AC3:L True Console Experience on the go and more!

#91NnamzPosted 11/5/2012 11:42:46 PM
Read the OP and the first response, skimmed the users responding. I'm going to take a wild guess and assume overly defensive fanboys are defending the game's every fault and LOL_FAQ is being reductive about the game's resolution, glitches and framerate while not having played it himself and while ignoring anything the game does right. I can almost guarantee that this is a 90+ topic full of that. Not wasting my time reading it though so someone let me know if I was right.

Anyway this guy hits the nail on the head:

Arucard05 posted...
It's a great game marred by some technical quirks. It's a must play for fans of the series or fans of the genre.

Resolution is waay sub-native (ala Uncharted and Gravity Rush). Framerate takes a nose dive in the heavily populated areas of New Orleans (at times, depending on how fast you're moving, it actually affects responsiveness of the buttons). There are glitches (welcome to assassin's creed, lol). The story isn't well presented. The voice acting is laughable for the most part. The sound quality is near unforgiveable (not just compression, the mics they used to record audio were cheap and low quality). And the vast majority of the touch and camera gimmicks do not even work properly.

But the gameplay is rock solid Assassin's Creed in every way. Controls are tight. Textures are great. The worlds are large. There's TONS of things to do. Good length. Nice economy management. Awesome main character. Better combat than previews AC games. Brave take on gameplay with the Persona system. Animations are incredible. Lighting is fantastic. Environments look amazing.

I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who is a fan of the series. It is a true Assassin's Creed game from top to bottom, it's just worse than pretty much all of the console games except AC1, but that doesn't mean it isn't worth playing for people who like AC games.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 3780 - 9095 - 9402 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#92CrepitantPosted 11/5/2012 11:49:07 PM
^

yeah pretty much
#93L0L_FAQPosted 11/5/2012 11:59:57 PM
and LOL_FAQ is being reductive about the game's resolution, glitches and framerate while not having played it himself and while ignoring anything the game does right.

Then clearly you missed the point. I have no problems with the quality of the game, but the term "console experience" being applied to it. It's been an idiotic term since Sony fans started using it with the PSP. It's still an idiotic term. There is nothing "console" about have nice gameplay, story and voice acting. The only "console" thing there is to have is graphical muscle. This could be the best game in the world. Doesn't make it a "console experience", which in itself shouldn't be an inherently positive term.
---
http://i.imgur.com/vpXc3.png http://i.imgur.com/lljy5.jpg
"L0L_FAQ is one of the reasons I even read the forums any more" - CJayC
#94RD_21Posted 11/6/2012 8:27:46 AM
L0L_FAQ posted...

I'm not butthurt one bit, I just told him to stop wasting his time arguing with you since it was leading no where and you just want to argue for the sake of arguing (Is it console like or almost console like), but see it as a precious victory if you must lol.

Yeah, whenever people on this board get butthurt about the truth, they immediately seize any opportunity to stop the argument. Don't worry, I didn't expect any different.

And I think he has a point. It's not console graphic it's almost console graphic. You and I can look at the handheld and understand what console like mean for an handheld, but for him you need to add the word almost and we could have done without the 30 back and forth reply. They are arguing the same thing, they just have a different definition of the word or way to classify things.

It's no even "almost console graphics" is my point and even if it was, almost is not quite. Vita games run at pathetic resolutions, pathetic framerates anad the difference between the Vita installment of games and the PS3 ones aren't even small.

If I call you a troll you would say that you aren't, but if you say that I'm butthurt you know better than me how I feel.

Anyway you would have a point if I was playing ACL on my 52 inches screen but I'm playing on a 5 inches screen that make it look fine enough for me. You don't have to agree and it's fine.
#95L0L_FAQPosted 11/6/2012 8:39:09 AM
If I call you a troll you would say that you aren't, but if you say that I'm butthurt you know better than me how I feel.

Trolling is deliberately attempting to rile people up. I'm just telling it like it is; you're all the ones who're getting butthurt over the truth.

Anyway you would have a point if I was playing ACL on my 52 inches screen but I'm playing on a 5 inches screen that make it look fine enough for me. You don't have to agree and it's fine.

Doesn't make it a "console experience".
---
#96NnamzPosted 11/6/2012 9:17:56 AM
L0L_FAQ posted...

Then clearly you missed the point.

I didn't even read anything you've written except this post. I don't think the term "missed the point" is applicable here. I never tried to even get your point. I don't care to read 90 posts of this garbage.

I have no problems with the quality of the game,

Sure you do. And so do I. Glitches, framerate, resolution.

There is nothing "console" about have nice gameplay

There is something console about having gameplay true to the consoles.

For example: Which game is closer to the console stryle AC games? Bloodlines, or Liberation? The resoundingly clear answer is Liberation. PSP did not have the graphical muscle to deliver console style gameplay, so it didn't. Vita does, so it did.

Console EXPERIENCE is about gameplay, and how true it is to the console game. PSP gave us a few games like that (God of War, Grand Theft Auto, ect) while 3DS and Vita continue that trend (Resident Evil, Assassin's Creed).

I honestly don't know what you're trying to argue here.
---
#97L0L_FAQPosted 11/6/2012 10:43:43 AM
I didn't even read anything you've written except this post. I don't think the term "missed the point" is applicable here. I never tried to even get your point. I don't care to read 90 posts of this garbage.

Being ignorant of the point is functionally identical to not getting it.

Sure you do. And so do I. Glitches, framerate, resolution.

EH, that's not what I really mean. I mean that this could be a "good" game or it could not be a good game. I'm not arguing how good or bad the game is, because I haven't played it. I'm arguing how asinine the term "console experience" is.

There is something console about having gameplay true to the consoles.

But that's not the point; the issue is that this is being heralded as something new and exciting. There's nothing inherently "console" about AC's gameplay. The series simply plays a certain way and is on consoles. It's equally as asinine as saying that the Vita delivers a "PC Experience" because Assassin's Creed exists on the PC. Simply having gameplay that is a certain way isn't inherent to any type of platform.

For example: Which game is closer to the console stryle AC games? Bloodlines, or Liberation? The resoundingly clear answer is Liberation. PSP did not have the graphical muscle to deliver console style gameplay, so it didn't. Vita does, so it did.

As I said, it plays similar to the titles that are on the console. there's is nothing inherently "console" about the way the Assassin's Creed plays, the same way there's nothing "PC" about it. It's a stupid phrase being used for vitassurance.

Console EXPERIENCE is about gameplay, and how true it is to the console game. PSP gave us a few games like that (God of War, Grand Theft Auto, ect) while 3DS and Vita continue that trend (Resident Evil, Assassin's Creed).

But that's it right there; is "the console experience" completely independent of the technical issues and graphical shortfalls of this game? If yes, then there is no reason to be using this as vitassurance; a game like Spiderman 2 can do a massive map with more NPCs without it's framerate taking a hit. We've been seeing games that handle like their console counterparts for ages, even ones with gameplay similar to Assassin's Creed that were done on vastly weaker systems. What is this game "proving" and why does it deserve a full circlejerk topic dedicated to it?
---
#98L0L_FAQPosted 11/6/2012 10:44:38 AM
I honestly don't know what you're trying to argue here.

I didn't even read anything you've written except this post.

Yeah, I'm not surprised :P
---
#99NnamzPosted 11/6/2012 11:00:19 AM
Being ignorant of the point is functionally identical to not getting it.

But not functionally identical to "missing" it. "Missing" the point means I tried to sort through this drivel. I didn't. I can't miss a shot if I don't shoot. I can't miss a kick if I don't kick. I can't miss a pitch if I don't pitch. I can't miss a dance if I never tried to go to the dance. Etc, etc, etc.

I'm arguing how asinine the term "console experience" is.

There's nothing asinine about it. If a handheld is powerful enough to deliver an experience in a genre on par of what you'd find on a console, then what is it? It's a console experience. Hate it all you want, it won't change that.

But that's not the point; the issue is that this is being heralded as something new and exciting. There's nothing inherently "console" about AC's gameplay.

There is nothing inherently "console" about any game. The term "console" experience isn't hearkening to 1 certain kind of experience you'll only find on consoles. It's stating that the game you're playing, for all intents and purposes, feels like it would feel on a console. AC3:L feels like the console games, hence "console experience". Bloodlines does not.

It's a stupid phrase being used for vitassurance.

So when people were saying it in 2004 with PSP it was vitassurance?

It's being used because it's helpful. The vast majority of people who are interested in this game want to know whether it holds up to the AC console games.

But that's it right there; is "the console experience" completely independent of the technical issues and graphical shortfalls of this game?

They're not completely mutually exclusive, but it's primarily about gameplay.

I use "console experience" because it's helpful in many situations when describing if a game holds up to it's console big brother or not (i.e the main thing Vita owners are looking for). Calling every instance of the phrase being used "vitassurance" is the only thing asinine about this entire discussion.
---
#100RD_21Posted 11/6/2012 11:27:03 AM(edited)
L0L_FAQ posted...

Trolling is deliberately attempting to rile people up. I'm just telling it like it is; you're all the ones who're getting butthurt over the truth.

Doesn't make it a "console experience".

I'm not butthurt and I didn't called you a troll. All I said is that if I WAS to call you a troll you would deny it saying that you are saying the truth (newsflash for you dude, it's not because someone is telling it like it is that he isn't trolling... I know I just blew up your mind), but if I tell you that I'm not butthurt, I'm obviously is and you know better than me how I feel.

As for the second part, then why is it not a console experience? Are you really thinking that the term console experience on a handheld mean it has to be exactly on par with a console game? It just mean that it's as close as a console it will ever get.

Keep running in circle telling people no, not HD, not 60 fps, not this and that while most people agree that AC3:L is a console experience on an handheld.

Like I said, you are right if for you console experience mean that it has to be the exact same thing as the console, yeah you are right there's no denying it, but that's ignoring what console experience on an handheld truly mean.