AC3:L True Console Experience on the go and more!

#121NnamzPosted 11/8/2012 8:19:30 AM(edited)
No, where has it been proven wrong or narrow minded?

Right here in the post you quoted:

"The term is problematic, but can be helpful, and your claim that it's only used for vitassurance is narrow minded and wrong (disproven by the many, many people who claim this game offers the console experience while at the same time isn't absolutely stellar"

Disregarding this and saying it's only used for Vitassurance is narrow minded and doesn't make any sense.

What about this gameplay makes it a console experience and not a "PC experience"?

Already addressed this:

"There is nothing inherently "console" about any game. The term "console" experience isn't hearkening to 1 certain kind of experience you'll only find on consoles. It's stating that the game you're playing, for all intents and purposes, feels like it would feel on a console. AC3:L feels like the console games, hence "console experience". Bloodlines does not."

I didn't read the topic because I felt I already knew what it was about before I walked in, and after reading it now, I was right. However perhaps you should follow your own advice, since your questions have been addressed by me twice now.

- The game delivers a "console experience" since it is extremely similar to how the console game plays. Nobody is saying it isn't also close to the PC experience. Nobody is saying AC is only available on consoles and not PC. Nobody is saying the term is perfect and un-problematic because of this. It IS a problematic term, but a helpful one for anybody with the common sense to know what it actually means and isn't trying to be reductive about it for the sake of being reductive.

- There is nothing Vitassurance about it. Whether AC3:L is awesome or not does not depend on how similar it is to the console games. AC3:L both delivers the console experience, and falls short of awesomeness, at the same time, and therefore cannot be used for any claim to Vitassurance. It can be a 2D sidescroller and be nothing like the console games but be the best game to ever come out, and thus CAN be used for Vitassurance. It was a baseless and not well thought out claim.

- The game doesn't have to be exactly on par with it's console version to deliver the "console experience", whether that's AC1 or AC3. It has the same gameplay, nearly identical controls, the same engine, the same experience. Bloodlines had similar gameplay, different controls, a different engine, and was a different experience. Heck by your logic because if it's graphical shortfalls, Street Fighter x Tekken on Vita offers a different experience than Street Fighter X Tekken on PS3 despite the fact that IT'S THE EXACT SAME GAME AND YOU CAN EVEN PLAY VITA VS PS3. "Console experience" does not mean "exactly the same as it is on console in absolutely every regard". It's becoming clearer and clearer that this entire debate is more about you not understanding what the term means and less about anything else.

- You have not even played the game. You cannot make any comments on how close it comes to the console experience by looking at screen shots.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 3780 - 9095 - 9402 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#122L0L_FAQPosted 11/8/2012 8:25:50 AM

"The term is problematic, but can be helpful, and your claim that it's only used for vitassurance is narrow minded and wrong (disproven by the many, many people who claim this game offers the console experience while at the same time isn't absolutely stellar"

Disregarding this and saying it's only used for Vitassurance is narrow minded and doesn't make any sense.

That's not "proving" anything. That's just you saying it.

Already addressed this:

"There is nothing inherently "console" about any game. The term "console" experience isn't hearkening to 1 certain kind of experience you'll only find on consoles. It's stating that the game you're playing, for all intents and purposes, feels like it would feel on a console. AC3:L feels like the console games, hence "console experience". Bloodlines does not."

I didn't read the topic because I felt I already knew what it was about before I walked in, and after reading it now, I was right. However perhaps you should follow your own advice, since your questions have been addressed by me twice now.

- The game delivers a "console experience" since it is extremely similar to how the console game plays. Nobody is saying it isn't also close to the PC experience. Nobody is saying AC is only available on consoles and not PC. Nobody is saying the term is perfect and un-problematic because of this. It IS a problematic term, but a helpful one for anybody with the common sense to know what it actually means and isn't trying to be reductive about it for the sake of being reductive.

- There is nothing Vitassurance about it. Whether AC3:L is awesome or not does not depend on how similar it is to the console games. AC3:L both delivers the console experience, and falls short of awesomeness, at the same time, and therefore cannot be used for any claim to Vitassurance. It can be a 2D sidescroller and be nothing like the console games but be the best game to ever come out, and thus CAN be used for Vitassurance. It was a baseless and not well thought out claim.

- The game doesn't have to be exactly on par with it's console version to deliver the "console experience", whether that's AC1 or AC3. It has the same gameplay, nearly identical controls, the same engine, the same experience. Bloodlines had similar gameplay, different controls, a different engine, and was a different experience. Heck by your logic because if it's graphical shortfalls, Street Fighter x Tekken on Vita offers a different experience than Street Fighter X Tekken on PS3 despite the fact that IT'S THE EXACT SAME GAME AND YOU CAN EVEN PLAY VITA VS PS3. "Console experience" does not mean "exactly the same as it is on console in absolutely every regard". It's becoming clearer and clearer that this entire debate is more about you not understanding what the term means and less about anything else.

- You have not even played the game. You cannot make any comments on how close it comes to the console experience by looking at screen shots.

So, to put it simply, this is a console experience because you have arbitrarily defined what a console experience is so it fits this particular case? Sounds about right.
---
http://i.imgur.com/vpXc3.png http://i.imgur.com/lljy5.jpg
"L0L_FAQ is one of the reasons I even read the forums any more" - CJayC
#123NnamzPosted 11/8/2012 8:40:48 AM
That's not "proving" anything. That's just you saying it.

And multiple people (in this topic no less) saying that they don't think the game is amazing, but that it replicates the experience you'd have in the console games, proves it's not being used for Vitassurance. It proves Vitassurance isn't the only reason for saying it replicates that experience. It proves you were being narrow minded. If you opened your mind to the different uses and motives behind the term (i.e the opposite of narrow-mindedness) this wouldn't have been an issue. You didn't, and you stil don't want to, so you were (and are) being narrow-minded.

So, to put it simply, this is a console experience because you have arbitrarily defined what a console experience is so it fits this particular case?

It replicates the experience found in the console games, it delivers the "console experience".

If to you, "console experience" = "console identical" then no game delivers any experience comparable to any game. COD on PS3 doesn't deliver the COD experience since it's not full HD resolution and has a framerate hiccup in some situations. AC: Brotherhood, Revelations, and 3 do not deliver the Assassin's Creed console experience because they do not live up to 2 in terms of story telling and framerate. Uncharted 1 and 3 are not the Uncharted experience since they do not live up to 2 in terms of polish, gameplay, and story telling. And I can go on.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 3780 - 9095 - 9402 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#124Jon TalbainPosted 11/8/2012 8:41:27 AM
Nnamz posted...
No, where has it been proven wrong or narrow minded?

What about this gameplay makes it a console experience and not a "PC experience"?

Already addressed this:

This is well said and makes perfect sense. But you already know that it will keep going over a certain person's head. In their world, everyone else is wrong or moronic. Just let them keep believing that. Besides, over 100,000 people have the game and hopefully many more will as well.
---
As long as you believe in yourself, nothing may overcome you.
#125hajile12(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 10:20:04 AM
I hope we get more games of this caliber but with more polish.
---
Somtimes i go to dog parks even though i dont have a dog. I bring a leash though and i wear a very shifty look. =I
#126Jon TalbainPosted 11/8/2012 10:24:36 AM
hajile12 posted...
I hope we get more games of this caliber but with more polish.

I agree, its amazing at what has been done this early in the Vita's life. I hope developers put more time and care, because if Ubisoft had taken more time they could have fixed a lot of the glitches. Hopefully they will release another patch because the game is truly amazing.
---
As long as you believe in yourself, nothing may overcome you.
#127DemiFistPosted 11/8/2012 6:19:11 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]