a tiny screen so it needed a second one for minimaps/inventory etc. :]