any point in owning a vita (got a free one)

#41Spetsnaz420Posted 11/3/2012 2:44:45 AM
nedrith posted...
With that said I find just as many decent games on the VITA as on the 3DS, not counting remakes/ports Sure sites might of rated LoZ:OOT highly, but does that mater when I have the original N64 version and 2 gamecube versions that I got for free from special offers. I'd rather pop in the GC disc into my Wii than play the remake on the 3ds, not to mention spend 20-30 to buy that same remake.

I have to wonder...why does everyone say oh remake/port as a valid argument against a game? Does any of it matter if that's the system you wanted it on? Some of 3DS's best games are enhanced ports like Starfox 64 etc... Chances are if it was a bad game it wouldn't have gotten recoded for a newer system. Also a game franchise being out for a long time isn't a bad thing either...Mario is an excellent example of this...for better or worse, these games sell and that's why they keep getting made.
---
Both pokemon and Digimon are inspired by the japanese tradition of making bugs kill each other.
PSN: Spetsnaz420
#42CrazyFunkyMasaoPosted 11/3/2012 2:48:45 AM
LuminescentRule posted...
TC, do you only play games that have 90+ on metacritic?

You could at least read the first page before you post. Do it and your question will be answered.
---
"Screen Size = Resolution." - jairusmonillas
#43NathanisDrakePosted 11/3/2012 2:54:03 AM
nedrith posted...
Meh it's gamefaqs, I swear this site has more trolls like the OP than actual intelligent posters. But for those who do read:

3DS is going to have a lot more upcoming titles, Nintendo systems tend to have a lot of shovelware coming to them

ITP: Castlevania, Monster Hunter, Etrian Odyssey, Bravely Default, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, etc. are shovelware.
---
[=[3ds]=]
[o+[__].::]
+ (+.[VITA].::) = *EXPLODES*
#44Skul_Posted 11/3/2012 2:56:18 AM
If it was free, keep it.
---
"Screen Size = Resolution."- jairusmonillas
If you believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and are 100% proud of it, put this as your sig
#45NathanisDrakePosted 11/3/2012 3:00:00 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
Vita is getting Atelier Totori Plus: The Adventurer of Arland, Final Fantasy X HD, Persona 4: Golden, a Shin Megami Tensei game, the tales of games like you said, The Legend of Heroes game, Warrior's Lair, Dragon's Crown, Ys game, God Eater 2, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, Phantasy Star Online 2, rainbow moon and I know for a fact level 5 and marvelous entertainment have unannounced rpgs in the works and I'm sure there's more

It's funny that you had to pad the list with vaporware and ports.See TC, if you bothered to count, 9 out of 11 of those games are ports and/or multiplats.
---
[=[3ds]=]
#46LuminescentRulePosted 11/3/2012 3:00:56 AM
TC, do you only play games that have 90+ on metacritic?

You could at least read the first page before you post. Do it and your question will be answered.

Yeps. My question is still valid. Seems like a troll topic to be honest.
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/EmperorLawlight.png
#47LHS_2012Posted 11/3/2012 3:10:06 AM
The way I see it: the biggest problem with the Vita is that there isn't a big reason to buy one. There are a lot of good games for it already, but none of them make me and most other consumers think "Hey, I'm ready to drop $250 plus $40 for the game and at least $20 for a memory card."

However, if you already have a Vita, why not explore a bit? Check out some PSP/PSX games, try some demoes and see what you like. Selling hardware is never a wise idea, especially new hardware. Even though I agree that the Vita's poor sales presence makes me uncertain for its future, I would still say I wouldn't sell one if I got it for free.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_N_WTiMga4
#48nclrwntrPosted 11/3/2012 3:45:39 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
So you are using metacritic scores to determine if a game is good really? You do realize "professional" reviews suck and are comparing vita games to ps3 ones where 3DS ones are compared to DS ones...

Since I assume you like rpgs from your user name I will paste this from another post of mine.

Vita is getting Atelier Totori Plus: The Adventurer of Arland, Final Fantasy X HD, Persona 4: Golden, a Shin Megami Tensei game, the tales of games like you said, The Legend of Heroes game, Warrior's Lair, Dragon's Crown, Ys game, God Eater 2, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, Phantasy Star Online 2, rainbow moon and I know for a fact level 5 and marvelous entertainment have unannounced rpgs in the works and I'm sure there's more

Not to mention Ragnarok Odyssey, little king sequel and disgaea 3 which vita already has

You do realize that if 100 reviewers say a game is a 7/10 it means it's just above average/good right? It's not just one review. If 100 reviewers say a game is 9/10, chances are it's a great game.

You're all up in arms over the RO score but look at it objectively. The game has serious problems, and if you're not a hardcore player who loves the grinding and fighting the same enemies over and over in the same areas with nothing but loot to push you forward, the game is garbage. There isn't even character progression from killing said enemies over and over.

I love Asura's Wrath, but I can objectively say it's not a game for everyone and has a lot of flaws. The meta average of 70% is just about right, even though I'd rate it higher. I'm perfectly fine with that score because I know what kind of game it is.
#49LuminescentRulePosted 11/3/2012 4:26:04 AM
You do realize that if 100 reviewers say a game is a 7/10 it means it's just above average/good right? It's not just one review. If 100 reviewers say a game is 9/10, chances are it's a great game.

You're all up in arms over the RO score but look at it objectively. The game has serious problems, and if you're not a hardcore player who loves the grinding and fighting the same enemies over and over in the same areas with nothing but loot to push you forward, the game is garbage. There isn't even character progression from killing said enemies over and over.

I love Asura's Wrath, but I can objectively say it's not a game for everyone and has a lot of flaws. The meta average of 70% is just about right, even though I'd rate it higher. I'm perfectly fine with that score because I know what kind of game it is.

Except that Ragnarok Odyssey did not get 7/10 across the board. On metacritic right now, out of 4 reviews, I'm seeing 1 9 and 1 8. So, who to believe?
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/EmperorLawlight.png
#50NathanisDrakePosted 11/3/2012 4:29:43 AM

Except that Ragnarok Odyssey did not get 7/10 across the board. On metacritic right now, out of 4 reviews, I'm seeing 1 9 and 1 8. So, who to believe?

Except the 9 is from JIM STERLING.Why do you want to believe him all of a sudden? I thought he didn't matter when he gave Gravity Rush a low score.
---
[=[3ds]=]