Is it really as bad as people are saying it is?

#71xfactorPosted 11/4/2012 1:26:27 PM(edited)
ViolentZ06 posted...
Yes it really is that bad and if sony doesn't pull their heads out of the sand it will only get worse.

The 3ds is selling 10 times what the vita is.
The wiiu is about to come out and will likely sell better due to mario and brand power
The ps4 is likely to come out next year/early 2014 (dev kits are already out)
The xbox 720/double circle/hula hoop will be around the same time

Unless the vita starts to pick up ASAP it won't get better, sony is going to compete with every console including themselves. A lot of people like to say 'console and handheld markets are completely different' but they forget that the people who make those games are exactly the same. Namco could have worked on a TTT2 port for the vita (like the last 2 tekken games for psp) but instead opted to work on a wiiu port. The same goes for multiple devs who could be working on vita projects but will instead work on other projects for other platforms that are selling better. As much as I'd like for the vita to succeed (gundam seed battle destiny and gundam breaker were enough to sell it to me) it seems like developers do not share my enthusiasm.

Dont forget the tablets and phones. There are much more platforms which those companies can channel their resources into now. Vita cant even survive now. Things are going to get worse after Wii U launch. Sony is not going to be able to split support between the ps3, vita and ps4.

I knew the vita is going to fail when it got announced, but it was doing worse than i initially thought. I never imagine it will sell less than 10k in japan but now vita is selling like 5k to 6k-ish in japan.
-
www.capcom.co.jp/bio6
#72Ryohazuki10469Posted 11/4/2012 2:17:13 PM
Rickoon5 posted...
BadDecisions posted...
I can't believe people are calling the Vita the next dreamcast....

Not entirely accurate,
the Dreamcast is fondly remembered for the few masterpieces it did spawn.
Can't see such a future for the Vita.

Ah, snap. I was gonna say it but you beat me to it.

Most of the Dreamcast versions were also superior to their ports: SF3, Grandia 2, Skies of Arcadia, Power Stone, MVC2, etc.

Unfortunately, the opposite seems true for Vita; it's the receiver of the bad ports.

How is the vita the receiver of bad ports?
---
PSN: DisRastamon MGO: RyoHazuki XBL: DIS Rastamon
#73NeonYoshi11Posted 11/4/2012 7:42:09 PM
Once price drops it won't be an issue.
#74Dragon NexusPosted 11/4/2012 9:26:20 PM
If they offered some way for me to get my PSP games on it.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#75LuminescentRulePosted 11/4/2012 9:30:14 PM
Xtreme-Void posted...
You know what... I'm starting to thinking, lots of cheap people buy cheap 3DS,
maybe because there is a card that can be used to play hacked DS games, from what I heard.

3DS was selling 3 to 4 times what Vita is selling when it was $250. Before Mario, no less.

3DS had Nintendogs though. And the memory card wasn't $25+.
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/EmperorLawlight.png
#76iCeThEeCrEaToR7Posted 11/4/2012 9:45:29 PM
Ps vita is geting a pricecut in 2013 so hopefully it won't flop.
#77r_m_8_8Posted 11/4/2012 10:49:32 PM
LuminescentRule posted...
3DS had Nintendogs though. And the memory card wasn't $25+.

Nintendogs on 3DS sold like 10% of what the DS game sold and it showed no legs, it was not a system seller. Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land did the job, they're still selling and moving systems.
---
Now playing: Code of Princess (3DS)
| 3DS | PS3 | PC | Wii |