Is it really as bad as people are saying it is?

#41Pueojit2Posted 11/4/2012 7:07:49 AM
Well calling it the next dream cast implies that the vita is one of the greatest consoles ever
#42JP_SartrePosted 11/4/2012 7:08:50 AM
Angemon_23 posted...
people are calling the Vita the next dreamcast....

People who actually own a Dreamcast see that as a compliment.

^^^ So much this. Like calling me the King of England. My DC is still hooked up and still gets played.
---
"The Virtual Boy didn't fail. We failed the Virtual Boy"
-fallenKlNG
#43Jprime666Posted 11/4/2012 7:11:58 AM
And that it's a huge failure.
---
Eh- Sexy Lady oh oh oh oh
#44MuhammadJAPosted 11/4/2012 7:12:25 AM
deathpapaya posted...
MARKINGRAM22 posted...
kuehnau posted...
MidgardDragon99 posted...
3. Both platforms the game library was lacking.

Anyone with half a brain is fully aware that this is no longer the case for the Vita.

That's a matter of opinion you condescending queef.

I picked up Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 and I enjoyed it, but I am already getting tired of it.
There are very few big name titles be announced.

And all of the 3rd party support is "meh" at best.

I am not the only person saying this.

Considering the cost of the games, especially handheld portable games, I am going to be much more selective in what I buy. And according to most review scores for most games, most of them aren't worth my time even buying them used.

Now go choke on a bottle of pills.

MGS HD collection, LBP, Street Fighter X Tekken, Mortal Combat, AC, Uncharted, Zero Escape, etc. Not to mention one of the best RPG's ever Persona 4 is about to come out with tons of upgrades and extras and it has an enhanced version of tales of Hearts and FFX coming out...seems like a pretty decent library for being out less than a year the 3ds, ds, and psp where way behind the vita in terms of game library. And lol at just looking at game scores...and there are alot of high scores besides that.

Better on console, better on console, better on console, better on console, also on 3DS, also on PS2. FFXHD barely even exists.

Anything else?

You sound like those games are disastrous or unplayable. BTW, not everyone has a Vita and a home console. For me though, these games are great because I only have a Vita and a gaming PC.
---
Welcome to GameFAQs, home of the Drama Queens.
Where you can get modded for stating your opinion.
#45vecrynPosted 11/4/2012 7:16:25 AM
ZzUniversezZ posted...
PS Vita isn't console.

it's a hand held "console" so whether or not you hold it or not, it's still a console
#46L0L_FAQPosted 11/4/2012 7:25:24 AM
is there any way for sony to fix this?

No. They can either choose to keep the Vita a successful financial venture or a successful product. At present, they choose to do the former so that the latter may take place.
---
http://i.imgur.com/vpXc3.png http://i.imgur.com/lljy5.jpg
"L0L_FAQ is one of the reasons I even read the forums any more" - CJayC
#47SilverWingZetaPosted 11/4/2012 7:34:36 AM
MARKINGRAM22 posted...
kuehnau posted...
MidgardDragon99 posted...
3. Both platforms the game library was lacking.

Anyone with half a brain is fully aware that this is no longer the case for the Vita.

That's a matter of opinion you condescending queef.

I picked up Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 and I enjoyed it, but I am already getting tired of it.
There are very few big name titles be announced.

And all of the 3rd party support is "meh" at best.

I am not the only person saying this.

Considering the cost of the games, especially handheld portable games, I am going to be much more selective in what I buy. And according to most review scores for most games, most of them aren't worth my time even buying them used.

Now go choke on a bottle of pills.

MGS HD collection, LBP, Street Fighter X Tekken, Mortal Combat, AC, Uncharted, Zero Escape, etc. Not to mention one of the best RPG's ever Persona 4 is about to come out with tons of upgrades and extras and it has an enhanced version of tales of Hearts and FFX coming out...seems like a pretty decent library for being out less than a year the 3ds, ds, and psp where way behind the vita in terms of game library. And lol at just looking at game scores...and there are alot of high scores besides that.

From what I see on the Vita it's pretty much ports, remakes and sequels from other systems, nothing the Vita can claim it's own. Nothing that started on that system for that system. Hell not even a sequel that changed the convention of a past game. No one should define a system on ports and remakes, but what it brings to the table with that said I consider Ragnarok Odyssey and Unit 13 pretty good.

The issue with the system is lack of marketing for what the system is. The PSP had the same issue, if I didn't know it was a game system I would have thought it was a media player.
---
Gamefaqs seems to full of nothing but butthurt babies sometimes.
#48NathanisDrakePosted 11/4/2012 7:54:16 AM
Ragnarokxv posted...
Calling the Vita the next Dreamcast is a major insult.
To the Dreamcast.

---
[=[3ds]=]
[o+[__].::]
+ (+.[VITA].::) = *EXPLODES*
#49FKRW4LifePosted 11/4/2012 8:05:44 AM
Until the Vita gets a port of Rush 2049 it aint no Dreamcast!
---
Vita Flopic creators = schadenfreude
Legit discussion on sales = intelligent debate
#50Sipher360Posted 11/4/2012 8:19:48 AM
I think that it's bad...but, I don't see Sony abandoning it any time soon. They've already burned people by abandoning/half supporting the PSPgo. I just don't see the brand name surviving another such blunder.

They are going to struggle, but put money in the system and atleast see it run a respective life cycle (5 years support or so) before they abandon it. And maybe stay out of the handheld market altogether after this.

And much like the PS3, the end result will be a decent library with several memorable titles.
---
"Ahk and them never did nothing to me....terrorism is when you hang a * from a tree..." -Grand Puba Maxwell