So the PS Vita is officially a laughing stock?

#21JP_SartrePosted 11/5/2012 10:50:58 AM
TC must have forgotten the Atari LYNX.
---
"The Virtual Boy didn't fail. We failed the Virtual Boy"
-fallenKlNG
#22bil74Posted 11/5/2012 11:12:34 AM
I want a Vita, but Persona 4 Golden is really the only game I want, so I probably won't get one. If there are more JPRGs released, I may reconsider.

AC3L looks interesting, but I'm not going to change my data plan and walk around with my Vita looking for people to play with. That doesn't work outside of middle school.
#23DevilStriderPosted 11/5/2012 11:13:35 AM
zetsuclone posted...
The only ones laughing are the broke losers who cant afford it. Vita/3ds master race.

I'm laughing my ass off and I own one.
---
kcypher2000: "Btw i pirate and i don't give a damn what you think about it. At the end of the day you are paying to play what i get for free."
#24PrinnyGod_Posted 11/5/2012 11:14:32 AM
That feel when you own both a 3ds and vita.
---
I'm not really a god, dood. Please don't tell anyone.
#25BossBangPosted 11/5/2012 11:21:37 AM
FayeLady posted...
MyWifeBeatsMe posted...
No other console/handheld of this magnitude failed this hard

That isn't really true. Most recently the PSP Go and the Gameboy Micro failed for the same lack of compatibility and pricing schemes the Vita is failing with.

So while they don't seem to learn very well, you can hardly say they are the first to fail in this way.

You're saying the Micro, which released after the DS came out, didn't sell like hotcakes because it couldn't play Gameboy color games?

<_<

And as for as the Go, it released towards the end of the PSP's lifespan and was supposed to be an option for gamers who preferred digital games. Not a PSP successor.

Neither of those platforms were designed to "take over the market", they were just alternative devices designed to be more convenient for the gamer.
---
(On Resident Evil Revelations)
"4/10. The campaign was great, but the originality to Raid was stolen from Pokemon..." -CPU-Z
#26inuyasha1031Posted 11/5/2012 11:23:24 AM
Guys, you are getting trolled by a guy who gets beat by his wife.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Fhluz.jpg
#27FayeLadyPosted 11/5/2012 11:33:35 AM
BossBang posted...
FayeLady posted...
MyWifeBeatsMe posted...
No other console/handheld of this magnitude failed this hard

That isn't really true. Most recently the PSP Go and the Gameboy Micro failed for the same lack of compatibility and pricing schemes the Vita is failing with.

So while they don't seem to learn very well, you can hardly say they are the first to fail in this way.

You're saying the Micro, which released after the DS came out, didn't sell like hotcakes because it couldn't play Gameboy color games?

<_<

And as for as the Go, it released towards the end of the PSP's lifespan and was supposed to be an option for gamers who preferred digital games. Not a PSP successor.

Neither of those platforms were designed to "take over the market", they were just alternative devices designed to be more convenient for the gamer.

No, im say lack of compatibility was a huge issue for both of them. Not just games, but chargers, cables, memory, whatever else. The fact they cost more than their predecessors (GBASP and PSP3k) and played fewer games was also a huge issue. The Micro and to an even larger extent, the Go were not about being convenient, they were about limiting the users choice to they type of game that would be more profitable. This is a similar philosophy that drives the Vita, yet people are surprised consumers aren't embracing it.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#28SquirrelettePosted 11/5/2012 11:36:26 AM
FKRW4Life posted...
zetsuclone posted...
The only ones laughing are the broke losers who cant afford it. Vita/3ds master race.

I feel bad for those people.

The ones who are the idiots are the ones who decided a system with many good games, backward support of most psp titles, and playing great classic titles is somehow not worth buying because it isn't selling well.

Backward support? Sorry, excuse me while I laugh myself silly. Backward support for *only* downloaded games, and not even all of those. Not *true* backward support. Unless there's some secret way I can play my old UMD's on my Vita that I've yet to discover. <sarcasm>
---
~" A chat with you, and somehow death loses its sting."~
#29quickposterPosted 11/5/2012 11:39:13 AM
ITP posted...
People are dissing this device for no reason whatsoever, and poor marketing from Sony isn't helping this situation well enough.

Sony's marketing is all over the place. People just don't care at the moment.
---
Bethesda not convinced people will buy the next xbox and PS4: your install base always starts at zero
#30MegaMettaurPosted 11/5/2012 11:42:14 AM
zetsuclone posted...

---
Playing (vita): Disgaea 1&2, UMvC3, MGSHD, BBCS2 EX. PSN: Roksor.
See that? I'm actually playing my Vita. Scrubs.