So the PS Vita is officially a laughing stock?

#31UnderratedGamerPosted 11/5/2012 10:50:19 AM
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
MidgardDragon99 posted...
alexg1989 posted...
pay him no mind.. if people would just not post in these threads, they wouldn't keep posting them...

now I realize I'm a hypocrite for posting here, but I won't... unless I feel like it.

If only reporting trolls to the mods actually did anything people might not feel the need to post in these threads to combat the losers.

Your signature is probably the most ignorant POS statement I have ever seen.
---
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." - Isaac Asimov
#32BossBangPosted 11/5/2012 10:52:06 AM
FayeLady posted...
BossBang posted...
FayeLady posted...
MyWifeBeatsMe posted...
No other console/handheld of this magnitude failed this hard

That isn't really true. Most recently the PSP Go and the Gameboy Micro failed for the same lack of compatibility and pricing schemes the Vita is failing with.

So while they don't seem to learn very well, you can hardly say they are the first to fail in this way.

You're saying the Micro, which released after the DS came out, didn't sell like hotcakes because it couldn't play Gameboy color games?

<_<

And as for as the Go, it released towards the end of the PSP's lifespan and was supposed to be an option for gamers who preferred digital games. Not a PSP successor.

Neither of those platforms were designed to "take over the market", they were just alternative devices designed to be more convenient for the gamer.

No, im say lack of compatibility was a huge issue for both of them. Not just games, but chargers, cables, memory, whatever else. The fact they cost more than their predecessors (GBASP and PSP3k) and played fewer games was also a huge issue. The Micro and to an even larger extent, the Go were not about being convenient, they were about limiting the users choice to they type of game that would be more profitable. This is a similar philosophy that drives the Vita, yet people are surprised consumers aren't embracing it.

I highly doubt that the Gameboy micro didn't outsell a (freaking) DS because the charger (that is COMES with) was different. The entire point of the Go was to make it smaller, more portable, and to get rid of the UMD drive for convenience. (AKA: don't have carry around a bunch of wimpy crappy designed discs to have all your games with you.)

Again, both were an option for gamers that were looking for a an alternative. Obviously people who already owned a PSP and had a bunch of UMDs wouldn't be picking up a Go, it was aimed at people picking one up for the first time near the end of the platforms life cycle. Neither platform was designed to be the successor (Gameboy/PSP 2), so stop saying predecessor to make it sound like it "failed" as "the next big thing", that was never the goal. They were both purposely targeted at niche sets of gamers, they didn't "fail." The goal wasn't to outsell the DS/PSP.
---
(On Resident Evil Revelations)
"4/10. The campaign was great, but the originality to Raid was stolen from Pokemon..." -CPU-Z
#33Oxn518Posted 11/5/2012 10:56:44 AM
Thug4L1fe posted...
Yeah AC:L couldn't even run on 3DS
Persona 4
NFS
Soul Sacrifice
Zero Escape.

Vita is stating to earn it's tag and in 3-5 years 3DS will need a new machine to keep up with Vita's awesomeness.

I bet you the 4DS wont be as powerful as the Vita unlocked.
---
i5 3570k | XFX 6870 | 8gig DDR3 ram
#34BossBangPosted 11/5/2012 11:00:31 AM
Oxn518 posted...
Thug4L1fe posted...
Persona 4
NFS
Soul Sacrifice
Zero Escape.

Vita is stating to earn it's tag and in 3-5 years 3DS will need a new machine to keep up with Vita's awesomeness.

FOUR DIMENSIONAL GAMING
---
(On Resident Evil Revelations)
"4/10. The campaign was great, but the originality to Raid was stolen from Pokemon..." -CPU-Z
#35FayeLadyPosted 11/5/2012 11:02:46 AM
BossBang posted...
FayeLady posted...
BossBang posted...
FayeLady posted...
MyWifeBeatsMe posted...
No other console/handheld of this magnitude failed this hard

That isn't really true. Most recently the PSP Go and the Gameboy Micro failed for the same lack of compatibility and pricing schemes the Vita is failing with.

So while they don't seem to learn very well, you can hardly say they are the first to fail in this way.

You're saying the Micro, which released after the DS came out, didn't sell like hotcakes because it couldn't play Gameboy color games?

<_<

And as for as the Go, it released towards the end of the PSP's lifespan and was supposed to be an option for gamers who preferred digital games. Not a PSP successor.

Neither of those platforms were designed to "take over the market", they were just alternative devices designed to be more convenient for the gamer.

No, im say lack of compatibility was a huge issue for both of them. Not just games, but chargers, cables, memory, whatever else. The fact they cost more than their predecessors (GBASP and PSP3k) and played fewer games was also a huge issue. The Micro and to an even larger extent, the Go were not about being convenient, they were about limiting the users choice to they type of game that would be more profitable. This is a similar philosophy that drives the Vita, yet people are surprised consumers aren't embracing it.

I highly doubt that the Gameboy micro didn't outsell a (freaking) DS because the charger (that is COMES with) was different. The entire point of the Go was to make it smaller, more portable, and to get rid of the UMD drive for convenience. (AKA: don't have carry around a bunch of wimpy crappy designed discs to have all your games with you.)

Again, both were an option for gamers that were looking for a an alternative. Obviously people who already owned a PSP and had a bunch of UMDs wouldn't be picking up a Go, it was aimed at people picking one up for the first time near the end of the platforms life cycle. Neither platform was designed to be the successor (Gameboy/PSP 2), so stop saying predecessor to make it sound like it "failed" as "the next big thing", that was never the goal. They were both purposely targeted at niche sets of gamers, they didn't "fail." The goal wasn't to outsell the DS/PSP.

I never spoke on the micro outselling the DS, the only other system I compared it to was an GBASP. ANY PSP was capable of playing digital games instead of UMDs, including the ones on the shelf next to the GO for 100 dollars less.

The Gameboy Micro was not only the successor the the gameboy line, its the final product in it. Nintendo itself pretty much admits they failed to show its benefit to customers. Remember, the GBM existed at a time before the DS took off to be the product we see it as today. At that time the DS was the crazy new product and the GBA was the one that was the safe bet.

Furthermore I don't see why we bother arguing semantics. Both products failed to gain any type of marketshare. No matter who you would like to say they were marketed to, they didn't get the message.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#36medmusclePosted 11/5/2012 11:18:27 AM
What's so funny? Did I miss something in all the hilarity? Seriously, who is actually LAUGHING? It's not that it's the same old cliche' remark that trolls use in a sad, unimaginative way in trying to diss something that they can't afford or don't have the brains to be an open-minded gamer. No, it's definitely NOT that. I totally missed the joke. I feel stupid.
---
If you want to see FF Type-0 localized, put it in your sig and go here to sign: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/project-crystallis.html
#37PigfartsPosted 11/5/2012 11:26:12 AM
MyWifeBeatsMe posted...
It's really hilarious how bad the Vita is doing. No other console/handheld of this magnitude failed this hard

virtual boy and jaguar, turbo graphic 16, sega CD, the list goes on for concoles that did worse.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#38nariusseldonPosted 11/5/2012 11:30:56 AM
Oxn518 posted...
Thug4L1fe posted...
Persona 4
NFS
Soul Sacrifice
Zero Escape.

And i bet you the vita unlocked will not be as powerful as the next andriod phone/iphone, if not the current one.
#39AnclationPosted 11/5/2012 11:31:24 AM
It is pretty much a punchline at this point. Not yet an N-Gage, but still pretty damn bad.
#40Lee21Posted 11/5/2012 12:30:35 PM
Pigfarts posted...
MyWifeBeatsMe posted...
It's really hilarious how bad the Vita is doing. No other console/handheld of this magnitude failed this hard

virtual boy and jaguar, turbo graphic 16, sega CD, the list goes on for concoles that did worse.

Damn it you beat me to it lol