AC3:L True Console Experience on the go and more!

#101L0L_FAQPosted 11/6/2012 11:32:58 AM
I can't miss a shot if I don't shoot.

http://i.imgur.com/f56bI.jpg

There's nothing asinine about it. If a handheld is powerful enough to deliver an experience in a genre on par of what you'd find on a console, then what is it? It's a console experience. Hate it all you want, it won't change that.

http://i.imgur.com/vDnWZ.jpg

There is nothing inherently "console" about any game. The term "console" experience isn't hearkening to 1 certain kind of experience you'll only find on consoles. It's stating that the game you're playing, for all intents and purposes, feels like it would feel on a console. AC3:L feels like the console games, hence "console experience". Bloodlines does not.

So when people were saying it in 2004 with PSP it was vitassurance?

It's being used because it's helpful. The vast majority of people who are interested in this game want to know whether it holds up to the AC console games.

They're not completely mutually exclusive, but it's primarily about gameplay.

I use "console experience" because it's helpful in many situations when describing if a game holds up to it's console big brother or not (i.e the main thing Vita owners are looking for). Calling every instance of the phrase being used "vitassurance" is the only thing asinine about this entire discussion.

---
http://i.imgur.com/vpXc3.png http://i.imgur.com/lljy5.jpg
"L0L_FAQ is one of the reasons I even read the forums any more" - CJayC
#102RoflCopter4000Posted 11/6/2012 1:48:58 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#103PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 11/6/2012 2:06:32 PM
Lol_Faq

I guess that's one way to concede defeat without verbally admitting it lol. You can leave now.
---
"You still play SNES & Genesis games? Yeah, they are terrible by today's standard. Graphics sells .. like it or not." - nariusseldon
#104NnamzPosted 11/6/2012 3:32:59 PM
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
Lol_Faq

I guess that's one way to concede defeat without verbally admitting it lol. You can leave now.

Pretty much.

His point that the term "console experience" COULD be a PROBLEMATIC term, is valid. However there are 3 things fundamentally wrong with his claim:

#1. It isn't a totally asinine term. It's helpful to describe many games on Vita and how well they hold up compared to their console sisters. Saying it's problematic and explaining why it's problematic would be perfectly acceptable. Calling it a mere tool for "vitassurance" and nothing else leads him to being wrong and nothing else.

#2. Which brings us to our next point, his vitassurance claim. Vitassurance is reassuring ones self about purchasing a Vita. Using the term "console experience" in no way does this. Assuring oneself that a Vita purchase was valid is in no way related to whether one game is a solid translation of an experience found on consoles. AC3:L is an example of this. Is it a solid translation of the console games? Absolutely. Is it an amazing game which legitimizes owning a Vita and is only brought up by fanboys with this in mind? Absolutely not.

#3. He has never even played the game, and thus shouldn't be making any claims about how well it replicates the console experience or not, nor should he be making any claims about it's quality. I've played it. When I say it has sound, framerate, story, and pacing issues, those criticisms hold much more weight than someone like him who hasn't played it and is just choosing to be reductive about it since that's his primary function on this board.

I don't dislike him, but I'm not above calling him out either.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 3780 - 9095 - 9402 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#105Jon TalbainPosted 11/6/2012 4:17:21 PM
L0L_FAQ hasn't played the game? Them their opinion isn't even valid. What is everyone so worked up for when its obvious they don't have a clue. This game is excellent, Im really enjoying it so far.
---
As long as you believe in yourself, nothing may overcome you.
#106L0L_FAQPosted 11/6/2012 8:27:40 PM
Lol_Faq

That's one way of saying "Nnamz hasn't read the topic and I've addressed each and every single one of these points at least twice".

L0L_FAQ hasn't played the game? Them their opinion isn't even valid. What is everyone so worked up for when its obvious they don't have a clue. This game is excellent, Im really enjoying it so far.

Why does not having played game = invalid oopinion? Maybe if I were commenting on the quality of the gameplay or the VA or something. I can argue about something without ever having come in contact with it. Moronic reasoning.
---
http://i.imgur.com/vpXc3.png http://i.imgur.com/lljy5.jpg
"L0L_FAQ is one of the reasons I even read the forums any more" - CJayC
#107Jon TalbainPosted 11/7/2012 6:26:49 AM
L0L_FAQ posted...
Lol_Faq

That's one way of saying "Nnamz hasn't read the topic and I've addressed each and every single one of these points at least twice".

Why does not having played game = invalid oopinion? Maybe if I were commenting on the quality of the gameplay or the VA or something. I can argue about something without ever having come in contact with it. Moronic reasoning.

That also makes your point about Nnamz not reading everything in this topic moronic as well. If you haven't played it for yourself, how can you have a valid opinion? That doesn't even make sense. From the way you argue every point to gamers who have actually played it, one would think you put 100 hours or more into it. But you haven't even played the game and shouldn't even be here.
---
#108CrepitantPosted 11/7/2012 6:32:16 AM
Jon Talbain posted...
L0L_FAQ posted...
Lol_Faq

That also makes your point about Nnamz not reading everything in this topic moronic as well. If you haven't played it for yourself, how can you have a valid opinion? That doesn't even make sense. From the way you argue every point to gamers who have actually played it, one would think you put 100 hours or more into it. But you haven't even played the game and shouldn't even be here.

He has a point though. If you're arguing that the game is literally a console experience or not it doesn't matter whether you've played it or not, or what the quality of the game is or not. Screenshots and gameplay footage is enough. Even word of mouth is technically enough if you recognise the Vita's capabilities.

Now is this game identical to a console game? No.

However, no one said it was. So he's kind of arguing against something that no one was really saying to begin with. No one meant it to mean what he's meaning it to mean. If that makes sense.
#109Jon TalbainPosted 11/7/2012 6:39:15 AM
Crepitant posted...
Jon Talbain posted...
L0L_FAQ posted...
Lol_Faq

He has a point though. If you're arguing that the game is literally a console experience or not it doesn't matter whether you've played it or not, or what the quality of the game is or not. Screenshots and gameplay footage is enough. Even word of mouth is technically enough if you recognise the Vita's capabilities.

Now is this game identical to a console game? No.

However, no one said it was. So he's kind of arguing against something that no one was really saying to begin with. No one meant it to mean what he's meaning it to mean. If that makes sense.

The problem with going by word of mouth is that you still may have certain things wrong. If I hadn't played it for myself, I would think it was much worse than it actually is. And there hasn't been a handheld Assassin's Creed that gives you the type of control and graphics that this one has. I believe that is what the topic creator meant. Other games like Grand Theft Auto might have, but not Assassin's Creed.

I still can't believe they pulled it off, it is amazing to see and play this game. And again, if you haven't had the Vita in your hands and only judge from videos and word of mouth, it isn't the same. That is the point I am making.
---
#110CrepitantPosted 11/7/2012 6:46:32 AM
Jon Talbain posted...

The problem with going by word of mouth is that you still may have certain things wrong. If I hadn't played it for myself, I would think it was much worse than it actually is. And there hasn't been a handheld Assassin's Creed that gives you the type of control and graphics that this one has. I believe that is what the topic creator meant. Other games like Grand Theft Auto might have, but not Assassin's Creed.

I still can't believe they pulled it off, it is amazing to see and play this game. And again, if you haven't had the Vita in your hands and only judge from videos and word of mouth, it isn't the same. That is the point I am making.

Well he's arguing that since this game can't match the PS3 visually it can't be 'console level' by definition. So all he really needs to know to make that argument is that AC is on the Vita...