Anyone just DYING to play a non kiddy RPG game with non kiddy gfx and storyline?

#51StrikeNinja24Posted 10/12/2012 11:26:13 PM
GoombaX posted...
by an xbox 360 or get a really good pc and play witcher 2, also try dragon age games.
course you could grow up and not care what people think.

In fact, go this route and pick up Lost Odyssey.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#52Spetsnaz420Posted 10/12/2012 11:38:36 PM
Maybe the term kiddy isn't a good term but I don't entirely disagree...age has nothing to do with it (including being old enough to not care). I may not have as firm a definition of what TC is saying but for example I really enjoyed the GFX style and characters from FFVIII but really disliked the GFX and characters from FFIX. While FFIX had better gameplay mechanics than FFVIII, I couldn't get into it as well because the characters bothered me. That said I had no problem playing Pokemon before that...maybe my personal issue with "kiddy" RPGs is when one tries to have a serious story but all the characters look and act like children.

Don't judge me on this too harshly...earthbound was my first RPG and to this day one of my favorites...but it didn't try to take itself too seriously
---
If you igla when you should have RPG'ed, you're gonna have a bad time
PSN: Spetsnaz420
#53xio323Posted 10/13/2012 12:16:36 AM
i went outside once. the graphics were great, but the gameplay and the storyline were terrible.
#54KarasuShiroPosted 10/13/2012 12:19:06 AM
SolidSnake2011- posted...
I would die a happy man if game companies make several RPGs with BF3 type graphics and gameplay like ME series, FF series, and Elder Scroll series with amazing storylines like MGS and ME series minus ME3's horrible ending. ME and MGS series are the closest things to perfection except ME3's ending ruined the entire series and MGS series isn't an RPG. I really hope someone with a brain in the gaming world can see that good, non kiddy graphics with an amazing story and RPG gameplay=dozens of millions of sales. I can't believe no one has figured that out that formula yet.

You'll die an unhappy man. i'm sorry.

You ask for an rpg with realistic graphics "BF3 type" wich wont allow any type of fantasy themed environement plausible, with a bastard between tps-with-rpg-elements mixed with turn based combat mixed with messy "click untill it dies or you run out of stamina for gameplay, on top of that a complex storyline mixed with plotholes all the way, down, contradictions (see me 2 expension) and you honestly think that... thing..;would make a great rpg selling at "dozens of millions"...

why not asking for michael bay and uwe boll to make a film together...?

if someone in the gaming world have the "brain" (or lack of) to think about that, i'll gladly shoot this person on the balls. if no one has "figured this formula out" its basicaly because its simply laughable...

now...please excuse me, i'll go back to playing shadow hearts and persona :D
---
"If you value life and want to see the sun set tomorrow, there's one thing you should never put in a trap: me."
The 2nd JUDGE of the Dissidia Wars.
#55NeonYoshi11Posted 10/13/2012 12:21:06 AM
liammiller18 posted...
While I don't have any issue with "kiddy" themes and graphics, I would certainly love to have an RPG along the lines you defined. Would be a great addition to the Vita. Now, if only it were financially viable...

I prefer kid style graphics as at least they are colorful.

Adult themes RPg should not mean dark and grey and black and brown.
#56Spetsnaz420Posted 10/13/2012 12:50:38 AM
xio323 posted...
i went outside once. the graphics were great, but the gameplay and the storyline were terrible.

So your life has a terrible storyline? That sucks ('~' )
---
#57kyncaniPosted 10/13/2012 4:16:25 AM
Mknzyc posted...
hustlin_pimpste posted...
The Witcher, DA:O, ME series, Fallout, etc .. there are tons of RPGs out there that have more realistic graphics, tc..

Yes there ARE tons of RPGs like these. However they are not on the VITA.

Yeah, those do not exist on the vita.
#58GeminiX7Posted 10/13/2012 5:35:19 AM
Compass posted...
Nope. Then again I'm not hopelessly insecure, so there's that.

Every time you get the urge to completely write off Compass as a whiny troll, he tends to make a statement you can agree with.

Curses! I'll get you next time, Compass!

*twirls mustache*
---
"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
#59GoombaXPosted 10/14/2012 1:14:10 AM
GeminiX7 posted...
Compass posted...

Every time you get the urge to completely write off Compass as a whiny troll, he tends to make a statement you can agree with.

*twirls mustache*

yea hes just very critical. He no troll
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#60Spetsnaz420Posted 10/14/2012 3:30:23 AM
GoombaX posted...
GeminiX7 posted...
Compass posted...

*twirls mustache*

yea hes just very critical. He no troll

So much for trusting your judgement
---