any point in owning a vita (got a free one)

#11AceAndJunpeiPosted 11/2/2012 10:35:53 PM
A.) it's doubtful that you got a free Vita.

B.) getting a free Vita is a reason to own a Vita.
---
"I wouldn't be surprised if you were transgendered."-CorruptedRPG attempting to "insult"(?) me with hate speech
#12RPGMaster95(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2012 10:38:39 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
RPGMaster95 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
So you are using metacritic scores to determine if a game is good really? You do realize "professional" reviews suck and are comparing vita games to ps3 ones where 3DS ones are compared to DS ones...

Since I assume you like rpgs from your user name I will paste this from another post of mine.

Vita is getting Atelier Totori Plus: The Adventurer of Arland, Final Fantasy X HD, Persona 4: Golden, a Shin Megami Tensei game, the tales of games like you said, The Legend of Heroes game, Warrior's Lair, Dragon's Crown, Ys game, God Eater 2, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, Phantasy Star Online 2, rainbow moon and I know for a fact level 5 and marvelous entertainment have unannounced rpgs in the works and I'm sure there's more

Not to mention Ragnarok Odyssey, little king sequel and disgaea 3 which vita already has

Damn right i use critics as part of my buying process. The simple fact that not a single vita game has wowed critics is concerning.

Also most of those RPGs you listed are PSP, PS2, and PS3 titles. And a Wii port??

Seriously Monster Hunter and Fire Emblem alone solo that list of RPG ports...

There are over 6 exclusives in that list, there's something called sequels but you just assume they are ports which makes you a troll in my book and considering critics are wowed by an n64 port on the 3DS I wouldn't put much faith in them. Like I said they are reviewing the games like they are on ps3 not a handheld.

so you list 5ish ports and then bash critics for loving a superior remake of one of the greatest games of all time?

And blame sony for claiming this is a portable PS3 when its not.
---
Hey I did a New Super Mario Bros 2 Video Review:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvse_9_Hl9g&feature=youtu.be
#13DemonDog666Posted 11/2/2012 10:39:37 PM
RPGMaster95 posted...
Crepitant posted...
If you're sticking to games that have a 9/10 and above according to metacritic, don't open it.

not sticking to... but a killer app would be nice.

My biggest problem is the lack of original games. I own everything since NES, so i can already play over 90% of the "good" games on the Vita.

I got MGS Collection and Uncharted with it... But honestly id rather play both these on a console... :/

Nothing unique? Gravity Rush, Unit 13, Ragnarok Odyssey, Dynasty Warriors Next, Escape Plan, LittleBigPlanet PS Vita, Reality Fighters, Little Deviants ect.

Vita has more unique games of any console or handheld it's age, you are just trolling aren't you.
#14RPGMaster95(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2012 10:41:10 PM
XphoenixedgeX posted...
RPGMaster95 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
So you are using metacritic scores to determine if a game is good really? You do realize "professional" reviews suck and are comparing vita games to ps3 ones where 3DS ones are compared to DS ones...

Since I assume you like rpgs from your user name I will paste this from another post of mine.

Vita is getting Atelier Totori Plus: The Adventurer of Arland, Final Fantasy X HD, Persona 4: Golden, a Shin Megami Tensei game, the tales of games like you said, The Legend of Heroes game, Warrior's Lair, Dragon's Crown, Ys game, God Eater 2, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, Phantasy Star Online 2, rainbow moon and I know for a fact level 5 and marvelous entertainment have unannounced rpgs in the works and I'm sure there's more

Not to mention Ragnarok Odyssey, little king sequel and disgaea 3 which vita already has

Damn right i use critics as part of my buying process. The simple fact that not a single vita game has wowed critics is concerning.

Also most of those RPGs you listed are PSP, PS2, and PS3 titles. And a Wii port??

Well then buy a 3DS if you dont have one already and stop complaining about the lack of critically aclaimed games on the Vita.
Do you only view 4 star movies as well?

Got a 3DS and LOVE it!

And again its the lack of Vita exclusives combined with low scores.
---
#15DemonDog666Posted 11/2/2012 10:42:26 PM(edited)
RPGMaster95 posted...
so you list 5ish ports and then bash critics for loving a superior remake of one of the greatest games of all time?

You bash ports and pretend sequels/spin offs are ports then praise a port? Tagged as Troll.

No I'll blame reviewers for not doing their job and give them a red bull so they jump out the window to their deaths since they'll believe it can give you wings.
#16XphoenixedgeXPosted 11/2/2012 10:42:50 PM
RPGMaster95 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
RPGMaster95 posted...
DemonDog666 posted...

There are over 6 exclusives in that list, there's something called sequels but you just assume they are ports which makes you a troll in my book and considering critics are wowed by an n64 port on the 3DS I wouldn't put much faith in them. Like I said they are reviewing the games like they are on ps3 not a handheld.

And this is where you stumble my friend...
You're starting to show your true colors.
I wouldnt be surprised if you made your story up about acquiring a free Vita to mask your true intentions..
#17RPGMaster95(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2012 10:43:24 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
RPGMaster95 posted...
Crepitant posted...
If you're sticking to games that have a 9/10 and above according to metacritic, don't open it.

My biggest problem is the lack of original games. I own everything since NES, so i can already play over 90% of the "good" games on the Vita.

I got MGS Collection and Uncharted with it... But honestly id rather play both these on a console... :/

Nothing unique? Gravity Rush, Unit 13, Ragnarok Odyssey, Dynasty Warriors Next, Escape Plan, LittleBigPlanet PS Vita, Reality Fighters, Little Deviants ect.

Vita has more unique games of any console or handheld it's age, you are just trolling aren't you.

and none of those appeal to me, guess that my problem
---
#18XphoenixedgeXPosted 11/2/2012 10:43:52 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
RPGMaster95 posted...
Crepitant posted...

It's so obvious now.
#19JoeHigashi2000Posted 11/2/2012 10:44:19 PM
Don't open then. That simple. You seem so strongly against it and nobody here can make you do something you don't want to do.

Even at gunpoint it ultimately comes down to you wanting to comply or not.
---
GT: J03HIG45HI PSN PS3/Vita: JoeHigashi2000 3DS FC: 0817-3804-7210
#20RPGMaster95(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2012 10:46:27 PM
AceAndJunpei posted...
A.) it's doubtful that you got a free Vita.

B.) getting a free Vita is a reason to own a Vita.

actually not only did Sony give away a boat load of Vitas at launch via taco bell, but they gave away over 5,000 free vitas to a certain company in a desperate attempt to get customers.
---