how can you tell if the Vita has failed?

#91ShadyBrad1984Posted 10/15/2012 12:07:11 AM
kcypher2000 posted...
ShadyBrad1984 posted...
fourgigman posted...
Natureboy99 posted...
we are all on our way to a future full of angry birds.

Noooooooooo...... the horror!
Could be a new Steven king book.

If the smartphone sheep get their way, all games for handheld systems will become $2 F***en shovelware.

Then why do Vita fans get so butthurt when ios gets games that they don't? Oh wait cause you are ignorant and think that just because a system has a lot of shovelware that is also has no games.

Let me educate you. Smartphones can not only play shovelware games, most of which are free and some of which are actually good, it also has a lot of exclusives, some of which suck like every other system out there but there are some great ones as well. Oh and it has ports from TWEWY to Final Fantasies to even ps1 and some psp games. However the biggest reason that smartphones will kill the Vita is because the Vita is killing itself without the exclusives to pull gamers to it and overcome its handicap of not making real calls.

Smartphones + Shovelware, yes they are 'free'(ads included), yes Epic releases decent ios games, yes SquareEnix are porting games to ios, but who really cares about Smartphone games when it does so much more than games!

The Vita has a 3g version that CAN'T make calls.

How stupid can Sony get???
---
GC_$Brad$ - Golden Crusader KI:U
3DSXL FC 2020-0186-5321
#92medmusclePosted 10/15/2012 9:44:57 PM
Perascamin posted...
Jeroisourosin posted...
Topics like these show me it failed.

topic winner

No, topic loser. Both of you.

The Vita has failed if it takes an early departure. If it is still being made and games being made for it, then the jury is still out.
---
If you want to see FF Type-0 localized, put it in your sig and go here to sign: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/project-crystallis.html
#93medmusclePosted 10/15/2012 9:53:06 PM
Natureboy99 posted...
Its way too soon to tell. But gamers WANT it to fail for basically selfish or jealous reasons. Its sad too, since Vita is basically the perfect portable core gaming machine. If it fails, that means core gaming failed, and we are all on our way to a future full of angry birds.

Exactly.

Gamers shouldn't want ANY system to fail. That is just stupid. I can go back through this thread and pick out many of the stupid people here by isolating the ones who claim it has ALREADY failed and/or the others who want it to fail. Why would any "gamer" want a superior piece of hardware to fail for third-party devs? Stupiditiy is why. There is no intelligent argument against that. For any of the systems to fail is a partial "win" for Apple.
---
If you want to see FF Type-0 localized, put it in your sig and go here to sign: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/project-crystallis.html
#94xJehodxPosted 10/15/2012 10:25:39 PM
It hasn't failed until it has been discontinued.
---
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye."
PSN - Habbalah
#95nariusseldonPosted 10/16/2012 12:49:31 PM
xJehodx posted...

Nah .. It failed when it cannot even outsold the psp.
#96yankee6903Posted 10/16/2012 12:51:05 PM
nariusseldon posted...
xJehodx posted...

So when the 3ds was not outselling the ds the first few months it also failed?
---
PSN: Houseof1kCorpzes GT:Housof1kCorpses
I am not a Republican or a Democrat, I am a conservative
#97AceAndJunpeiPosted 10/16/2012 12:54:41 PM
yankee6903 posted...
nariusseldon posted...
xJehodx posted...

So when the 3ds was not outselling the ds the first few months it also failed?

Actually, yes, it was widely considered a failure, hence the price drop. Could you possibly derp a little more?
---
"I wouldn't be surprised if you were transgendered."-CorruptedRPG attempting to "insult"(?) me with hate speech
#98Mr_BurgenerPosted 10/16/2012 1:04:00 PM
I decided to buy a new handheld last week and went with the psp over the vita simply because vita didn't have any games I was interested in (while the psp has a list a mile long). Maybe when they release more games for the vita it will rebound, but considering I just bought a new handheld I know I won't be buying a vita now. That's where the failure comes in.
#99n0matterPosted 10/16/2012 1:05:50 PM
What's with all of the deflection? I swear, the moment anyone says anything anti-Vita, Sony fans have to bring the 3DS into the pictures. "What do you mean the Vita is failing?! The 3DS didn't sell well at first either!!1"

Yeah, no kidding, and that's why they dropped the price by $80. They also managed to release some AAA titles within just a few months of the price drop. And right before the 2011 holiday season. It was perfect marketing execution. So why would you compare the Vita to that when Sony is blatantly refusing to adjust the price or produce quality titles within the same time frame?

So like, two years from now, when the Vita has sold 6 million worldwide, are people still going to be referencing the 3DS and it's lousy first six months of sales? Seriously, this makes no sense to me. And yet Vita fans constantly complain about people talking about the 3DS on here...you do it to yourselves.
---
76.322 to 70.744 is a 70% drop. - Sailor Goon
#100Jon_GodPosted 10/16/2012 2:05:58 PM
Wait, somehow Gravity Rush, and LittleBigPlanet aren't noteworthy?

News to me.

-JG
---
PS3 Fan, but doesn't mind other systems. PSN: Jon_God, XBL: Ernie the Bear
http://savemgo.com/forums/