Have you ever bought a console you didn't like?

#31Dynamo128Posted 11/3/2012 2:48:48 PM
I don't really "dislike" it so to speak, but the one I became most disappointed with was definitely the Dreamcast. Everyone loves the system but I think it's terribly overrated. Not only I can get most of its games for other systems, but the few original titles are nothing to write home about either. I own about 30 games or so and have found none that's truly compelling. I bought the japanese model and it's nice for collection purposes, but all it does is collect dust alongside the gamecube. My favourite game on it is Zero Gunner 2, but I could have just emulated it on PC. Oh well.
#32Azure_lKitePosted 11/3/2012 3:02:04 PM
Yes, the DSi.
To be honest, it was a gift, but I was never impressed with the system and what's so good about it.

People say it has a phenomenal library, but I just can't see it. Apart from Pokemon, SRT and 999 there weren't any games I really liked on that system, there's a TON of shovelware, Mario games didn't appeal to me at all, and I felt like most games that were supposed to be good were designed for kids.

Nowadays I literally use it as a weight so my game/movie cases get stable on the shelf.
---
"It's a tradition unique to JRPG fanbases to discuss the virginity of characters." - SetsunaFSeiiei
BBCP HYYYYYPE
#33UilnslcoapPosted 11/3/2012 3:12:10 PM
I've owned: NES/SNES/Genesis/N64/PS2/Gamecube/Xbox/360/Wii/PS3. I don't regret buying those I've bought or regret owning any of those that I got as gifts, but the two I've found the least use for over time are the Wii and the Genesis.
#34Xevnest24Posted 11/3/2012 3:22:54 PM
I honestly regret getting the PSP. There were never any games I wanted for it, or REALLY enjoyed playing. The battery was crappy, and the memory sticks, when they first came out, were outrageously expensive. (I remember a 1 GB stick costing 100 dollars.)

Now I just want to sell the thing and all the games I have for it, but no one I know wants them and I'm afraid to trade it all into Gamestop, after hearing so many horror stories of how people get royally ripped off there.

For the past few years it's just been a hunk of plastic, sitting in a drawer with various game console hookups, gathering dust.
#35CBratePosted 11/3/2012 3:29:39 PM
No. But then I came perilously close to getting an iPad.
---
To all the trolls out there, I have 158 users on my ignore list. Come at me. My list needs to grow...
The latest ignoree: pabIito
#36Virus66Posted 11/3/2012 3:32:54 PM
360. I bought it in anticipation for a game or two and thought it would be a perfect compliment. It turned out to have nothing I wanted and to only cause me years of discomfort and money loss. Nothing about it was good. I think the only reason people think they like it is because everyone they know plays it and they think THEY like it. Bandwagoning you know?
---
PSN: JVir
Smash Bros Mains- Samus, Ness, Pit
#37Virus66Posted 11/3/2012 3:34:04 PM
FKRW4Life posted...
MetroidHunter13 posted...
ps2, but it had one of my favorite games on that console and no others.

Why does Jimmy The Rev Sullivan sound familiar?

The Rev was the drummer for Avenged Sevenfold.
---
PSN: JVir
Smash Bros Mains- Samus, Ness, Pit
#38mrekliPosted 11/3/2012 3:40:48 PM
Had to be the PSP, but I don't have one anymore. It made me so frustrated with Sony products that I thought I was a loyalist until the Vita came out. The Vita actually drove me to get a PS3. Still hate the XMB but... at least it's not the PSP. The PSP just had horrible controls and ugh the XMB....
---
Every service with a username: mrEkli. Google me if you must.
#39ZhalferPosted 11/3/2012 4:16:25 PM
Wii I totally regretted buying a brand new Wii
---
The Secret of Mana
PSN ID:Pupu_22
#40MegaMettaurPosted 11/3/2012 4:19:44 PM
Azure_lKite posted...
Yes, the DSi.
To be honest, it was a gift, but I was never impressed with the system and what's so good about it.

People say it has a phenomenal library, but I just can't see it. Apart from Pokemon, SRT and 999 there weren't any games I really liked on that system, there's a TON of shovelware, Mario games didn't appeal to me at all, and I felt like most games that were supposed to be good were designed for kids.

Nowadays I literally use it as a weight so my game/movie cases get stable on the shelf.

Most of the good games payable dsi were out of print by the time it came out.
---
Playing (vita): Disgaea 1&2, UMvC3, MGSHD, BBCS2 EX. PSN: Roksor.
See that? I'm actually playing my Vita. Scrubs.