I like Katmari's way of getting DLC.

#1Ki_cat_Posted 10/10/2012 2:14:56 PM
There's a lot of DLC for it but you can just unlock it (much) later with in-game rarities. More companies should do this.
---
People are afraid of what they don't understand.
#2Angemon_23Posted 10/10/2012 2:21:48 PM
IIRC, Motorstorm RC did something similar. There were plenty of paid vehicles, but there were also paid passes to unlock everything without having to play it through the game. Same for Foosball 2012, all DLC was just paying to unlock things that you would unlock as you beat opponents.

Not something i'd pay for though. Unlocking something gives me a sense of achievement, and if i have to play through a level several times to reach whatever the goal is to unlock something, it's likely i actually improve my skills in the process.
---
"Angemon_23 already rocked this topic to its very core, and everyone since is just posting in the ashes." - GradyHoover
#3paulinkPosted 10/10/2012 2:27:21 PM
I hate it. those fan damacies are really tedious to get. I would have rather just paid for them (and not the bundles namcobandai are selling).
---
cool kids hideout
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/919573-donkey-kong
#4mrekliPosted 10/10/2012 4:41:40 PM
paulink posted...
I hate it. those fan damacies are really tedious to get. I would have rather just paid for them (and not the bundles namcobandai are selling).

Doesn't it come out to two DLC packs for $5.99 (pricecheck?)

5.99USD = 20 Fan Demacys = 2 DLC unlocks?

That's not that bad of a gig. 2.50$ DLC packs.
---
Every service with a username: mrEkli. Google me if you must.
#5Ki_cat_(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2012 6:24:58 PM
It's very short stages though. The longest one is like 12 minutes.
---
People are afraid of what they don't understand.
#6paulinkPosted 10/10/2012 6:47:44 PM
mrekli posted...
paulink posted...

Doesn't it come out to two DLC packs for $5.99 (pricecheck?)

5.99USD = 20 Fan Demacys = 2 DLC unlocks?

That's not that bad of a gig. 2.50$ DLC packs.

Pretty sure it's $6.50 last time I checked. Comes out to $3.25 for each which is overpriced.

Also your math was wrong. $5.99= $3.00 per track.
---
cool kids hideout
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/919573-donkey-kong