any point in owning a vita (got a free one)

#1RPGMaster95Posted 11/2/2012 10:06:32 PM
so i got a free vita new in box and the more research i do the less i wanna open it...

Gamestop has like 8 up and coming games for it but its nothing but PS3 ports and a PS2 port... So far the system doesnt have a single game thats metacriticd at least a 9.0...

I guess AC3L was supposed to be a killer app but was simply ok....

So fanboys asside any hope for this thing? Any point in owning it in addition to every current gaming system?
---
Hey I did a New Super Mario Bros 2 Video Review:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvse_9_Hl9g&feature=youtu.be
#2Tough_BalloonsPosted 11/2/2012 10:12:54 PM
yeah, potential. PS3 and PSP turned out great too.
---
Because normal balloons just weren't tough enough.
#3DemonDog666Posted 11/2/2012 10:15:52 PM
So you are using metacritic scores to determine if a game is good really? You do realize "professional" reviews suck and are comparing vita games to ps3 ones where 3DS ones are compared to DS ones...

Since I assume you like rpgs from your user name I will paste this from another post of mine.

Vita is getting Atelier Totori Plus: The Adventurer of Arland, Final Fantasy X HD, Persona 4: Golden, a Shin Megami Tensei game, the tales of games like you said, The Legend of Heroes game, Warrior's Lair, Dragon's Crown, Ys game, God Eater 2, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, Phantasy Star Online 2, rainbow moon and I know for a fact level 5 and marvelous entertainment have unannounced rpgs in the works and I'm sure there's more

Not to mention Ragnarok Odyssey, little king sequel and disgaea 3 which vita already has
#4XphoenixedgeXPosted 11/2/2012 10:25:47 PM
RPGMaster95 posted...
so i got a free vita new in box and the more research i do the less i wanna open it...

Gamestop has like 8 up and coming games for it but its nothing but PS3 ports and a PS2 port... So far the system doesnt have a single game thats metacriticd at least a 9.0...

I guess AC3L was supposed to be a killer app but was simply ok....

So fanboys asside any hope for this thing? Any point in owning it in addition to every current gaming system?

Seems like you rely too much on other peoples opinions. Worrying about Metacritic scores and looking to people on game board to make a decision for you.
How about you do whatever you want with it. No one here can predict the future and tell you what position the Vita will be in a year from now.
#5pikachupwnagePosted 11/2/2012 10:27:50 PM
Plenty of good games if you have an open mind.

Great system just like 3DS.

I suggest you own both.

Bask in the glory of TWO handhelds and experience the rich experiences of both!

I recommend

Gravity rush
Uncharted golden abyss
Wipeout 2048
Rayman origins
Super stardust delta

Among others for vita.
---
"Let's get comfortable in these nice comfy chairs."
Official electric boogaloo mint scoop with a cherry on top of the IDF
#6RPGMaster95(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2012 10:27:51 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
So you are using metacritic scores to determine if a game is good really? You do realize "professional" reviews suck and are comparing vita games to ps3 ones where 3DS ones are compared to DS ones...

Since I assume you like rpgs from your user name I will paste this from another post of mine.

Vita is getting Atelier Totori Plus: The Adventurer of Arland, Final Fantasy X HD, Persona 4: Golden, a Shin Megami Tensei game, the tales of games like you said, The Legend of Heroes game, Warrior's Lair, Dragon's Crown, Ys game, God Eater 2, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, Phantasy Star Online 2, rainbow moon and I know for a fact level 5 and marvelous entertainment have unannounced rpgs in the works and I'm sure there's more

Not to mention Ragnarok Odyssey, little king sequel and disgaea 3 which vita already has

Damn right i use critics as part of my buying process. The simple fact that not a single vita game has wowed critics is concerning.

Also most of those RPGs you listed are PSP, PS2, and PS3 titles. And a Wii port??

Seriously Monster Hunter and Fire Emblem alone solo that list of RPG ports...
---
#7CrepitantPosted 11/2/2012 10:29:55 PM
If you're sticking to games that have a 9/10 and above according to metacritic, don't open it.
#8DemonDog666Posted 11/2/2012 10:30:46 PM
RPGMaster95 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...

Damn right i use critics as part of my buying process. The simple fact that not a single vita game has wowed critics is concerning.

Also most of those RPGs you listed are PSP, PS2, and PS3 titles. And a Wii port??

There are over 6 exclusives in that list, there's something called sequels but you just assume they are ports which makes you a troll in my book and considering critics are wowed by an n64 port on the 3DS I wouldn't put much faith in them. Like I said they are reviewing the games like they are on ps3 not a handheld.
#9XphoenixedgeXPosted 11/2/2012 10:31:14 PM
RPGMaster95 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...

Well then buy a 3DS if you dont have one already and stop complaining about the lack of critically aclaimed games on the Vita.
Do you only view 4 star movies as well?
#10RPGMaster95(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2012 10:34:31 PM
Crepitant posted...
If you're sticking to games that have a 9/10 and above according to metacritic, don't open it.

not sticking to... but a killer app would be nice.

My biggest problem is the lack of original games. I own everything since NES, so i can already play over 90% of the "good" games on the Vita.

I got MGS Collection and Uncharted with it... But honestly id rather play both these on a console... :/
---