The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Retro City Rampage is the first 8-Bit/Retro game I have ever enjoyed

#1TheExiled280Posted 10/11/2012 5:20:44 AM
Loving it so far. Anyone else feel the same?
---
Currently Playing: New Little King Story(PSV), BlazBlue CSE(PSV), Retro City Rampage(PSV), Gods Eater Burst(PSP) & Ys SEVEN(PSP)
#2Angemon_23Posted 10/11/2012 5:22:31 AM
No, i enjoyed 8-bit/retro games before.
---
"Angemon_23 already rocked this topic to its very core, and everyone since is just posting in the ashes." - GradyHoover
#3GradyHooverPosted 10/11/2012 5:23:18 AM
Seems good, but there are so many wonderful 8-bit games that are far more balanced and better overall... so no.
---
backlogger.tumblr.com - The Backlogger, where I wade through an ever-expanding backlog of video games
#4giantqtipzPosted 10/11/2012 5:28:04 AM
You've never played the original mario and megaman when you were little?
#5TheExiled280(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2012 5:28:47 AM
such as? I've only played this and Metal Gear. I tried MG on the MGS HD but I couldn't get into ir. I hate to say it but retro/8bit games usually don't catch my interest. Glad there was a demo for RCR
---
Currently Playing: New Little King Story(PSV), BlazBlue CSE(PSV), Retro City Rampage(PSV), Gods Eater Burst(PSP) & Ys SEVEN(PSP)
#6TheExiled280(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2012 5:30:20 AM
giantqtipz posted...
You've never played the original mario and megaman when you were little?

oh, yes and I forgot about those. I didn't really like Mario but I did enjoy the 8bit megaman games I played. don't remember which it was.
---
#7RotuhiiriPosted 10/11/2012 5:40:03 AM
Some platformers still hold up well like Mario, Mega Man, Wonderboy: The Dragon's Trap etc. Other than that I agree that the 8-bit generation feels aged. 16-bits on the other hand, man oh man, there is a ton of games I still love.
---
Motorola 68000 @ 7.67 MHz | Zilog Z80 @ 3.58 MHz | 64K RAM | 64K vRAM | 64 simultaneous colours on screen | 16-bit Arcade Graphics | Blast Processing
#8GradyHooverPosted 10/11/2012 5:56:38 AM
such as? I've only played this and Metal Gear.

Play Mega Man 2, Mega Man 3, Super Mario Bros. 2 (the American one - it's very unique), DuckTales, Super Mario Bros. 3, Batman Returns (Game Gear version only), Super C...

I'm trying to think of stuff that's good but not super hard in the classic NES mold. However, if you're game for super-hard titles, there's more...

Are you counting 16-bit games in here, too? Because... god... I could list those for a million years.
---
backlogger.tumblr.com - The Backlogger, where I wade through an ever-expanding backlog of video games
#9TheExiled280(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2012 5:58:10 AM
GradyHoover posted...
such as? I've only played this and Metal Gear.

Play Mega Man 2, Mega Man 3, Super Mario Bros. 2 (the American one - it's very unique), DuckTales, Super Mario Bros. 3, Batman Returns (Game Gear version only), Super C...

I'm trying to think of stuff that's good but not super hard in the classic NES mold. However, if you're game for super-hard titles, there's more...

Are you counting 16-bit games in here, too? Because... god... I could list those for a million years.

nah, just 8bit, lol. anyway thanks for the list. i look into those when done with RCR
---
#10ballsmahoneyPosted 10/11/2012 6:03:51 AM
OP is the biggest nub of all time.