AC3:L True Console Experience on the go and more!

#41L0L_FAQPosted 11/5/2012 5:51:11 AM
The graphics are nice. Close to the first ac.

No and even if it was so, "almost console level" is still not "console level".

You wont fint graphics like this on any other dedicated gameing handheld.

A) Extremely specific criterion.

B) Despite that requirement being extremely specific, it's also asinine. Handheld devices, not dedicated to gaming, have better graphics. Should a dedicated handheld not be expected to have an advantage in that department anyway? The fact that you have to say "dedicated gaming handheld" to EXCLUDE devices that aren't ddedicated to gaming is hilarious.

C) "You wont fint graphics like this on any other dedicated gameing handheld" =/= console level

Being different is a nice touch. Ot does not diminish the thrill of the series. Its not just the same ol, same ol.

If something is a new installment, I'd appreciate it being "different". It's not a new and exciting or distinguished feature to have things that are different in a new installment of a game, regardless of platform.

Theexiled said this game was his first in the series and now he want s to play the others. I now really want to play 3. Perhaps that was a bit fotward of me but I'm excited about the game.

Sample size of 2. Brilliant.

Try the game. Get it used or somthing. This game really proces that the vita can handle games of a larger scale.

I will. I mainly wait for my neighbor/housemate to get new Vita games. We share games since we usually end up buying the ones that the other wouldn't usually have played or bought.

And I don't think it needed proving. The PSP had it's GTA games. The DS had CW and COP (although the game was made by Ubisoft and sucked ass). Even the GBA had Driv3r. The PS2 had it's GTAs. the PSX had Driver.
---
http://i.imgur.com/vpXc3.png http://i.imgur.com/lljy5.jpg
"L0L_FAQ is one of the reasons I even read the forums any more" - CJayC
#42bigdaddydmacPosted 11/5/2012 5:54:28 AM
hajile12 posted...
bigdaddydmac posted...
I jumped into Liberation at launch, and really enjoyed it. It's technical flaws can be overlooked. It is kind of short at 9 sequences and the gimmick controls suck. The core game is fantastic and it has AC3s combat system. Worth checking out.

Just got AC3 this weekend as well : )

Fair. I agree. I want ac3!! Nxt paycheck! I hope u enjoy it.

So far it's amazing, if you enjoyed ACL you'll definitely like AC3! It's a lot more in depth.
---
psn:BigDaddyD-Mac
"Before society can move forward, we all must agree upon the rules! Now Kneel!" -Galvatron
#43nicktheman1Posted 11/5/2012 6:20:36 AM
LOL_FAQ please get out you troll. No the game isnt as amazing as TC may claim. Yes the game is still impressive. /topic
#44L0L_FAQPosted 11/5/2012 6:24:07 AM
LOL_FAQ please get out you troll. No the game isnt as amazing as TC may claim. Yes the game is still impressive. /topic

"nicktheman", please take off your blinders and whinny like the good little pony you are. Not everyone bearing criticism is a troll.
---
#45hajile12(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2012 6:45:52 AM
I get the points u ate making. But regardless, acl is the best ac on a handheld so far. I used the dedicated handheld term to avoid saying 3ds.

The scale of this game is a good bar above gta and such on the psp and ds.
---
Somtimes i go to dog parks even though i dont have a dog. I bring a leash though and i wear a very shifty look. =I
#46L0L_FAQPosted 11/5/2012 7:01:07 AM
But regardless, acl is the best ac on a handheld so far.

And Big Rigz is the best Big Rigz on PC so far, doesn't stop it from literally being the worst game ever created.

I used the dedicated handheld term to avoid saying 3ds.

And what relevance does the 3DS have here? And all the same, how does that make it console level?

The scale of this game is a good bar above gta and such on the psp and ds.

No.
---
#47NettoSaitoPosted 11/5/2012 7:07:24 AM
pdizzles125 posted...
If I were a Vita only owner, I would for sure buy this game. Seeing as how I have both a PS3 and Vita, I don't see the reason to get AC3:L unless there was a game drought of epic proportions. There's no true multiplayer on AC3:L and the console version is just superior.

The main reason to get it is if you are a fan of the series, and you want to see the full storyline. That's why I'll be picking it up later lol
---
3DS FC - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] Please PM me with your FC!
My Backloggery Game List - http://www.backloggery.com/NettoSaito
#48wwwgippal2Posted 11/5/2012 7:08:00 AM
pdizzles125 posted...
If I were a Vita only owner, I would for sure buy this game. Seeing as how I have both a PS3 and Vita, I don't see the reason to get AC3:L unless there was a game drought of epic proportions. There's no true multiplayer on AC3:L and the console version is just superior.

There is no 'console version'. They are different games...
---
sry fur me bad enlish,im form usa
#49CrepitantPosted 11/5/2012 7:34:36 AM
L0L_FAQ posted...

1. As far as I can tell, nothing on the handheld installment is visually up to par with the console ones. If it's gameplay you're talking about, that's not exactly an amazing feat.

The game is also dufferent enough to offer a slighty different experience then the console versions.

2. That's not exactly an amazing feat.

I'll try and respond to this (please be gentle with me)

1. You're mostly right. A handheld title can never generally match console level graphics. IMO though AC3:L ends up being as aesthetically pleasing as the other AC titles, and in some cases even more so (the Bayou). The sense of scale in this game is amazing for a portable title.

2. Depends on how you look at it. It's definitely a huge breath of fresh air after the 3 Ezio games. We have (for once) disguises that make sense and different play styles depending on how you want to approach a mission (stealth vs. combat etc). So while generally not technically impressive, it is impressive for the AC series to innovate in any meaningful way.

---

So does it provide the console experience? IMO absolutely. Why? The core gameplay works identically to the main titles (climbing/combat). In addition you have the personas which work quite well if you have the time for anything other than the combat persona.

Does it do everything? Well no. A lot of the mini games have been omitted. You don't have Leonardo's ridiculous flying machine or AC3's naval battles (to my knowledge), but I don't consider this a big negative. Maybe it's just me, but I didn't buy an assassins creed game for those gimmicks.
#50richbadPosted 11/5/2012 7:37:29 AM
Agreed! I love this game.havent even played my ac3 yet!great character,setting and feels like an ac game!