Is it really as bad as people are saying it is?

#31Angemon_23Posted 11/4/2012 5:05:56 AM
people are calling the Vita the next dreamcast....

People who actually own a Dreamcast see that as a compliment.
---
"Angemon_23 already rocked this topic to its very core, and everyone since is just posting in the ashes." - GradyHoover
#32singhellotakuPosted 11/4/2012 5:19:29 AM
Well the dreamcasts problem was a complete lack of games so...yes it is the next dreamcast.
#33TheDarkNerdPosted 11/4/2012 5:23:35 AM
Didn't Sony tout the Vita as a portable PS3 though? This early in its life, it's supposed to have no gaems.
---
http://i39.tinypic.com/xnar69.gif
#34Jprime666Posted 11/4/2012 5:28:46 AM
MidgardDragon99 posted...
3. Both platforms the game library was lacking.

Anyone with half a brain is fully aware that this is no longer the case for the Vita.

Yes, full of ports and spin-offs that arent as good as the source material.
---
Eh- Sexy Lady oh oh oh oh
#35Reginleif20Posted 11/4/2012 5:55:43 AM
ToastyAnakin posted...
I can't believe people are calling the Vita the next dreamcast....

is there any way for sony to fix this?

A better game library
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#36ikkicutePosted 11/4/2012 5:57:37 AM
well at some other planet of vita message board, a guy said that the ipad mini is better than the vita, blah blah blah selling more on its first week that what the vita sold in its life blah blah blah. well unless the vita has a grand theft auto, and has adobe support, yup I think it is bad, don't buy it. There I said it. Also, in my life time, I ONLY SEEN A DREAMCAST ONCE, played a super robot wars game, on a mall.

Also all of us differ on what games we like, even if the vita has increasing library of games, for me, that is still pointless, since there are very few games on the vita that seeks my interest, around only 3.
#37Reginleif20Posted 11/4/2012 5:59:54 AM
ikkicute posted...
well at some other planet of vita message board, a guy said that the ipad mini is better than the vita, blah blah blah selling more on its first week that what the vita sold in its life blah blah blah. well unless the vita has a grand theft auto, and has adobe support, yup I think it is bad, don't buy it. There I said it. Also, in my life time, I ONLY SEEN A DREAMCAST ONCE, played a super robot wars game, on a mall.

Also all of us differ on what games we like, even if the vita has increasing library of games, for me, that is still pointless, since there are very few games on the vita that seeks my interest, around only 3.

Oh those cute apple sheep
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#38MuhammadJAPosted 11/4/2012 6:05:12 AM
It's only bad because it's not selling well. Everything else is top class; games, hardware, online, ui...
---
Welcome to GameFAQs, home of the Drama Queens.
Where you can get modded for stating your opinion.
#39RagnarokxvPosted 11/4/2012 6:06:49 AM
Calling the Vita the next Dreamcast is a major insult.
To the Dreamcast.
---
Did I say that, or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me??
#40deathpapayaPosted 11/4/2012 6:09:22 AM(edited)
MARKINGRAM22 posted...
kuehnau posted...
MidgardDragon99 posted...
3. Both platforms the game library was lacking.

Anyone with half a brain is fully aware that this is no longer the case for the Vita.

That's a matter of opinion you condescending queef.

I picked up Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 and I enjoyed it, but I am already getting tired of it.
There are very few big name titles be announced.

And all of the 3rd party support is "meh" at best.

I am not the only person saying this.

Considering the cost of the games, especially handheld portable games, I am going to be much more selective in what I buy. And according to most review scores for most games, most of them aren't worth my time even buying them used.

Now go choke on a bottle of pills.

MGS HD collection, LBP, Street Fighter X Tekken, Mortal Combat, AC, Uncharted, Zero Escape, etc. Not to mention one of the best RPG's ever Persona 4 is about to come out with tons of upgrades and extras and it has an enhanced version of tales of Hearts and FFX coming out...seems like a pretty decent library for being out less than a year the 3ds, ds, and psp where way behind the vita in terms of game library. And lol at just looking at game scores...and there are alot of high scores besides that.

Better on console, better on console, better on console, better on console, better on console, better on console also on 3DS, also on PS2. FFXHD barely even exists.

Anything else? You missed the only decent answer, which would have been Gravity Rush, nothing like it anywhere else.
---
XBL: Genophia PSN: Emophia/Kitikat Steam ID: Emophia