any point in owning a vita (got a free one)

#61kuehnauPosted 11/4/2012 12:41:32 AM
RPGMaster95 posted...
so i got a free vita new in box and the more research i do the less i wanna open it...

Gamestop has like 8 up and coming games for it but its nothing but PS3 ports and a PS2 port... So far the system doesnt have a single game thats metacriticd at least a 9.0...

I guess AC3L was supposed to be a killer app but was simply ok....

So fanboys asside any hope for this thing? Any point in owning it in addition to every current gaming system?

That's a really good question. I picked up a used Vita and a game last week and as of right now I am having buyer's remorse.

I actually really enjoyed Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3, it's a well built game and it looks good.

Further the Vita is a pretty solid handheld.

But beyond that, I am starting to wonder if I invested my money well at all. It's no secret Sony is hemorrhaging right now and aren't so well off. Sony also admitted it's been hard work getting 3rd party developers on board with their hardware. Add in the fact that sales for the Vita has been downright deplorable.

When you look at what kind of franchises Sony has worked with in the past and what games have actually been released, it is kind of alarming and even a little disappointing how small and limited the software library is.

And as is, right now, besides UMVC3, there's nothing I really want to spend money on, even though I am hungry to get some new games.

It all makes me wonder if the Vita is just going to be another Sega Dreamcast.

If you keep it in the box, you aren't going to get as much as you'd like. I don't really see any advantage of not opening it up and playing with it. And since you got it for free anyways, it's not like you'd be loosing out on anything anyways.
#62XphoenixedgeXPosted 11/4/2012 12:44:26 AM
LOL @ people responding to this guy seriously.
UM HELLO..did you even bother to read the thread?
He was attempting to stealth troll and he got exposed pretty quick.
#63RPGMaster95(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2012 12:47:46 AM
XphoenixedgeX posted...
LOL @ people responding to this guy seriously.
UM HELLO..did you even bother to read the thread?
He was attempting to stealth troll and he got exposed pretty quick.

lol at people overanalyzing
---
Hey I did a New Super Mario Bros 2 Video Review:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvse_9_Hl9g&feature=youtu.be
#64UniversquallPosted 11/4/2012 1:00:00 AM
Which Uncharted port did you get with it. 1,2 or 3?
---
After the Fallout
#65RPGMaster95(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2012 1:03:26 AM
Universquall posted...
Which Uncharted port did you get with it. 1,2 or 3?

lol i got golden abyss. im aware its not a port but seeing as im behind on that series and have hardly touched it i have little motivation to play the weak spinoff when i simply need to make time for 1, 2, 3
---
Hey I did a New Super Mario Bros 2 Video Review:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvse_9_Hl9g&feature=youtu.be
#66UniversquallPosted 11/4/2012 1:12:21 AM
RPGMaster95 posted...
lol i got golden abyss. im aware its not a port but seeing as im behind on that series and have hardly touched it i have little motivation to play the weak spinoff when i simply need to make time for 1, 2, 3

Which part that you've played do you consider weak?
---
After the Fallout
#67kuehnauPosted 11/4/2012 1:14:52 AM
Universquall posted...
RPGMaster95 posted...

There was plenty of complaints about Golden Abyss. enough to the point where I won't even consider buying it used.

1. Terrible Frame Rates
2. Forced Touch Screen play elements that detract from actual game.
3. Terrible combat and aiming
#68CrepitantPosted 11/4/2012 1:34:27 AM
kuehnau posted...
Universquall posted...
RPGMaster95 posted...

There was plenty of complaints about Golden Abyss. enough to the point where I won't even consider buying it used.

1. Terrible Frame Rates

1 is total bs -> zero framerate issues (srsly wtf)
2 yes, but they're quite minor.
3 total bs, though the reticule on some of the handguns are slightly too large, making headshots difficult at times.
#69kuehnauPosted 11/4/2012 1:37:04 AM
Crepitant posted...
kuehnau posted...
Universquall posted...
RPGMaster95 posted...

1. Terrible Frame Rates

1 is total bs -> zero framerate issues (srsly wtf)
2 yes, but they're quite minor.
3 total bs, though the reticule on some of the handguns are slightly too large, making headshots difficult at times.

If you say so, it's enough for me not to want to spend any serious cash on it. Maybe if I can get a print for $10.00
#70CrepitantPosted 11/4/2012 1:48:57 AM
kuehnau posted...

If you say so, it's enough for me not to want to spend any serious cash on it. Maybe if I can get a print for $10.00

lol okay

well you've been duped.